Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 08:41 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,029,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
You might want to find out why that is, and work on it.
Combine expressionless eyes (since I'm not expressing any emotion at the moment) with pouty lips and voila. . . arrogant beyotch. I'm just not one of those people that conveys warmth and joy with a straight face. I have to put effort into my facial expressions to soften myself up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2010, 08:49 PM

213 posts, read 416,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
Combine expressionless eyes (since I'm not expressing any emotion at the moment) with pouty lips and voila. . . arrogant beyotch. I'm just not one of those people that conveys warmth and joy with a straight face. I have to put effort into my facial expressions to soften myself up.
Hi Mango!
Just read all 36 pages of this very long thread but I wanted to find out if you ever approached the guy. I act the same way you do when I'm attracted to someone too.

Ok, so here's what you can do, get all your stuff and drop it near him. If he's a nice guy he'll help you pick it up and then you can try making small talk when he helps you.

Even better is photocopy some body building exercises and have lots of loose leaf papers around and drop them near him. So when he helps you pick them up, he can see you're trying to learn body building. Maybe you can ask him for some advice when he helps you.

Good luck!!

Old 03-17-2010, 09:03 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,012,366 times
Quote:
I recommend this book to change up a few things so you'll have much more success.

http://baltimorebookworm.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/bodylanguage.jpg (broken link)

Old 03-17-2010, 09:07 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,404,793 times
Quote:
I don't know the percentage of guys...but let's just say every guy I know...are all attracted to a warm smile. I'll talk to a warm smile over a hot body, any day, and all day on Sunday.

Old 03-17-2010, 09:09 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,524,468 times
Quote:
I'll talk to a warm smile over a hot body, any day, and all day on Sunday.
What he said. Just flip it around.

Old 03-17-2010, 09:13 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,029,630 times
Quote:
I don't know the percentage of guys...but let's just say every guy I know...are all attracted to a warm smile. I'll talk to a warm smile over a hot body, any day, and all day on Sunday.
I'm really going to make a disciplined effort to not shrink into my iceberg and to offer a warm smile to him when I pass him and he's in a relaxed state (i e: not in the middle of working out). I had a great opportunity today since he was sitting at the table where I usually leave my cell phone and I completely ignored him with my ice queen expression slapped on my face, even though I knew he looked at me. Whatever - it's time to bite the bullet and make some changes!

Old 03-17-2010, 09:23 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
What he said. Just flip it around.
Good one, rascal!

Old 03-17-2010, 09:48 PM

213 posts, read 416,653 times
Quote:
I'm really going to make a disciplined effort to not shrink into my iceberg and to offer a warm smile to him when I pass him and he's in a relaxed state (i e: not in the middle of working out). I had a great opportunity today since he was sitting at the table where I usually leave my cell phone and I completely ignored him with my ice queen expression slapped on my face, even though I knew he looked at me. Whatever - it's time to bite the bullet and make some changes!
Just start with a simple "Hi - how's it going?" to get the ball rolling next time you have an opportunity.

Old 03-23-2010, 09:57 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Wazzup in the gym?

Old 03-23-2010, 10:20 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,715,345 times
Call me whatever you want, but I blatantly ignore every female who approaches me in the gym.

They have this universal idea that I'm a very reserved and arrogant alien dude.

It mostly starts as to how they love my tanned skin. Tanned?? It's natural
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships