Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 02:12 AM

146 posts, read 370,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
So I'm curious, if you approach guys routinely (as in more than ONCE! ) what kind of reaction do you usually get?
Each to their own..

The reaction i get from guys is mostly positive if i make the first move on them. They are always are polite and talk back even if not interested, and i have got a few guys numbers from approaching first on few different occasions in the past. But then the next morning when wake up from my hang over i get text messages from people i can't remember meeting i think to myself F^#%!

If it even progresses, from experience, the get to know each other period (dating if your American) didn't seem to last long and the main focus from the man was always only sex related. From this personal observation i have made a personal choice to not make the move on a guy or approach a guy first anymore. I have found that although men do respond well to confidence, they may lack trust in you cause they think if you were to eager to meet him you may behave the same way to other men, perhaps when he is not around. So ultimitly, you may loose the trust from the man very early on.

Now ill only show my confidence once i get the invitation to do so from a man who is interested in me.

First impressions last so in the first encounter, less is more.

I suppose what im trying to say is that the women approaching man thing works but generally this approach is successful in short term/casual relationships.

Doesn't work for me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2010, 03:20 AM

1,823 posts, read 1,877,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Well, that was in response to a guy who would not leave me alone and kept grabbing me and getting up in my face. Don't do that.
Gulp ! ... lol .. picture this u holding the guy by his underwear and he trying to escape your wrath !! lolz .. yelp yelp ! hehehehee

Old 02-27-2010, 04:43 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,078,397 times
I don't have a problem approaching guys, I'll just smile, say hi, ask what their name is and put my hand up to shake their hand. Some guys will tell me their name or I've had guys just turn away or walk away (rude). And then I've had guys who I never approached follow me around like a puppy all night. I've run the gamut in both directions. The rude ones don't discourage me. I view them as a dodged bullet.

Old 02-27-2010, 06:53 AM

1,089 posts, read 2,393,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda_1988 View Post
If it even progresses, from experience, the get to know each other period (dating if your American) didn't seem to last long and the main focus from the man was always only sex related.
Isn't that pretty much typical of guys whether you approach them or they approach you?

Old 02-27-2010, 07:08 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,537,102 times
Optiflex:
What's wrong with not being "perceptive"? If a person can't be direct, then why bother?

Old 02-27-2010, 07:37 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,098,228 times
Yes, much respect to women who see what they want and go after it. It takes some of the work off us fellas from having to put ourselves out there all the time. If a woman was checkin' for me, I'd respect her for approaching me first because that tells me she's confident enough to snatch me up.

Old 02-27-2010, 11:22 AM

2,115 posts, read 5,019,813 times
I approach guys, but then again, I also approach and start conversations with strangers in general, regardless of gender.

I've never been rebuffed, but I'm fairly friendly and don't look too creepy.

I'm not big on guys who insist on women always making the first move. It just strikes me as an easy way to avoid rejection. I'll have a great conversation with you, flirt with you, etc. but I am not going to ask you out to dinner. If you're interested and I have been clearly showing signs of interest in you, then ante up and ask me out. Most guys I know don't seem to have a problem doing so. And sure, you can say that a guy may just be painfully shy, but how am I supposed to read his brain and figure out that he really wants to ask me out, but is scared to do so?

Old 02-27-2010, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda_1988 View Post
Each to their own..

The reaction i get from guys is mostly positive if i make the first move on them. They are always are polite and talk back even if not interested, and i have got a few guys numbers from approaching first on few different occasions in the past. But then the next morning when wake up from my hang over i get text messages from people i can't remember meeting i think to myself F^#%!

If it even progresses, from experience, the get to know each other period (dating if your American) didn't seem to last long and the main focus from the man was always only sex related. From this personal observation i have made a personal choice to not make the move on a guy or approach a guy first anymore. I have found that although men do respond well to confidence, they may lack trust in you cause they think if you were to eager to meet him you may behave the same way to other men, perhaps when he is not around. So ultimitly, you may loose the trust from the man very early on.

Now ill only show my confidence once i get the invitation to do so from a man who is interested in me.

First impressions last so in the first encounter, less is more.

I suppose what im trying to say is that the women approaching man thing works but generally this approach is successful in short term/casual relationships.

Doesn't work for me!
Hmm. I'd have made the assumption that you picked me out over other guys for some reason--and wouldn't "worry" about the fact that you approached me. Of course, I don't let it progress to sex very quickly, as I require some time to get to know and trust the person--a few weeks, at least.

Old 02-27-2010, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
I approach guys, but then again, I also approach and start conversations with strangers in general, regardless of gender.

I've never been rebuffed, but I'm fairly friendly and don't look too creepy.

I'm not big on guys who insist on women always making the first move. It just strikes me as an easy way to avoid rejection. I'll have a great conversation with you, flirt with you, etc. but I am not going to ask you out to dinner. If you're interested and I have been clearly showing signs of interest in you, then ante up and ask me out. Most guys I know don't seem to have a problem doing so. And sure, you can say that a guy may just be painfully shy, but how am I supposed to read his brain and figure out that he really wants to ask me out, but is scared to do so?
There's a show called "Demons" on BBC America. The "younger" female lead is very much into the male lead--but he's completely oblivious to her interest. It's made obvious to the audience, but he's looking at--well, pretty much everyone else.

I guess the moral of this is--men are clueless.

Old 02-27-2010, 11:46 AM

1,089 posts, read 2,393,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
I'll have a great conversation with you, flirt with you, etc. but I am not going to ask you out to dinner. If you're interested and I have been clearly showing signs of interest in you, then ante up and ask me out.
Would you like to go out with me, mango?

Seriously, that's all I ask. If a girl shows interest and maybe does a little flirting I will ask her out if I'm the slightest bit interested. In my case pursuit begets pursuit. If a girl makes it obvious she's interested in me and I feel the same way I'll reciprocate.

But if a girl plays hard to get or puts up a bunch of obstacles to make a guy prove how much he wants her or some crap like that, I'll just move on to someone else. I don't know who these guys are who like to chase after someone who forces him to do a song and dance, but I suspect those are the same guys who once catching their 'prize' wonder why she's a psychotic mess!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships