Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 02:22 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,614,873 times

Advertisements

Llewelyn wrote:
Quote:
Is there something so wrong with white and black people becoming friends or is there another reason you posted that? Perhaps only you perceive that your being a good Samaritan by befriending another race, otherwise I don't know why you'd point that out. I wouldn't consider it significant if I were talking about friends I had made of the opposite gender. The fact that you needed to point it out says so much about how you view other men (not to mention your bloated ego). I bet you consider yourself the most sincere guy in the world. I'd believe it too if it weren't for your constant male bashing. Right now I'd be inclined to think that you just wanna score with la chicas.
Nope, wrong on all counts except of course I want to score with the chicks but I'm not pretending to be someone other than myself just to do so.
The reason I posted the fact that my friend and I were of different races was merely to point out how different we are from each other physically, especially in height. I also have women friends who are far too young for it to ever turn into a relationship but we have things in common and just became friends. Usually this has happened at work because if you're around someone for forty hours a week you can easily form friendships (unless you're antisocial). I think it would really suck not to have both men and women friends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2010, 04:55 PM

2,170 posts, read 3,304,396 times
Unless you work with them or know them from the school age years, theres really no use developing a friendship with a woman, sorry. If she's cute enough, eventually you'll wanna hit it even if that wasnt the original intentions.

Old 03-12-2010, 05:14 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,614,873 times
jacktravern wrote:
Quote:
Unless you work with them or know them from the school age years, theres really no use developing a friendship with a woman, sorry. If she's cute enough, eventually you'll wanna hit it even if that wasnt the original intentions.
That sounds incredibly juvenile and you're excluding half of the human race as being potential friends based only on their gender. I'd say roughly half of my friends are women and half are men although I didn't really sit down and write up a list. I've had women friends who are much older and much younger during my life and none of those friendships were based on physical appearance, marital status or anything else that would be a consideration in a relationship as opposed to a friendship. When you say something like "eventually you'll wanna hit it" you sound like you have the intellect of a beer commercial. It's really nothing different than my friendships with guys, if I have something in common with them and they're either fun to be with, they're someone I can talk to about things we have in common, etc. then why can't a friendship with a woman be the same way? If I was one of your parents I'd ground you for being so stupid.

Old 03-12-2010, 05:47 PM

924 posts, read 1,642,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
jacktravern wrote:

That sounds incredibly juvenile and you're excluding half of the human race as being potential friends based only on their gender. I'd say roughly half of my friends are women and half are men although I didn't really sit down and write up a list. I've had women friends who are much older and much younger during my life and none of those friendships were based on physical appearance, marital status or anything else that would be a consideration in a relationship as opposed to a friendship. When you say something like "eventually you'll wanna hit it" you sound like you have the intellect of a beer commercial. It's really nothing different than my friendships with guys, if I have something in common with them and they're either fun to be with, they're someone I can talk to about things we have in common, etc. then why can't a friendship with a woman be the same way? If I was one of your parents I'd ground you for being so stupid.
His opinion, his principles, and his morals are no more right than yours are dude. If that's how he thinks unintentionally when making friends with girls, then it probably IS a good thing he's not making friends with girls. It's not all about you so using personal examples about your own life means nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships