Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 06:22 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,298,818 times

Advertisements

I have to admit, I think I do this subconsciously. In fact, I think everyone does to a certain degree. People like to know a person's boundaries, and I think we do this subconsciously by testing them. What makes them angry? What is too taboo for them? What are their morals?

Women do this to men, but men do this to women as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2010, 06:27 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,251,461 times
I did it before due to some bad advice from a friend. Lucky she understood and forgave me for it. Now for the friend, he is getting a fart in my truck someday for that stunt!LMAO................

Old 02-25-2010, 06:55 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,328,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
That is a good way to lose a friend.
Yeah I totally agree. Why play games?

Old 02-25-2010, 07:07 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,251,461 times
A true friend will burn his eyes and nose and still stay in the truck! Heck, he might even join in????? LMAO...........

Old 02-25-2010, 07:50 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,383,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
Lately, most couples are testing their partners by intentionally pissing them off to see how they fare under stressful situations. I find this concept ridiculous because if you know something bothers your mate, why would you intentionally try them? To see how they react? You're a fool for that, and not in a good way. Have any of you done/Do any of you do it?
People are fools for testing each other like that. There is no bigger test then the life itself.

Old 02-25-2010, 07:55 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,307,736 times
Quote:
Lately, most couples are testing their partners by intentionally pissing them off to see how they fare under stressful situations. I find this concept ridiculous because if you know something bothers your mate, why would you intentionally try them? To see how they react? You're a fool for that, and not in a good way. Have any of you done/Do any of you do it?
^^^^Last person I "tested" in a relationship, failed so miserably it was pitiful.:rolleyes :

It wasn't the kind of testing you've just described above .

Old 02-25-2010, 09:20 PM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:

Where do you get that from? Was there a study?

I don't know anyone that does this. Sounds like some a teenage thing to me.

Old 02-25-2010, 11:18 PM

1,570 posts, read 5,987,379 times
"most" couples?? I don't know about that. Life gives us enough tests, we need not mfg. them.
The best way to know how someone will behave is to ask them how they did behave in their past. That said, we must remember we are not the same person we may have been 20 years (or so)ago.
For myself, I'm comfortable telling my lover about my past mistakes and making it clear that I would not do the same thing today. (i.e. I sould have married a man I loved. I was young, got scared - didn't marry him. It was a mistake. Today, I'd do it differently. Well, that's life.)

Old 02-25-2010, 11:20 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
sheer animal behavior, happens alot. shoot for a human, they are much more likeable.

Old 02-27-2010, 07:44 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,107,360 times
It thin testing your mate is foolish and immature. However, I just had a chat with my Grand son and I told him to do some little thing that would irritate his girl friend to see how she would react. He is dating a girl that tries to control everything he does, and while it is none of my business, I hate to see him get hooked up with someone who controls his life. His father made that mistake and I made that mistake. I went through a divorce after twenty years because I got tired of being told everything to do. My son (grand sons father) is going through this same thing now, and it is just a matter of time until the youngest child is out of highschool (2.5 years) and he walks. Everyone has to learn the hard way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships