Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 11:27 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,618,410 times

Advertisements

PassTheChocolate wrote:
Quote:
I'm not challenging you, by the way. I am presenting a situation that is a reality for many, many men today. Would you commit yourself to a life wihtout sex when it is such a huge part of a relationship yet not a big enough excuse/reason to cheat or leave under the circumstances I presented?
That's actually a good question and my feeling is that I'd stay with her in that situation if we loved each other. I haven't had sex for so long I honestly can't even remember when the last time was and since I'll be 61 next month I think it's highly likely that I won't have any opportunity for the rest of my life anyway. It's not that I don't want to, I just have a very difficult time attracting women so a relationship where there was at least love and commitment without sex would certainly better than my circumstances are right now where I have nothing. One thing I am is very loyal and trustworthy so love in itself, even if it's not physical, would be something that I would value very much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2010, 11:28 AM

740 posts, read 1,232,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I have no doubt this happens. I can't tell you how many married men, in their introductions online, would tell me about themselves and would include how they were drug and disease free and had a vasectomy so I had no worries. Translation, no need for a condom. They dont even know my name, where I have been, nothing about me. But the fact that they are married somehow makes them immune to disease.

And with how some men equate money to entitlement, I have no doubt that 300, 500, 1000 bucks will make them immune AND clean as well. Like a person's life is worth so little.
I won't even tell you the results of the anal sex part of the study. Apparently clients saw no need to use a condom with a woman if it was anal. Hey, she can't get pregnant...

On your original topic, I think in the situation outlined it would be OK. I know a Emirati (sp?) woman who encouraged her husband to find a second wife after she hit menopause. She had done her duty (produced 5 sons and 1 daughter) and wanted him to look for sex elsewhere. He opted for a Russian mistress instead because he didn't want to have 2 wives.

Old 03-09-2010, 11:28 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,178,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
STD-ville.

Yuck.
How are they any different from other women? The ONLY thing you know is the companion is known for sleeping with other men. The girl you meet while out may be the same but, you'd never know.

Old 03-09-2010, 11:34 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
but I see why people choose to remain so ignorant about std's...because if you actually take the time to find out what all is out there, and how easy std's are to catch and how many people have them, you will put yourself completely out of action for good.
Some of you are taking it WAY TOO far! Yes, there are car crashes every day; yet, we all drive every day! Yes, there are home fires every day; yet, none of us camp on a regular basis. Obsessing about things like this is not particularly "healthy" in my unhealthy book. We might as well just dig a hole 6 feet under and get it over it!

Old 03-09-2010, 11:37 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,377,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Some of you are taking it WAY TOO far! Yes, there are car crashes every day; yet, we all drive every day! Yes, there are home fires every day; yet, none of us camp on a regular basis. Obsessing about things like this is not particularly "healthy" in my unhealthy book. We might as well just dig a hole 6 feet under and get it over it!
I agree. I mean I understand STDs are common, but geez, people need to lighten up. They can get themselves sick worrying about this stuff.

Old 03-09-2010, 11:37 AM

3,424 posts, read 5,972,527 times
Quote:

catch the wrong std and we'll be doing that anyway! gotta be careful

Old 03-09-2010, 11:40 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,377,606 times
Quote:
is there such thing as the right std?

Old 03-09-2010, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
I agree. I mean I understand STDs are common, but geez, people need to lighten up. They can get themselves sick worrying about this stuff.

this is very true...its called "health anxiety" and I began to experience it after researching std's...fortunately its more easily cured than many std's...

Old 03-09-2010, 11:44 AM

Quote:
is there such thing as the right std?

yes, clamydia, gonorreah and a couple of others are all treatable and possibly cureable...but there's a couple of stds that WILL kill you..lol..I think those are the "wrong" one's to catch...

there I go being too literal again

Old 03-09-2010, 11:46 AM

740 posts, read 1,232,810 times
Quote:
Quote:
Most common STDs in the US can be cured with an antibiotic. OK, there is the humiliation factor of having to call all your sexual contacts and alert them to your status (or have the health department do it) , but those can be prevented by our buddy the condom. Herpes is trickier, but without open sores doesn't pass so easily. HPV is the mildest and toughest to prevent. Condoms don't help much, but it is at worst a cervical cancer causing strain (and regular pap smears can catch that before it is a problem) or unsightly if it is a wart causing strain.

Quote:
HIV is still pretty rare in the US and a condom really does work. HepB has a vaccine. HepC can be transmitted through sex, but all research shows that is a 10% or less probability and a condom prevents it as well.

So take-away from the T. Mary sex ed course: use a condom until you know someone well
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships