Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 07:37 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhoidmary View Post
YAY! Another one. I was beginning to feel like my brother and I were the last Americans under the age of 60 without debt.
Please. No debt here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2010, 04:32 PM

19,609 posts, read 12,206,783 times
It's not ignorance, exactly—these are women who manage big corporate budgets. "Part of it is a sense of entitlement," says Berger. "They work hard and feel they deserve to spend lavishly on trips and clothes.

I know women like this, snobs who look down on the frugal. That is one flaw I find in some older independent women, they can be quite elitist. They may have made money but they spend it on all this self indulgent crap as if they are wealthy when they really are not. I know middle and lower middle class women who do this. It's like they are trying too hard to prove they don't need a man and their woman-power groups are so chic and successful.

There is an entertainer who was saying he dreads the groups of annoying overdressed middle aged women at the shows who come in and take over the place like they own it. LOL.

Old 03-12-2010, 04:56 PM

865 posts, read 2,431,128 times
No debt here either. Not a penny. And looking forward to one day being a single older woman.

Old 03-12-2010, 05:03 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,004,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
Myth #4 Unlike their female counterparts who were born before the women's movement, baby-boomer career women have it made financially.

Reality: Many single women—particularly those under age 60—carry dangerously high levels of debt.

A word of warning for men being pressured to "man up".
Not me. I don't even have a car payment or mortgage. I don't have a big ole house or Lexus but I'm happy with more modest accessories. And I don't feel the need to impress.

Old 03-12-2010, 05:17 PM

19,609 posts, read 12,206,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Not me. I don't even have a car payment or mortgage. I don't have a big ole house or Lexus but I'm happy with more modest accessories. And I don't feel the need to impress.
Well some of the "successful" women I know would just look down on you.

I belong to a women's business group and it's much like high school.

I maybe think it's the princess syndrome, how some women yearn to be lavished with pretty ornamental things. If not from a man, just do it yourself. Sad if they really can't afford it but don't feel sorry for the snooty ones who don't want to be seen with you if you don't have the right designer bag.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships