Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 11:27 AM

184 posts, read 231,514 times

Advertisements

They both have their disadvantages and advantages, but being single will actually free you of a major headache. One headache being an accidential pregnancy and she won't abort!

I'd run as fast as possible. She tracks me down, shes a goner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2010, 11:48 AM

600 posts, read 1,608,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Nah, I'm totally at the other end of the deadbeat parent spectrum. I have been with my kids every day since birth, and I told my sons I would never leave them under any circumstance. My wife wants me to leave and try to find work in another place, and I refuse. I ask why she would rather have some stranger look after the kids instead of their own father. We can divorce, sure, but I will not leave them.
Your sons are lucky to have you. Your wife is a fool.
I wish you good luck - this world needs more men like you

Old 03-25-2010, 01:09 PM

65 posts, read 175,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetheart1311 View Post
I think it's so sad when I hear people say that. I can't believe THAT's the only disadvantage for divorced men. Not that they won't be able to have the kid around all the time, or see him/her grow up. But paying child support. THAT's the disadvantage of getting a divorce. I guess it just hits home for me. When my father left our family, the money he was paying my Mom for me (which we literally had to fight for) seemed to be the only thing he was missing.
Absolutely. It's as if kids are just something men have to endure while the marriage lasts and after divorce they are nothing more than a paycheck, a financial burden and a damn pain in the ass for that.

As if there are no emotions involved

Old 03-26-2010, 10:18 AM

614 posts, read 1,375,575 times
I always thought kids were a pain in the ass.. I have a lot of friends that have kids they love me too! so when I come over they want to play thats very cool. I love how happy they are to see me, I also love being able to give them back to their parents at the end. HAHAHAA. It's like using your friends car thats fun to drive to too expensive to have you use it and give it back and still get to enjoy it. lol

Old 03-26-2010, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjd72 View Post
I always thought kids were a pain in the ass.. I have a lot of friends that have kids they love me too! so when I come over they want to play thats very cool. I love how happy they are to see me, I also love being able to give them back to their parents at the end. HAHAHAA. It's like using your friends car thats fun to drive to too expensive to have you use it and give it back and still get to enjoy it. lol
I know a set of people who like children but don't want to have their own. But we are talking about fathers who say the only disadvantage of divorce is having to pay child support. What about not being with them? What about love? What kind of father gets mad for having to pay child support but thinks it's fine if he's not with the kids for months?

Old 03-26-2010, 11:15 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,178,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterprise View Post
They both have their disadvantages and advantages, but being single will actually free you of a major headache. One headache being an accidential pregnancy and she won't abort!

I'd run as fast as possible. She tracks me down, shes a goner.

Well, aren't you just a real piece of work! A real man who can take responsibility for his own actions. Keep the mouse in the house if you don't want to take responsibilty for the consequences of unforced actions.

Old 03-26-2010, 12:48 PM

That attitude is simply disgusting

Old 03-27-2010, 12:25 PM

31 posts, read 99,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjd72 View Post
I agree! It's a good thing too, I'll be at the Jersey Shore with no worries of a GF on my @ss.

Remeber you don't bring sand to the beach!

exactly!

just don't go to seaside lol

Don't get me wrong, its not about sleeping around, I am in my mid 40's so those days are long gone. I just enjoy getting up and going when I want where i want I only worry about me.

I think marriage is great too, it just is not for me.

Old 03-29-2010, 10:08 AM

Definetly not me either, no kids no wife I'm a happy camper. I feel bad for the kids of the future seeing is how it's getting dimmer and dimmer. But people WANT to have kids their actions will cause people to suffer things I would never want my kids to... and thats why I say NO to kids.

Old 05-13-2010, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGIRL910 View Post
exactly!

just don't go to seaside lol

Don't get me wrong, its not about sleeping around, I am in my mid 40's so those days are long gone. I just enjoy getting up and going when I want where i want I only worry about me.

I think marriage is great too, it just is not for me.

Do you know anyone in their mid 30's that has the same ideas as you do on this subject?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships