Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2010, 06:41 PM

52,200 posts, read 52,629,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
The Nazis deported people to the gas chambers.

This is different. This is just deporting people back home. It's like lost and found

It's doing them a favour, tons of family reunions with a free trip home.

I'd never thought I'd be in a position to defend illegals. LOL how the world turns.

Deport them home to no jobs and a absolutely worthless goverment, no employment opportunites and a myriad of other problems.

Old 04-24-2010, 06:47 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'd never thought I'd be in a position to defend illegals. LOL how the world turns.

Deport them home to no jobs and a absolutely worthless goverment, no employment opportunites and a myriad of other problems.

It's Mexico's problem, Chow.

It's this goodwill attitude that has ruined the US. For example, going to Iraq coz Saddam is oppressing Iraqis half a world away. It's all good - to spread freedom and democracy.

But at what cost? Trillion dollar budget deficits and loans owing to war

The illegal immigrants do not belong here. If the madness does not end, America will get shredded in the coming decades. We're seeing a dilution of the fabric that made it the land of opportunity

When I see spanish signs around, it makes me sick to the stomach.

Old 04-24-2010, 06:58 PM

52,200 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
It's Mexico's problem, Chow.

It's this goodwill attitude that has ruined the US. For example, going to Iraq coz Saddam is oppressing Iraqis half a world away. It's all good - to spread freedom and democracy.

But at what cost? Trillion dollar budget deficits and loans owing to war

The illegal immigrants do not belong here. If the madness does not end, America will get shredded in the coming decades. We're seeing a dilution of the fabric that made it the land of opportunity

I respect that opinion. I respect how immigrants have a reverence for the USA.

It really is a land of opportunity. I hope it stays that way.

Old 04-24-2010, 08:32 PM

37,593 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Here in California whites are no longer the majority. Which I don't give a rip about. But I'm noticing that more and more signs and advertisments are in spanish.

I hope Rosetta stone CD's go on sale soon.
Oh don't get me started. I stay away from the politics forum for exactly this reason.

Old 04-24-2010, 08:49 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,423,256 times
Quote:
The Nazis deported people to the gas chambers.

This is different. This is just deporting people back home. It's like lost and found

It's doing them a favour, tons of family reunions with a free trip home.

You obviously haven't been here long. The government DOES deport illegal aliens day in and day out. Or did you think that they sit and watch as the illegals enter the country and offer them some coffee?

Old 04-24-2010, 08:54 PM

Well tonight is PROM night. My son went with his GF to her prom (he skipped his this year as I told him I'm only paying for ONE tux rental a year. Really nicely done this year. There was a group of 24 kids, and one mom/dad offered to host the pre-prom dinner at their home. (This couple apparently loves to cook and have people over.) So we drove them over there, spent about 30 minutes with all the other parents taking pics, and then walked inside the house at 6:30. I was just stunned. They had removed their furniture from their living room, and had 3 beautiful tables set up with flowers and candles, and the dining room was set up in the same way. Candles up the staircase, on the mantel, really it looked just gorgeous. The parents hung out in the kitchen, and we all coordinated the serving of the appetizers (shrimp cocktail), dinner (beef tenderloin, twice baked potatoes, and green beans) and desert (strawberry cream mini-brownies and a custom-made prom cake). We had parent munchies too, as well as sodas, beer, and wine. We got the kids off into the limos by 7:45, and then went back inside to clean up. I bet I took 100 pictures tonight.

This was SO much better than a restaurant...I was so impressed with this couple...they did such an incredible job and the kids had SUCH a good time. (Us parents all chipped in a few bucks each for the food). This is my son's 3rd prom, but it's the only one where I have actually been able to have some memories to share with him. Too cool. Just too cool.

Old 04-24-2010, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Well tonight is PROM night. My son went with his GF to her prom (he skipped his this year as I told him I'm only paying for ONE tux rental a year. Really nicely done this year. There was a group of 24 kids, and one mom/dad offered to host the pre-prom dinner at their home. (This couple apparently loves to cook and have people over.) So we drove them over there, spent about 30 minutes with all the other parents taking pics, and then walked inside the house at 6:30. I was just stunned. They had removed their furniture from their living room, and had 3 beautiful tables set up with flowers and candles, and the dining room was set up in the same way. Candles up the staircase, on the mantel, really it looked just gorgeous. The parents hung out in the kitchen, and we all coordinated the serving of the appetizers (shrimp cocktail), dinner (beef tenderloin, twice baked potatoes, and green beans) and desert (strawberry cream mini-brownies and a custom-made prom cake). We had parent munchies too, as well as sodas, beer, and wine. We got the kids off into the limos by 7:45, and then went back inside to clean up. I bet I took 100 pictures tonight.

This was SO much better than a restaurant...I was so impressed with this couple...they did such an incredible job and the kids had SUCH a good time. (Us parents all chipped in a few bucks each for the food). This is my son's 3rd prom, but it's the only one where I have actually been able to have some memories to share with him. Too cool. Just too cool.
That sounds beautiful. I'm glad you had fun.

Old 04-24-2010, 09:10 PM

Quote:
If the madness does not end, America will get shredded in the coming decades. We're seeing a dilution of the fabric that made it the land of opportunity

I thought the danger for the US was the middle east. I thought those were the guys driving planes into US buildings. Geeze, I must have been wrong all along.

Old 04-25-2010, 03:36 AM

19,386 posts, read 15,220,746 times
So...we're listening to the solo KISS albums...

Old 04-25-2010, 08:31 AM

Good morning all! I JUST got up about 30 minutes ago! I was completely exhausted from working in the garden most of the day yesterday - I tilled it (by hand - with a hoe and a rake), cleaned out the weeds and raked in some manure and new soil and peat, and got all my veggies planted...finally! And by the time I was done my back was KILLING me. I finished up and came in about the time my son had finished dressing, took a super-speed shower and then was off to do the prom thing for the rest of the night. Whew. I guess I needed the sleep! Son got home about 7:30 am and is asleep in bed where he'll remain for most of the day! And I am off to the BF's house for the day. Everyone have a great Sunday!

Oh...I meant to post earlier...we went to see Michael Flatley's Lord Of The Dance on Friday night...and it was friggin' awesome!!! I highly recommend for anyone that loves music and/or dance!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships