U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 03:52 PM

20,885 posts, read 18,466,260 times
That is just wackadoo, lady. Your silence must be infuriating him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2010, 03:54 PM

8,038 posts, read 8,941,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
That is just wackadoo, lady. Your silence must be infuriating him.
Ya think, this is his last contribution to my inbox:

"I hope you never find anyone good and when you do find I hope that man screws you up really good and not in your p****. I was being nice and you behave like this. You are hereby CURSED and you will see that in the near future."

I'm cursed. Does he think this is NEWS? LOL. Get in line, Alice.

Old 03-02-2010, 03:56 PM

5,612 posts, read 9,464,197 times
Oh you do have a good one, don't you?

I think he's on mission impossible trying to fill up your email box. Maybe he'll see something shiny and get distracted.

Old 03-02-2010, 04:11 PM

8,681 posts, read 7,456,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
Done. However, this isn't always enough. Ignoring them, as he is proving now, can escalate the situation. I'll just let him spew on and see how far he takes it. Going to the police will surely provide the identification he needs to take it further, so ignoring him (and writing about it here) is all I can do until there is an actual physical threat.
Yep. And not for nothing, but a police presence doesn't necessarily stop these guys. The last time it happened to me, Mr. Adversarial knew I had connections to several different law enforcement personnel--including dating one--and that didn't intimidate him in the least. After all, he just wanted to be friiiii-eeeeeends.

Bonus is that he had my phone number. There's nothing like 17 text messages and 12 voicemails in the space of 6 hours, in addition to e-mails from three different accounts, to start your day off right.

Last edited by Yzette; 03-02-2010 at 04:14 PM.. Reason: I can haz grammar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
Oh you do have a good one, don't you?

I think he's on mission impossible trying to fill up your email box. Maybe he'll see something shiny and get distracted.
Ooooh, bling-bling and stuff. LOL.

3,258 posts, read 5,676,092 times
Personally, by the third email I would have blocked him. He showed signs pretty early that he's a little "off" and no matter what you've said he tries to twist it. I've barely been on a month and had several weirdos. Recently one that wouldn' even give a first name, only initials. And, he seemed VERY eager to meet with me, like he's almost desperate to hurry up and get in to a relationship with anyone that will have him. I finally just told him I'd decided to pursue something with someone else, wished him well, and immediately BLOCKED him.

Old 03-02-2010, 04:13 PM

11,996 posts, read 12,128,831 times
Agree PTC, you don't want to block his emails, you have know way of knowing if he's OCD or something much worse or how much information he could have obtained about you. Progressively getting aggressive, not a good sign. Hopefully though, he loses interest.

Old 03-02-2010, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
Yep. And not for nothing, but a police presence doesn't necessarily stop these guys. The last time it happened to me, Mr. Adversarial knew I had connections to several different law enforcement personnel--including dating one--and that didn't intimidate him in the least. After all, he just wanted to be fiiiii-eeeeeends.

Bonus is that he had my phone number. There's nothing like 17 text messages and 12 voicemails in the space of 6 hours, in addition to e-mails from three different accounts to start your day off right.
So true. When I had my life altering experience, there was so much in his favor because he did some of what he did online. Even if they could trace it back to his home, they couldn't prove it was him behind the computer. And all the other things he did were done in ways that *I* knew it was him, but no one else could say one way or another. Long story, but you're right, there is so little help out there. Add to that the ignorance of the general public. "Just ignore him and he'll go away" or "He's just being persistent, that's not such a bad thing."

Old 03-02-2010, 04:19 PM

10,447 posts, read 7,158,137 times
I certainly hope he doesn't have a way to find out you are here on CD. You're still giving him attention by posting this thread. I believe you have a background with abuse/abuse victims, right? You should know it's a no-no to attend to negative behavior like his. Good luck.

Old 03-02-2010, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadreamer View Post
Personally, by the third email I would have blocked him. He showed signs pretty early that he's a little "off" and no matter what you've said he tries to twist it. I've barely been on a month and had several weirdos. Recently one that wouldn' even give a first name, only initials. And, he seemed VERY eager to meet with me, like he's almost desperate to hurry up and get in to a relationship with anyone that will have him. I finally just told him I'd decided to pursue something with someone else, wished him well, and immediately BLOCKED him.
I'm with Virgode in that every email he sends is evidence, and it also helps me to gauge how off the deep end he is going. But you are right, I "entertained" him longer than I should have. And those guys who want to hook up yesterday are not the kind you want to deal with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships