Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2010, 08:15 PM

37,589 posts, read 45,950,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I've been hitting the gym off and on the last couple of weeks. Mostly taking it easy, no weight training just cardio on the stairmaster, elliptical trainer.

I somehow managed to goof up my lower back. Broke down and went to a Chiro-quack. I mean Chiropractor. LOL

Those guys are actually the dope ass-shyt, as the thugs, er, the kids say.
Oh I'm a hard-core believer in the chiro-quacks. Absolutely. They ARE the bomb.

Old 04-01-2010, 08:18 PM

And I'll have you know I am logged in to my formerly-dead pc, by the way.

Damn if I didn't put in a new hard drive, reinstall windows, drivers, updated everthang , and she is good to go! I am just stupefied.

Of course the new PC arrives in about 15 days.

Old 04-01-2010, 08:20 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
And I'll have you know I am logged in to my formerly-dead pc, by the way.

Damn if I didn't put in a new hard drive, reinstall windows, drivers, updated everthang , and she is good to go! I am just stupefied.

Of course the new PC arrives in about 15 days.
Yey! We're proud of ya, Chess!

Old 04-01-2010, 08:39 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,993,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I've been hitting the gym off and on the last couple of weeks. Mostly taking it easy, no weight training just cardio on the stairmaster, elliptical trainer.

I somehow managed to goof up my lower back. Broke down and went to a Chiro-quack. I mean Chiropractor. LOL

Those guys are actually the dope ass-shyt, as the thugs, er, the kids say.
Poor Chowsers.

My SoG give you a massage.

Old 04-01-2010, 08:45 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,680,133 times
By the way, bobman ... your photo was doctored. Here's the original version.

Imageshack - iron20my20shirtvy2.jpg

Old 04-01-2010, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Yey! We're proud of ya, Chess!
Thank ya ma'am. But I'd be a lot prouder if I hadn't have jumped the gun and ordered that darn new machine. I just had no idea I could do this myself, and so cheaply.

Old 04-01-2010, 10:28 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
Poor Chowsers.

My SoG give you a massage.
Ma'am please don't leave an open invite for a crude joke.

LOL

Old 04-01-2010, 10:36 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,339,579 times
Quote:
Thank ya ma'am. But I'd be a lot prouder if I hadn't have jumped the gun and ordered that darn new machine. I just had no idea I could do this myself, and so cheaply.
I'm now the owner of three computers

I'm happy I got my newest laptop (netbook) 'cause my main laptop on which I had to reinstall Windows, etc. continues to have problems. It took days before all the updates were downloaded and installed. It seemed like everytime I turned the darn thing on/off there were more updates to install (I reinstalled Windows using the disk that came with the computer, so it was missing a couple years worth of updates). Yesterday Firefox lost all my bookmarks, and today AOL lost an entire filing cabinet full of e-mails for one screenname (about 10 years worth ). I managed to fix everything, but it was scary for a while to think that so much info might have been lost. I usually back up all my important info to an external hard drive every month or so and I'm so glad I do.

My old PC got a virus (stupid anti-virus software hadn't updated) and the only way I could get in touch with the McAfee folks was to use my new netbook to look up information to contact them.

Old 04-01-2010, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post
I'm now the owner of three computers

I'm happy I got my newest laptop (netbook) 'cause my main laptop on which I had to reinstall Windows, etc. continues to have problems. It took days before all the updates were downloaded and installed.[b] It seemed like everytime I turned the darn thing on/off there were more updates to install (I reinstalled Windows using the disk that came with the computer, so it was missing a couple years worth of updates).
This PC was FIVE years old, so it had a few updates to go through. I simply sat right here as it did them....batch by batch. It doesn't do them all at once...you have to let it install, then reboot, then let it find more, then install and reboot (when it asks to) and so on and so on. Mine took a couple of hours...not as bad as I would have expected. But going out to Dell and downloading all the drivers on my laptop and transferring them over....sheesh!!

Old 04-01-2010, 11:46 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,422,191 times
Quote:
This PC was FIVE years old, so it had a few updates to go through. I simply sat right here as it did them....batch by batch. It doesn't do them all at once...you have to let it install, then reboot, then let it find more, then install and reboot (when it asks to) and so on and so on. Mine took a couple of hours...not as bad as I would have expected. But going out to Dell and downloading all the drivers on my laptop and transferring them over....sheesh!!
Excuse my ignorance Chessie, but isn't there a website where you just download all the drivers you might need? I've never done it before, so I just wonder how you did it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships