Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 12:27 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,257,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
I am so sorry for you. I cannot imagine living in such a state of suspicion and wariness. It must be very exhausting for you.

Zackly
Nope. I like to be aware of my surroundings and look out for myself. No one is going to do that for me. Being paranoid and aware are two different things.

I never was a low energy person either. I am always watching and thinking of everyone's actions around me. It prevents a lot of BS. Pretty much the only people that get this are over 70, cops and head officers in the military.

How does that old saying go: " hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Thats how I look at it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2010, 12:52 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,381,037 times
My husband and I share a laptop. Why do people need more then one anyway?
Next stop, to buy a Mac or a new PC, one laptop is enough.

Not sure why does anyone need "his own" or "her own", unless they are in that line of work, like an IT or something.

Ugh, for those who are snooping - it must be exhausting to live like that. I can't even imagine.

Old 03-14-2010, 02:39 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post

Not sure why does anyone need "his own" or "her own", unless they are in that line of work, like an IT or something.

Ugh, for those who are snooping - it must be exhausting to live like that. I can't even imagine.
Well, my dh is a student so he's uses his constantly. I'm a hobby photographer, so I have my specific applications. I suppose it's the same reason people have their own cell phones. It's just easier.

Old 03-14-2010, 03:22 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,304,168 times
Quote:
Why do people need more then one anyway?
We both like using the computer and we can do so at the same time. However, they're both set up on our home network, so we also share many things.

Old 03-14-2010, 03:33 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,998,989 times
I certainly would not let him have his own laptop. And I would require him to submit to a cavity search everytime he enters the house just to make sure he's not hiding one somewhere.

Seriously - wtf kind of question is this?

Old 03-14-2010, 04:25 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,039,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
I am so sorry for you. I cannot imagine living in such a state of suspicion and wariness. It must be very exhausting for you.
Pitt and myself agree on certain things, and this is one of them; it's better to be safe then sorry.

Old 03-14-2010, 05:33 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,649,845 times
Quote:

Well, if we DID have two separate computers, we could play online games with or against each other. Spades, chess, hearts, euchre, etc. Or we could both give our views in a forum without one of us having to log off so that the other person can say what they think. It actually used to be an issue, because even though we would do that, sometimes the site's server was slow, and misidentified us as the other person.

Old 03-14-2010, 09:25 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,318,986 times
Who would think that they had the right to "let" or not "let" their SO have a laptop? It is not my business.

Old 03-14-2010, 09:36 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,381,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
We both like using the computer and we can do so at the same time. However, they're both set up on our home network, so we also share many things.
Okay

I keep forgetting that people are different, my husband spends 1/2 hour on a computer every day tops.

Old 03-14-2010, 09:38 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,649,845 times
^It's like two people who've met online--and want to meet in person. So they go to a Internet cafe and type back and forth instead of actually talking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships