Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2010, 01:31 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,392,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I think a quiet introverted kid must have stolen Sizzle's lunch money in elementary school. I can't imagine why else he'd have such a hangup about introverts.
I don't dislike Introverts, I just don't like being around Shy people. And you guys are all describing yourselves as Ambiverts anyways. I didn't get the wording wrong, don't blame me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2010, 02:09 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,533,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Didn't you say that introverts can't be as self confident as extroverts? That was the part I didn't agree with.

It seems like some people still think introverts don't like being around people and that if you have a bubbly personality, then you must not be an introvert. But that's not true. Introverts will want to go hang out with their friends just as much as extroverts and if they're at a party, they won't just sit in the corned. The difference is that, after a while, the introvert will be tired and ready to go home whereas the extrovert will still feel like hanging around.
Correct, then I continued by saying they are as confident extroverts in the next sentence. Perhaps I didn't punctuate correctly.

Old 09-10-2010, 02:20 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,533,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
I don't dislike Introverts, I just don't like being around Shy people. And you guys are all describing yourselves as Ambiverts anyways. I didn't get the wording wrong, don't blame me.
He goes to wiki and suddenly becomes a behavioral expert. We're all ambiverts while he tests 100% extrovert.

Old 09-10-2010, 02:41 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,183,605 times
I've always been introverted. Growing up I didn't go to many playdates and didn't do much socializing during high school, although that did change towards the end. By that I mean I didn't do very much socializing outside of school. Although I did have somewhat of a reputation for being quiet, I'd say I was pretty outgoing during school, at least by my standards. But I've never been to a wild party or club.

Now that I'm in college, I'm much more of a loner and generally like being left alone. Although once I transfer to a four year institution, I do hope to make some new friends. Unfortunately professors require class participation as a part of their grade. Not only that, but we also have to do oral presentations, which I really despise. But it is important for me to mention that I do tend to be shy and socially awkward. I'm doing my best to change that...and I think working with the public has sharpened my social skills.

At the end of the day though, even when I've had positive social interactions, I'm mentally exhausted and just want to go home and be alone. I am satisfied with my lifestyle, but I know I will have to make some changes as I go through college, look for work, and start dating.

Old 09-12-2010, 01:36 AM

124 posts, read 173,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisan View Post
I have several questions for introverts.

How long have you known that you were one?

Where do you draw the line between being an introvert and just being boring?

So, when it comes to moving away from close friends and family, do you find it more difficult to make new close friends?
Most of my life I have known. I am definitely not boring because apparently when I am comfortable enough to talk to people I am very entertaining or engaging. When I speak you either are made to laugh or are made to think. If you don't talk at all or really have nothing interesting to say due to a lack of experience and outside interests then you're just boring. If you can't talk to anyone, even people you know well and have known for awhile then yes you are boring. Close friends? I've not had much trouble with that. I generally only have close friends, not many acquaintances. What's really hard for me is girls.

Old 09-12-2010, 03:39 AM

662 posts, read 1,640,985 times
I turn into an extrovert when I have a few drinks.. I'm sure some of my friends think I have a split personality! I tend to make promises and plans that I don't want to keep later when sober. I make myself do them anyway as punishment, lol.. I should try to find some reading material on controlling your inner extrovert

Old 09-12-2010, 03:58 AM

662 posts, read 1,640,985 times
Personally, I'm rarely bored and have never met a boring person; I can find something interesting about anybody - I consider it a skill. Sometimes you have to scratch the surface and dig a little. It's like playing detective.

Old 09-12-2010, 04:08 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,578,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KongAtTheGates View Post
Most of my life I have known. I am definitely not boring because apparently when I am comfortable enough to talk to people I am very entertaining or engaging. When I speak you either are made to laugh or are made to think. If you don't talk at all or really have nothing interesting to say due to a lack of experience and outside interests then you're just boring. If you can't talk to anyone, even people you know well and have known for awhile then yes you are boring. Close friends? I've not had much trouble with that. I generally only have close friends, not many acquaintances. What's really hard for me is girls.
You're not boring. You're just not that interested in other people. Nothing wrong with that.

Old 09-12-2010, 04:17 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,668,191 times
I wonder... is it possible for an introvert to become an extrovert and vice versa?

Old 09-13-2010, 02:39 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,616,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
See this is yet another straw man. You make a claim that I don't have self esteem, to try and refute the fact you have no Jungian Philosophy knowledge.

I thought we were friends. I wanted to make you aware of your errors so you don't like foolish.
Friends? LOL. The only one who looks foolish is you since you clearly don't know the difference between an introvert and someone who's shy.

I make the claim that you have low self-esteem based on the fact that you repeatedly belittle introverts while pointing out that you're an extrovert. The implication is that you think you're superior. That further implies that you have low self-esteem. A person with high self-esteem wouldn't need to belittle the people who are different than him in order to show why he's better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships