Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 07:59 AM

851 posts, read 3,626,599 times

Advertisements

I wouldn't leave her. Why? Since you enjoy your time with her, there's no point of leaving her now; however, you do need to start seeing other women. It's not cheating - she cannot ask you to be committed to her while she's not committed to you. Just being fair.

Another question is if she cuts her tie and wants to marry, do you want to marry her? My answer is No. First of all, there's hardly any good result from marriage, and second of all, you know you would be marrying someone that you cannot trust.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2010, 10:43 AM

8,064 posts, read 18,009,043 times
Woman here, and one who isn't judgmental about affairs...

However, she's got the world by the tail in this situation! There is absolutely no incentive for her to change anything! She's got a husband to provide stability, two children, a home, and YOU to tickle her fancy! And, apparently, this is the way she likes it because she's had lovers before you.

She's undoubtedly pleased with the status quo -- if you're not and you want more, then you need to get out of it because she's not going to jeopardize anything to be with you. Her kids aren't little, her husband can't be all that bad if she's able to meet you regularly and even visit with your mum and family. She may fancy herself as Lady Chatterley but the truth is something else.

Old 03-09-2010, 01:57 PM

13 posts, read 29,047 times
I appreciate all your replies, you all talk a lot of common sense.

But it's like saying to your best mate "Sorry i don't think you'll be my friend in 5 years time so i'm saying now, i don't want to see you anymore, as from tomorrow" !!

She rings me at every opportunity during the day and we can talk for HOURS when we are out together.

I want to believe in the quote "True love never runs smooth"

Never felt like this before

Old 03-09-2010, 04:34 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,655,234 times
I know that you love her and she probably loves you in her own way but to some women the family is always nbr one. The children love her and her husband. Those people are "home" to them. I don't think she will leave him no matter how much she loves you OR how great your relationship is. He is the father of her children. He loves them and he loves her. She still has sex with him which proves all has not died. No matter that she tells you it is so she can see you. It is because she still likes it with him and she is bound to him through her children. You will never be with her because she is not going to break up her family.
Watch The Bridges Of Madison County for a little example.
Sorry but I'm pretty sure it's never going to happen.
My family is nbr 1 too..

Old 03-09-2010, 05:36 PM

"You always want what you can't have"

That's what it is

Trouble is, and please don't take this as a brag, i have always got the women i have gone after in the past !

This woman is a challenge and, i've got to admit, i'm loving it !!!

I would just love to spend lots of time with her 24/7, i just know we would hit it off big style

Old 03-09-2010, 05:50 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,552,263 times
Well..you were warned Lovey! Have at it!

Old 03-09-2010, 06:17 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,672,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by englishbloke View Post
"You always want what you can't have"

That's what it is

Trouble is, and please don't take this as a brag, i have always got the women i have gone after in the past !

This woman is a challenge and, i've got to admit, i'm loving it !!!

I would just love to spend lots of time with her 24/7, i just know we would hit it off big style
If you love the way things are now then just proceed, but if you want a permanent relationship, someone to grow old with, and a happily ever after, then you might want to look elsewhere. I've seen this scenario before and you are going to get hurt in the long run. Sorry, but that's how this lady sees it.

Old 03-11-2010, 11:22 AM

Thanks for all your advice everyone, surprised "no one" really had any support for her in the situation she is in.

Old 03-11-2010, 11:32 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,678,559 times
Paragraphs are your friend.

Old 03-11-2010, 11:38 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,552,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by englishbloke View Post
Thanks for all your advice everyone, surprised "no one" really had any support for her in the situation she is in.
What kind of support do you think we should give her? She is married and has had multiple affairs...she's ruining her family and you're helping her.

I wonder why her husband is jealous and suspicious? He has every right to be!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships