U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 03-10-2010, 07:48 AM
 
Location: Hawaii
2,058 posts, read 1,763,104 times
Reputation: 1551
A guy will ALWAYS ask you out if he wants to go out with you bad enough.

If he's too shy, he wouldn't even be speaking to you. If he's speaking to you, he's outgoing enough to ask you out. If he hasn't...
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-10-2010, 08:45 AM
 
Location: Hot Springs, AR
5,612 posts, read 9,445,107 times
Reputation: 3608
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutEve View Post
There is a certain someone that I'm interested in, and I thought he was interested in me too, but he has yet to ask me out. Now, I consider myself a patient person, but this guy is driving me crazy! We've been flirting back and forth on FaceBook and I'm about ready to call it a day. Its been about 3-4 months of this back and forth mumbo jumbo and I'm thinking he's just a) very shy b) a big flirt or c) in a relationship. Either way I feel like I'm wasting my time thinking about him.

So, my question is, how long would you wait for someone to ask you out? Or, how long have you waited? And if you're a guy, what is the longest time it took you to work up the nerve to ask a girl on a date?
You've already waited too long. If he hasn't asked by now, he isn't going to.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2010, 02:16 PM
 
Location: lala land
1,581 posts, read 1,987,824 times
Reputation: 1056
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Ok, Ok, I'll go out with you already!!! Geez, just quit the nagging! j/k
Lol, how'd you know it was you ?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2010, 02:20 PM
Ep-
 
2,015 posts, read 2,231,560 times
Reputation: 2272
this dood doesnt want to ask you out
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2010, 02:29 PM
 
Location: lala land
1,581 posts, read 1,987,824 times
Reputation: 1056
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinaJo76 View Post
If it's been going on this long, then it needs to end. He's obviously wasting your time and such. He's most likely in a relationship (most people lie about that every time they get on a dating site or Facebook). I rather not meet anyone online anyway (I did that a few times and just got disappointed every time, like last year was the last time I ever do that). It's not good. People are different online than they are in person. You never know.
I've known him since high school, so he's not someone I just met.


And I've decided to leave the door open (like someone else suggested) but not wait. I want to know that he really likes me, and that he really wants to make the effort to be with me. If I asked him out, I would always doubt if he really liked me or not. I have no problem with being assertive, but I like the guy to do the initial asking.

But I figure I can get to know him better, and if it leads to something more, it does. If not, we can be friends and I'll be dating other people.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2010, 02:51 PM
 
Location: FL
2,392 posts, read 3,249,374 times
Reputation: 1227
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutEve View Post
I've known him since high school, so he's not someone I just met.


And I've decided to leave the door open (like someone else suggested) but not wait. I want to know that he really likes me, and that he really wants to make the effort to be with me. If I asked him out, I would always doubt if he really liked me or not. I have no problem with being assertive, but I like the guy to do the initial asking.

But I figure I can get to know him better, and if it leads to something more, it does. If not, we can be friends and I'll be dating other people.
hehe. No knock on you, but the female mind still confuses me even though I thought I had figured it out.

He may really like you, but he can't read minds and you can't read minds so someone has to ask out the other person. Just b/c he asks you out doesn't mean that he really wants to make an effort with you. It could mean a number of things.

As with most women, you're 10 miles ahead of this gentleman in your thoughts about the relationship. That is ok, but this guy has to be on the same page as you.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2010, 02:51 PM
Ep-
 
2,015 posts, read 2,231,560 times
Reputation: 2272
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutEve View Post
I've known him since high school, so he's not someone I just met.


And I've decided to leave the door open (like someone else suggested) but not wait. I want to know that he really likes me, and that he really wants to make the effort to be with me. If I asked him out, I would always doubt if he really liked me or not. I have no problem with being assertive, but I like the guy to do the initial asking.

But I figure I can get to know him better, and if it leads to something more, it does. If not, we can be friends and I'll be dating other people.
why would he say yes if he didnt like you? im never gonna feel obligated to go out with someone regardless of who they are, how longer ive known them, etc. id just no instead.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2010, 03:08 PM
 
Location: lala land
1,581 posts, read 1,987,824 times
Reputation: 1056
Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
hehe. No knock on you, but the female mind still confuses me even though I thought I had figured it out.

He may really like you, but he can't read minds and you can't read minds so someone has to ask out the other person. Just b/c he asks you out doesn't mean that he really wants to make an effort with you. It could mean a number of things.

As with most women, you're 10 miles ahead of this gentleman in your thoughts about the relationship. That is ok, but this guy has to be on the same page as you.
Where do I begin to explain the female mind hmmmmmm. Its not that I'm already planning our wedding before we've had the first date, its just that I want to be sure that he is actually interested in me. Plus I don't want to come across as too eager or desperate. Yes, fine, maybe I'm making it more complicated than it needs to be, but I just don't to put myself willingly in a position to look like an idiot.

Quote:
EP- why would he say yes if he didnt like you? im never gonna feel obligated to go out with someone regardless of who they are, how longer ive known them, etc. id just no instead.
Some men might say yes if they're bored, or feel lukewarm about the person. Women do it, so I'm sure some men do it as well. Bottom line - I'll be open to it if he does ever ask me out. If not, then he'll remain an FB crush.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-12-2010, 08:26 AM
 
Location: Hawaii
2,058 posts, read 1,763,104 times
Reputation: 1551
Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
hehe. No knock on you, but the female mind still confuses me...As with most women, you're 10 miles ahead of this gentleman in your thoughts about the relationship. That is ok, but this guy has to be on the same page as you.
yeah, women think more about relationships (or potential relationships) than men do but I don't think she's miles ahead of the guy here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutEve View Post
its just that I want to be sure that he is actually interested in me. Plus I don't want to come across as too eager or desperate.
Sounds totally normal to me. Guess it must be because I'm a woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutEve View Post
Some men might say yes if they're bored, or feel lukewarm about the person.
True.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-12-2010, 10:49 AM
 
Location: Fuquay Varina
1,706 posts, read 2,809,298 times
Reputation: 2232
Why don't you just say something that gives him more of a clue especially since he knows you are dating other people??

you to him:

"I'm tired of dating these losers, when are you going to ask me out and change my luck?"

You aren't asking him out, but you are letting him know you would say yes if asked!
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top