Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 10:10 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,335,526 times

Advertisements

No, I have never woken up with a complete stranger after a wild night. I have however, woken up next to a long term boyfriend just to look at him and say: "who is this stranger"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2010, 10:11 PM

15,853 posts, read 35,015,864 times
I don't think that alcohol was necessarily a component in this behavior model. I did not drink much and certainly never got so blasted that I did not know what I was doing, or with whom. It was all quite sober and of mutual consent, as I recall.

20yrsinBranson

Old 03-09-2010, 10:29 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,724,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I don't think that alcohol was necessarily a component in this behavior model. I did not drink much and certainly never got so blasted that I did not know what I was doing, or with whom. It was all quite sober and of mutual consent, as I recall.

20yrsinBranson
As I recall, my little incident occured within 50 miles of Branson. It was a one horse town then. Literally.

Old 03-09-2010, 10:49 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,224,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Back in the late 60's and early 70's I was young and played in bands for a living and this was the period in my life when I was the most active sexually. Things were very different in those days which was before the spread of AIDS and people my age tended to be very sexually active and it was perfectly acceptable among everyone I knew at the time. There was an active music and bar scene where I lived and it seemed like every night was a party.
There were a number of times that I would be out partying with my friends and then meet a young woman at the bar and then find myself either headed to my place or hers at the end of the evening. There were also a number of times when I woke up in unfamiliar surroundings the next morning and there would be a woman who I didn't know sleeping beside me. I remember one morning when I was in this situation and we both had to introduce ourselves after we woke up. I didn't have a clue who she was and she also didn't remember me. Today many people would find that kind of lifestyle to be sleazy to say the least but in all honesty those were the best days of my life. I really miss the 60's and have fond memories of those years. Has anyone else woken up with a total stranger?
I haven't but always loved the music!!

YouTube - Somebody To Love/White Rabbit Jefferson Airplane

Old 03-09-2010, 10:53 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,949,277 times
No, I am very picky about my mens.

Even when I was a boozer at a younger age, I knew better.

Old 03-09-2010, 11:17 PM

740 posts, read 1,229,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Yeah, I know. I'm told it was a different world then. I was born in 1973, so I wasn't even old enough for the 80s parties. The 90s ... well, you don't hear many people say, "Remember how fun the 90s were?" We had AIDS and the Internet, so people just stopped going outside.
Yep. We are a relatively conservative bunch compared to our elders and, I think, the younger generation as well. Kind of strange, now that I think about it

Old 03-10-2010, 04:39 AM

1,741 posts, read 4,562,872 times
Nope!

Old 03-10-2010, 05:14 AM

13,032 posts, read 24,558,911 times
Never have , never would. I don't drink alcohol at all and am a total and utter control freak so I can't imagine anything scarier than waking up next to a perfect stranger...

And I prefer to have sex with people I love. Old fashioned and very square I know but that's what I am.

Old 03-10-2010, 06:31 AM

10,364 posts, read 20,724,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
Never have , never would. I don't drink alcohol at all and am a total and utter control freak so I can't imagine anything scarier than waking up next to a perfect stranger...

And I prefer to have sex with people I love. Old fashioned and very square I know but that's what I am.
Actually mooseketeer, I'm with you on that one. Now. I had my wild days but those are well over and I don't remember them quite as fondly as Montanaguy does. The biggest pain in those days was that guys had such a sense of entitlement--I had more than one throw a temper tantrum when I didn't put out on the first date (!) and stopped dating for awhile b/c of it--actually "date" was an optimistic term for it--a guy thought all he had to do was ride around in his car with you or take you to a keg party and you'd be so grateful you'd spread'em. They never felt obligated to spend any money on us. So, fun as it sounds, there were a lot of PO'd women walking around.

Old 03-10-2010, 06:57 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,267,126 times
Not yet, but if I ever do she better be a woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships