U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 10:22 AM

3,191 posts, read 2,324,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
I disagree. There are many men who have no intention of committing to ANYONE. They play the game to get what they want and when she gets tired of it, he simply moves on to someone else.
Now that I think about it also. So if women know that men do not want to commit, why date them then? Women are not stupid. They know when the guy is a womanizer and yet they are still stubborn that they can change them. Women are told by all those around them he is the 'bad boy' type and sadly that is the type of guy that women gravitate too.

Also, I see so many women that keep complaining what bad luck they have with men. MMMM!? Why not stop and think they keep looking at the wrong places and types of men? It is not a matter of luck. It is a matter of using your head, not your, well, I will leave it at that. They are no different than men when women accused them of only looking for sex. Women do look for sex also just as men. They simply like to disguise it with sentimental things. It is how women have developed through the years in cultures like ours since they cannot be the initiators in starting relationships. It is changing now though.

You have a great day.
El Amigo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2010, 12:17 PM

8,681 posts, read 7,792,189 times
Quote:
Oh, I agree with you. I think there are (or should be) lots of options. But it seems that "commitment" means engagement and traditional marriage to the majority.
Heh, then I think the majority is overrating paper. Been there, done that, paid the attorney, nuh-uh.

And according to the majority's definition, I guess I won't "commit" again, then, so it looks like there are women who feel that way, too.

Thank goodness the majority can't speak for everyone in matters of the heart.

Old 02-27-2010, 12:24 PM

25,203 posts, read 19,048,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
Heh, then I think the majority is overrating paper. Been there, done that, paid the attorney, nuh-uh. And according to the majority's definition, I guess I won't "commit" again, then, so I guess it's not just men who feel that way.
I've been with my SO for a million yrs now and we're not married, at least not officially.

We don't have any children, so I just don't see the need to get married neither does she for that matter, in fact she' more anti-marriage than I am. I'm a little concerned about how it might work out with social security money issues. Heck, it probably won't be around when we're old enough to draw on it anyway.

Old 02-27-2010, 12:33 PM

18,750 posts, read 17,508,538 times
Once a guy reaches 45-50, has had a family and done all the family stuff why would he seriously commit again if he found himself single ?

As we guys get older there is a real shortage of good men who still look decent and maintain a healthy lifestyle. They can have all the companionship and sex they need or desire without the hassles of being tied to one woman.

I'm sure there are many men who need a full time live in lady but there are many independent, well off income wise confident men who like the ability to live a single care free life and still have their selection of partners.

Old 02-27-2010, 12:37 PM

2,116 posts, read 3,009,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi Morphous01,

That is double speak.
Nice 1984 reference.

Old 02-27-2010, 05:03 PM

3,441 posts, read 5,043,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
Nice 1984 reference.
lol, I'm watching that move(got to find time to finish the rest)... The book is much better however...

Old 02-27-2010, 07:16 PM

4,100 posts, read 3,208,121 times
I wouldn't commit until I felt I really knew the lady. Some women will 'go along' with anything you say until you bite and they set the hook. I dated one lady that was alot of fun and terrific in the sack, but I always felt she was just biding her time. Turned out she was jealious and exagerated things to the point of telling lies. It took me five years to see the real person. Beauty is only skin deep, you're either a good person, or you are a ***** at heart. My first wife was the latter.

Old 02-27-2010, 07:53 PM

8,063 posts, read 11,616,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I've been with my SO for a million yrs now and we're not married, at least not officially.

We don't have any children, so I just don't see the need to get married neither does she for that matter, in fact she' more anti-marriage than I am. I'm a little concerned about how it might work out with social security money issues. Heck, it probably won't be around when we're old enough to draw on it anyway.
Yeah, when it comes to Social Security and pensions, you'll need to make it official. I have friends in England who've lived together for a very long time but when he went to retire, they had to make it "legal" so she could receive benefits. It's the same here.

But maybe they'll change that in time. I should hope so. Why should people be forced into being "licensed" just to get what they're due anyway?

Old 02-27-2010, 08:08 PM

8,063 posts, read 11,616,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Once a guy reaches 45-50, has had a family and done all the family stuff why would he seriously commit again if he found himself single ?

As we guys get older there is a real shortage of good men who still look decent and maintain a healthy lifestyle. They can have all the companionship and sex they need or desire without the hassles of being tied to one woman.

I'm sure there are many men who need a full time live in lady but there are many independent, well off income wise confident men who like the ability to live a single care free life and still have their selection of partners.
Indeed, and why should women seriously commit, either? I certainly don't want to be a housewife or have any more kids, and I'm not insecure so I don't need a legal agreement to tie someone to me.

I merely want a relationship for companionship and intimacy -- I value my independence. And I enjoy men -- I like their company, outlook, and personalities. The only way I'd even consider marriage is if I met someone super-special whom I came to love enormously and it was vitally important to him, for some reason. But I'd still try to talk him out of it, LOL.

Old 02-27-2010, 08:17 PM

7,373 posts, read 7,415,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post

Quote:
Indeed, and why should women seriously commit, either? I certainly don't want to be a housewife or have any more kids, and I'm not insecure so I don't need a legal agreement to tie someone to me.

I merely want a relationship for companionship and intimacy -- I value my independence. And I enjoy men -- I like their company, outlook, and personalities. The only way I'd even consider marriage is if I met someone super-special whom I came to love enormously and it was vitally important to him, for some reason. But I'd still try to talk him out of it, LOL.
Commitment isn't a death sentence, and it doesn't have to be related to marriage. It doesn't even need a big speech announcing it. It just means you met someone, fell in love with them, and decide you want to be with them over all others. And that this is relationship is going to be a part of your life for the foreseeable future.

That's all it is. The rest is just bells & whistles, or bs, depending on who's doing the talking.

Most people like to be loved, and they like to give love too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships