Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 07:04 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,723,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Take a pic of her...and get freaky at night. Done deal.lol
This. Seriously. It's a dangerous thing to get romantically involved in the workplace. Just go home after work and 'get freaky' a couple of times thinking about her and you should be good to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2010, 04:47 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,382,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
Exactly. Good Luck. Keep us posted.
I may see her tomorrow, but I will chat her with her if I see her.

Going for lunch, well i don't know about that. Somebody may see and I don't want any gossip!

I know I sound too apprehensive, but it's work and I don't want any potentially career damaging gossip to arise (for me or for her, since it's not fair on her either). should anything develop, I think we should meet out of work, and on evenings or weekends.

Old 03-11-2010, 05:34 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,113,639 times
Sounds like a plan.

Old 03-11-2010, 05:42 PM

Plan?

Old 03-11-2010, 05:47 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,113,639 times
Talk to her, feel her out and if she's interested, meet somewhere away from the office.

Old 03-11-2010, 09:33 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,100,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
I have this huge crush on a manager at work. She must be about 40, but is very classy and pretty. I think literally from the first time I saw her i liked her. She always makes small talk when I pass by her, which of course is welcome, but it just intensifies things.

But she is a manager of a department. So, surely this crush is unattainable! I am not new in the organisation, since I have been there about a year. But I am junior, when she is a senior manager, so I cannot hit on her.

Is the solution here just to take a cold shower, or find somebody else to fancy?
Exactly why is she so unattainable? Just because she's a manager? LOL--big deal; it's not like she's a congresswoman or a millionaire socialite or something. She's a worker bee; just like you, but only a couple notches higher on the corporate ladder. Big Deal. Keep your confidence, mate; don't ever think someone is better than you, nor let them intimidate you--especially a woman.
My advice: stay the course: chat her up as much as you can; smile a lot at her; let your eyes rome up and down her body once in awhile when you're talking to her, just don't do it too lasciviously. Always smile. Turn on the charm. Maybe ask her for a coffee. Do this and in a short time you'll pick-up on her signals indicating whether or not she's interested in you, and thus you'll know if you should continue flirting or not. You'll be fine.

Old 03-11-2010, 09:35 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Slap her butt, and say "That was Arnie...you should report him." lmao...I'm kidding!!!

Old 03-12-2010, 02:21 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,427,891 times
It would be so romantic if you transfered for her.

Old 03-12-2010, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
Exactly why is she so unattainable? Just because she's a manager? LOL--big deal; it's not like she's a congresswoman or a millionaire socialite or something. She's a worker bee; just like you, but only a couple notches higher on the corporate ladder. Big Deal. Keep your confidence, mate; don't ever think someone is better than you, nor let them intimidate you--especially a woman.
My advice: stay the course: chat her up as much as you can; smile a lot at her; let your eyes rome up and down her body once in awhile when you're talking to her, just don't do it too lasciviously. Always smile. Turn on the charm. Maybe ask her for a coffee. Do this and in a short time you'll pick-up on her signals indicating whether or not she's interested in you, and thus you'll know if you should continue flirting or not. You'll be fine.
I don't understand.

Old 03-12-2010, 06:00 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,333,578 times
I would try to plan like a little social gathering on a friday. A get together after work and invite her. Then outside work, in a neutral zone rather you start to slowly put on the move on her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships