Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2019, 11:37 AM

24 posts, read 19,431 times

Advertisements

Hey guys long story short. I was very tight with a group of coworkers. My new girlfriend (fairly new to the shift-met her at the job 3 months ago) doesn’t know anyone that well. We have sort of a tight knit group of friends on the shift. One of them planned a cottage trip this weekend, that I was invited to.. my girlfriend was NOT invited, i invited her myself. I had a fight with one of the guys going, because he’s texting my girlfriend saying messed up things about me.. that I’m a player, that I’m crazy. This guy was my best friend so I was shocked to find out. I confronted him and we had to be separated, I was ready to punch his face in. Now, I’m UNinvited from the cottage to “avoid tension”.

My girlfriend still wants to go.. I can’t help but feel betrayed about this? She didn’t defend me when he was talking sh*t about me. and she doesn’t even know these people. I told her how upset I was and we had an argument about it. When everything blew over, I felt controlling and kind of ****ty, so I told her I want her to have fun and I don’t wanna be that guy.. she considered my opinion for a sec, but she is still going? Am I overreacting?

What’s most upsetting is I know how toxic this guy is. While I don’t think he’ll make a pass at her, I’m not comfortable with my gf hanging around him. Even though 12 people are going, it’s an overnight thing. Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2019, 11:55 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,086,259 times
I think he’s going to make a pass at her and he’s interested in her so that’s why he was texting her crappy messages about you. It also seems odd that she still wants to go even though she doesn’t know any of these people. Seems she is intrigued with this other guy and wants to get to know him, otherwise in view of the incident that just occurred surrounding this trip of which you are now uninvited, why would she want to continue to go. I’d be upset and it’s not very nice of her. Unfortunately you can’t control her and come off as a creep, so it’s kind of a no win situation. I don’t know what the future holds for this relationship with her which is itself rather new.

Old 08-15-2019, 11:59 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,280,259 times
Based on your story, quite odd and disconcerting that she still wants to go to this party. Personally I would of asked her why she wanted to go after what happened, and if I wasn't satisfied with the answer I'd just tell her guess we weren't meant to be and I'd move on.

Old 08-15-2019, 12:06 PM

2,066 posts, read 900,136 times
She'll come back from her weekend jaunt with a new boyfriend, and you'll be the odd man out at future social engagements, at the water cooler, etc.

Don't date women at work, my friend. Just … don't.

Old 08-15-2019, 12:34 PM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,326,350 times
As Sam said the lesson here is don't date at work. Sounds like she did you a favor anyway if she's up to going still. Cut your losses and consider it a learning experience.

Old 08-15-2019, 01:49 PM

1,505 posts, read 1,809,602 times
It appears that she doesn't like you as much as you like her. I don't understand why she would want to go without you when she wasn't invited by anyone else in the group. One other comment; a man controls his temper and never over reacts to put himself in a position to be separated to avoid a bigger confrontation.

Old 08-15-2019, 02:15 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,943,603 times
I think more was said about you than you know.

He is going for her and that’s why she is going and you are not.

Old 08-15-2019, 02:51 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
He is going for her and that’s why she is going and you are not.
Yeah, she sounds like an opportunist, OP, and she sees this weekend as an opportunity.

You aren't overreacting. But at least now you know the friend group isn't as tight as you thought.

Old 08-15-2019, 05:12 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,334,693 times
I think she's now, in her mind, your ex-GF or soon will be your ex-GF.

Old 08-15-2019, 05:32 PM

8,452 posts, read 4,747,353 times
Break up with her before the trip so she can sleep with this guy guilt free. Do your part to help save her soul. Then look for a new job, because you're going to be the odd man out from now on. At the new job, don't date anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships