Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2010, 09:32 AM

5,024 posts, read 8,892,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
I imagine you eat a lot of Yogurt. Is this thought correct? I'm kind of like that guy from Psych.
You're funny. I eat a lot of greek yogurt from Trader Joe's, with blueberries. Also, a lot of sushi. Not much red meat at all. Turkey and chicken and fish, and salads. Lots of water, iced tea, coffee, green tea. Kind of boring, but that's me.

Do you have a Trader Joe's nearby? Everyone where I live shops at Trader Joe's.

Old 04-12-2010, 09:35 AM

37,607 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
You're funny. I eat a lot of greek yogurt from Trader Joe's, with blueberries. Also, a lot of sushi. Not much red meat at all. Turkey and chicken and fish, and salads. Lots of water, iced tea, coffee, green tea. Kind of boring, but that's me.

I love Trader Joes....we have one but it's not close...takes me about 30 min to get there so I only go about once a month. But I stock up when I do!

Old 04-12-2010, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I'm an idiot. Totally. I was thinking of the Montpelier mansion.
Nope...not Vermont!! Too cold for this water-loving gal!!

Hmmm...well I'll comment on your other guesses. I LOVE hot spiced apple cider. Love love love it. My son does too! Unfortunately, my boyfriend can't stand it. I have mulling spices in my pantry and I make it every winter.
I have mulling spices here too!

Quote:
Love the Cosby show, but don't think it's an "all-time" fave. Gosh that would be hard to name. For old stuff, I favor Love I Love Lucy and Dick Van Dyke, and MASH, among others. I love Friends, and Two and a Half Men...totally off-color and inappropriate for children of course. Right now my BF and I enjoy Modern Family...that show is hilarious. But the one show that I dearly loved, and miss terribly, is The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson. I laughed until I had tears in my eyes...he is irreplaceable.
I miss Johnny Carson, too! I never laughed so hard...

Quote:
I only wear turtlenecks when I go snowskiing...but I do say YUP a lot. If I HAD a nook, I'm sure I'd sit in it. I do have a beautiful seated arbor that I built a few years back though...I enjoy sitting out there. Which reminds me...it's a beautiful day and I need to get outside!!
I wear white turtlenecks! And I have a couple of gray ones, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I love Trader Joes....we have one but it's not close...takes me about 30 min to get there so I only go about once a month. But I stock up when I do!
Trader Joe's is a cool store!

Old 04-12-2010, 09:44 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,405,164 times
Quote:

We have a Trader Joe's on 40th and Chandler Blvd. I don't go there very often. I think the people that work in there are very full of themselves. Some of the women were wearing shorts but had too much leg hair stubble. i thought they were hippies.

I shop at Sprouts. It's local. At least I think. If it's not local I'll be mad.

Old 04-12-2010, 09:46 AM

Quote:
We have a Trader Joe's on 40th and Chandler Blvd. I don't go there very often. I think the people that work in there are very full of themselves. Some of the women were wearing shorts but had too much leg hair stubble. i thought they were hippies.

I shop at Sprouts. It's local. At least I think. If it's not local I'll be mad.
We're getting a brand new Sprouts here, too.

Perhaps it's nationwide?

JSizzle, one of our Trader Joe's here has a woman in her late fifties, early sixties with full sleeves of tattoos. I'd say all the people working here at Trader Joe's are very nice, almost nicer than Albertson's. And the most friendliest clerks are at Whole Foods, at least where we live.

Old 04-12-2010, 09:49 AM

Quote:

Perhaps it's nationwide?
I thought Sprouts was an Arizona business?? I support local business whenever I can. If they aren't, I'll go to Basha's again...even though it seems like they closed down everyone in the East Valley. By the time I get the milk home in the summer, it will spoil in the back of my truck. YUMMERS

Old 04-12-2010, 09:51 AM

Quote:

Perhaps it's nationwide?

JSizzle, one of our Trader Joe's here has a woman in her late fifties, early sixties with full sleeves of tattoos. I'd say all the people working here at Trader Joe's are very nice, almost nicer than Albertson's. And the most friendliest clerks are at Whole Foods, at least where we live.
I'm not allowed to go in Albertson's. My dad was a truss salesman growing up. Albertson's always went with steel trusses. Never even looked at wood trusses, even though in the desert heat wood is the way to go. I've never been in an Albertson's.

My favorite store growing up was Smitty's. Wallace and Ladmo used to be there. Wallace hated kids. I don't think he liked to be touched, and his face was red like an old drunks. But Ladmo was awesome. He hugged us all, but his jacket always smelled like smoke. That's probably why he died. That was the day the laughter died, here in AZ. RIP Ladmo.

Old 04-12-2010, 09:51 AM

Quote:
I thought Sprouts was an Arizona business?? I support local business whenever I can. If they aren't, I'll go to Basha's again...even though it seems like they closed down everyone in the East Valley. By the time I get the milk home in the summer, it will spoil in the back of my truck. YUMMERS
I applied for a job there as a vitamin clerk - I doubt I'll get it, but I tried.

You can see the building from the 101 freeway here.

Old 04-12-2010, 09:57 AM

37,607 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
I'd say all the people working here at Trader Joe's are very nice,
Agreed. All incredibly nice here too!

Old 04-12-2010, 09:59 AM

Quote:
I applied for a job there as a vitamin clerk - I doubt I'll get it, but I tried.

You can see the building from the 101 freeway here.
I was trying to take my fish oil capsules this morning, but I couldn't. I gagged them up and they fell on the ground, and the dog ate them. Is it good for golden retrievers to eat fish oils? He eats garbage so I think he'll live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships