U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-07-2010, 12:00 PM

5,612 posts, read 9,452,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Ignore the numerical age, ignore the stereotypes, ignore the social wisdom.

Just...have...fun.
What SifuPhil said.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2010, 12:03 PM

1,224 posts, read 1,588,593 times
I feel like 'immature' and 'stupidity or crazy' at 18 can be two completely different things.

At 18 I wasn't acting crazy or stupid - but was probably immature in the sense that I had no life experience. I could interact quite well with adults (probably better than with my peers) but I'll be damned if I would have ever considered a relationship with someone that much older!

Granted there are those that fall into both descriptions I'm sure.

Old 03-07-2010, 12:04 PM

9,703 posts, read 12,026,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post

What I do know is an 18 year old "nut case" does not suddenly become desirable at 30. They get worse as their lack of discretion and stupidity takes its toll.

Now of course if they don't like you, then that is another problem...
You got that right.

Would I in my 30's now turn down an 18 year old? No, not if I found her compelling enough. However I wouldn't seek it out either.

Women 18-21 can be quite nice and easy to talk to. Why? Cause they are simple. However you don't want to age with them through 21-24 as that is when they go berzerk. At that age they are at their heights of powers and it goes to their head along with all their needs and wants.

I don't really worry too much about age difference. Life is very unpredictable. Marrying a younger woman could mean she is a widow earlier in life, but then she could die of something early on or whatever. No one knows. I'd rather just be with someone decent and not worry about it.

Old 03-07-2010, 12:04 PM
FBJ

33,614 posts, read 22,894,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Im also going to say that he should MAKE 100% SURE she is 18 (or whatever the age of consent is where he lives, variable from state to state)

I get hit on a lot by 13-15 year old girls, some of whom are very attractive, and when I find out there age I walk away. A lot of 13-15 year old girls now are developing earlier and earlier, they look like they're in my age group (18-22) It becomes very awkward when I find out they're 14 and they find out I am 20. They still want to go out with me, but I dont want to go out with them, if something went wrong she could say something to her parents and then I could be looking at 10 years in jail by FL law

FL has a closeness in age exemption to the age of consent law (18 in FL) if a minor is 16 or 17 they can legally date somebody who is as old as 24. I guess FL didnt want to make 19 yr olds become sex offenders for being intimate with 16-17 yr olds

I still wont date any girl under 18 as I am 20 now, even if she is at least 16, which makes it legal, there is still that stigma of the age difference attached to it

I remember at 21, spending the entire day with a 14 year old and had no idea she was that young because of her build and height-lol I think at 21 my minimum age requirement was 17.

Old 03-07-2010, 12:13 PM

12,609 posts, read 8,072,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
The maturity exception is the justification men usually use when some sweet young thing peaks their interest. I am not making any judgments. I am simply stating this is what I hear every single time in such a situation. If u can live with... and u like... go for it and let the chips fall...
Hi sun queen,

Of course it is. its a feast of rationalizations. Let me translate. I will typecast with (male) and (female)

1. (Male)She is mature for her age.
She turns me on and I need to duck for social cover.

2. (Female)She is an immature bimbo.
She is younger and prettier than I am.

3. (Male) I really like talking with her.

But I like it better when she shuts up and takes her clothes off.

4. (Female) He is a loser.
I wish I didn't lose him to her.

5 (Male) She is too young for me.
She will dump my balding sagging *ss.

6 (Female) He is too old.
I am too old.

The above is the reality of a competitive market and older women try to up sell against the younger competition, in part, by denigrating it. They also are easier to deal with because they know darn well they are getting out gunned. Older women are making an adjustment and marking down the price. That is what "nice guys" do. I am nice and will stick around forever. What are you doing with that tall, wealthy, good looking, jerk with a sense of humor? This is in some part to compensate for their lack of other desirable commodities. Humans are depraved and the only way to flee from the burning forest is to plow straight ahead through the depravity to cobble together a shred of humanity. It does NOT come naturally.

People are going to get what they can get all things being equal. If people don't like these harsh realities then establish an LTR where you are not a dating commodity. It becomes a concept called love. Of course when selecting a mate, it will do some good to consider that your dating commodity value will vary with time. It helps to look down thee road. However it tends to be moderated in LTRs. If you want the sensual life, and you are a woman, then enjoy it in your youth. If you are a man, then hopefully you are in that minority of men who's dating commodity value remains high. Its a gamble and good luck.

Last edited by gwynedd1; 03-07-2010 at 12:41 PM..

Old 03-07-2010, 12:18 PM

16,557 posts, read 19,180,848 times
OK, I need to be blunt here. Sorry.
You are too old for her, and if you cannot connect with women of your own age, then you are probably defective in some way that younger women do not have the experience to recognize.

Old 03-07-2010, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
You got that right.

Would I in my 30's now turn down an 18 year old? No, not if I found her compelling enough. However I wouldn't seek it out either.

Women 18-21 can be quite nice and easy to talk to. Why? Cause they are simple. However you don't want to age with them through 21-24 as that is when they go berzerk. At that age they are at their heights of powers and it goes to their head along with all their needs and wants.

I don't really worry too much about age difference. Life is very unpredictable. Marrying a younger woman could mean she is a widow earlier in life, but then she could die of something early on or whatever. No one knows. I'd rather just be with someone decent and not worry about it.
Hi wanneroo,

The other thing I do know is 50 year old men, generally, do not have as a reason that an 18 year old is too "immature". The reason is she will usually send him away laughing, take his money , or he will suffer under a brutal social stigma. How many beer drinking sports bar men are a perfect fit for women their age? In my case ,as I said, I did not reject her youth for my sake but rather for hers. There is nothing unattractive about them.

Old 03-07-2010, 12:40 PM

3,029 posts, read 2,054,563 times
More info? What did you converse about for two hours (which could have gone on all night)? What kinds of things did you have in common?

Old 03-07-2010, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
OK, I need to be blunt here. Sorry.
You are too old for her, and if you cannot connect with women of your own age, then you are probably defective in some way that younger women do not have the experience to recognize.

Hi gentlearts,

Nope, sorry. An older man who can attract young women is not defective. Being older is a defect that he can obviously over come.

George Clooney(48) can date model Elisabetta Canalis(31) because he is not defective.

Old 03-07-2010, 01:30 PM

2,756 posts, read 3,163,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
...which is not something I normally do at 32. But you know what? I was pleasantly surprised just how mature she was, how much we had in common, and how easily we conversed. Basically we talked non-stop for 2 hours and were interrupted or we probably could have gone on all day.

Although I'm not interested in this particular girl for anything besides friendship. My recent experiences with her and a 20 year old girl have me rethinking the whole plan to limit my dating to 25+. Apparently girls in their late teens and early twenties aren't all immature and/or crazy
I'm glad you finally discovered the potential merits of broadening your dating horizons so as to include the under-25 hardbodies. Working in a gym, I'm around them all the time, and though I'm over 35 I've dated more than a few; and I can honestly attest that it was they who made the first move. I wouldn't have thought were that many of 'em out there interested in older guys, but man, there are tons of 'em. Maybe it's a Daddy Issue thing, but who cares? The sex can be absolutely scorching, and many of them don't have the hang-ups or the baggage or the femi-Nazi attitudes of some older women. These young girls will rock your world, bro! European men, along with men from most of the rest of the world, have known this for years, and over there it's not unusual to see guys in their mid-40's hookin' up with 19 year-olds. It's not only accepted but expected. America is backwards on puritanical in its moral stance on the whole older guy-younger woman thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships