Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 06:50 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,658,501 times

Advertisements

I pose this question - and an article (I found many)

talk amongst yourselves

Who is happier - singles or married couples? Psychologies magazine investigates (http://www.handbag.com/relationships/couples/singlevmarried/ - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2007, 06:51 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,658,501 times
I asked because I'm waiting for the "Wow, marriage is so worth it feeling!!" to happen

I love my husband

But being single was easier and much more satisfying

Old 05-31-2007, 07:03 PM

137 posts, read 817,643 times
Default Single

....yup, definitely single.....

I thought I was happy being married, but after being single for 2 years I now realize I'm so much happier.

Old 05-31-2007, 07:18 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,768,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl72 View Post
I asked because I'm waiting for the "Wow, marriage is so worth it feeling!!" to happen

I love my husband

But being single was easier and much more satisfying
After 8 years of marriage and 2 children. If you asked me 3 years ago if I thought marriage was a good idea, I would say NO. It's hard, you give up your life, you don't have as many choices, ect...

At year 5-6 my husband and I were on the verge of divorce. Once we hit rock bottom we were ready to split, we both decided to make a last stich effort. We just had our second child and had alot of stress! For the last two years I decided to take care of me, meditate on the word love and work hard on my communication skills and change my behavior. My husband saw that I was changing and it became contagious. We not only love each other, we value and respect each other. My husband and I now laugh that we had to go through hell to get to "heaven". We really have a beautiful relationship now, that has it's up's and down's (reality check), but it's just a wonderful place when you are totally satisfied with your partner and can get the "new love" feelings from an old love....very satisfying indeed.

It really doesn't have to be as hard as people make it.

Old 05-31-2007, 07:33 PM

1,261 posts, read 6,088,105 times
I think you need to divide the "married" group into two categories: Happily married and unhappily married. Then I would say that happiness might be in the following order: happily married, single and unhappily married. I have several acquaintances who are in the last group and they seem to be worse off than when they were single.

Old 05-31-2007, 07:55 PM

1,501 posts, read 5,667,278 times
Have been just as happy both. But have to say this, and that Marrieds must be happier:
Married people have always been happier, and muuuuch more pleasant to get along with in my work place experiences over 25 years - most of which, I've been single myself.
My single contemporaries have generally been more irritated, and more critical, compared to the married/long attatched ones. I have been guessing that perhaps it's because they don't have to "compete" anymore and are just more secure altogether??? But some have been in tough marriages, too, and didn't take it out on others.
Has been consistent with all ages, too (20s to 60s). And, as a woman, other single women have been the toughest challenges with their bad moods and nastiness, no matter their age...

Old 05-31-2007, 08:04 PM

2,218 posts, read 5,381,806 times
I'm never happy... Well... I am when I complain... But I like to complain...

Yeah so.. I'm never happy. I complain about being single. If I was married I'd probably complain about that as well.

Old 05-31-2007, 08:34 PM

78 posts, read 191,241 times
I REALLY enjoy being single, but I wouldn't mind getting married

Old 05-31-2007, 08:43 PM

15,639 posts, read 40,919,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronzou View Post
I'm never happy... Well... I am when I complain... But I like to complain...

Yeah so.. I'm never happy. I complain about being single. If I was married I'd probably complain about that as well.
Ronz, if you get married or even think about getting married, I am gonna personally come to wherever you are and beat some sense into you!!!

Old 05-31-2007, 08:50 PM

2,218 posts, read 5,381,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Ronz, if you get married or even think about getting married, I am gonna personally come to wherever you are and beat some sense into you!!!
Well by that time I HOPE to be in CA!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships