U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 07:39 PM

3,284 posts, read 1,136,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
You're kidding, right? LOL
Spinx, you're just mad because I was 2 inches shy of your minimum requirement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2010, 07:39 PM

2,392 posts, read 3,354,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
My balls are on vacation in Belize, so no.
[/tone my ex girl used] Whaaaaaaaaaaa [/tone my ex girl used] ! Well, you better pick them up and say something. Otherwise.................

Old 03-17-2010, 07:42 PM

11,005 posts, read 10,014,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
Alrighty, but I gotta forewarn you, it's bad news bears, buddy. Things tend to get a bit out of hand - I'm guessing you are familiar, however.
Please explain.

Old 03-17-2010, 07:42 PM

4,928 posts, read 4,620,021 times
Quote:
He said something after I asked the other guy why the gym was so empty tonight, not after I asked the guy if he would put the weights on the machine for me. This guy has put my weights on numerous times before. It's part of my routine. It didn't particularly sound malicious either, but who am I to say since I didn't even make out what he said. Excuses excuses.

I'm just going to do the 3 strike system. When passing or in near proximity, I will make eye contact and smile and continue doing whatever I was doing. I will do this on 3 different occasions and if he acts like an iceberg, then I'm done.
Girlfriend.......insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results.

He clearly is not getting your smiles/looks/eye contact. You are going to have to straight up talk to him. Why are you so intimidated by this guy? Nobody is so damn hot they are beyond approach. Be confident in yourself. Hell, you know what you've got to offer and if he's not interested...so be it. He's not the only hot guy on earth. Keep moving and consider it his loss for not getting to know some as spectacular as you.

The word no may hurt but it doesn't kill and at least you will know and can stop torturing yourself.

Stop being scaaaaaardy cat!! j/k

Old 03-17-2010, 07:45 PM

3,284 posts, read 1,136,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Please explain.

Oh i was just kidding, but a lot of my friends tend to get out of hand. Got what doctors call, "a little bit of a drinking problem". lol

When you heading back, anyway?

Old 03-17-2010, 07:48 PM

2,116 posts, read 3,005,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Girlfriend.......insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results.

He clearly is not getting your smiles/looks/eye contact.
Seeniorta, I haven't smiled at, looked, or make eye contact with him! At all! Not even when I'm practically 3 inches away from him. I act as if he's not even there. But yes, that is insanity because obviously me acting like he's a large rock isn't producing the desired results.

*smacks head against wall in frustration with self*

I'll go ahead and admit it even though I hate doing so! I am terrified that he'll think I'm weird if I show even the slightest hint of interest in him. I'm terrified that he'll be freaked out that this girl he is not attracted to in the least bit is attracted to him. That's why I'm behaving in such extremes. I know I'm jumping to conclusions about how he feels about me, but there - I said it. This goes back to good old self-esteem. I'm not wearing any armor so please be gentle with me.

Old 03-17-2010, 07:49 PM

2,985 posts, read 2,386,901 times
Okay, I misunderstood the specifics of the WHEN on his comment; nevertheless, it was a comment they weren't willing to share with you.

I can sort of relate since my own repertoire of expressions seems to be somewhat messed up. When I'm thinking people believe me angry; when I'm musing people think me contemplative, and the ONLY time my expression seems to fit is when I'm absolutely focused and concentrating, which women find charming and sexy for some reason. My happiness or laughter is called a "smirk" (which I feel negative and smugly superior in connotation), my sadness makes people think I'm JUST thinking, etc.

Apparently my notches are off by two.

Old 03-17-2010, 07:50 PM

2,985 posts, read 2,386,901 times
Quote:
Seeniorta, I haven't smiled at, looked, or make eye contact with him! At all! Not even when I'm practically 3 inches away from him. I act as if he's not even there. But yes, that is insanity because obviously me acting like he's a large rock isn't producing the desired results.

That WOULD come off as arrogance! You need to lose that yesterday!

Old 03-17-2010, 07:56 PM

4,928 posts, read 4,620,021 times
Quote:

I'll go ahead and admit it even though I hate doing so! I am terrified that he'll think I'm weird if I show even the slightest hint of interest in him. I'm terrified that he'll be freaked out that this girl he is not attracted to in the least bit is attracted to him. That's why I'm behaving in such extremes. I know I'm jumping to conclusions about how he feels about me, but there - I said it. This goes back to good old self-esteem. I'm not wearing any armor so please be gentle with me.

Mango,

If this guy is not the least bit flattered you are wanting to get to know him then he isn't worth your time anyway. You are worrying about reactions that may never be.

I was under the impression you had already smiled/had eye contact with him. Try that tomorrow and see how it goes but ADD a "Hi, how are you" to go along with it. If you are behaving like he doesn't exist....then yes...he probably thinks you are a stuck up b*tch. Change that quickly and work on being approachable.

The funny thing is he could be feeling the same way and just trying to play it cool. If no one ever makes the first move it will be a wasted opportunity.

Seize the day girlfriend! You're worth it!!

Old 03-17-2010, 08:16 PM

11,005 posts, read 10,014,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
Oh i was just kidding, but a lot of my friends tend to get out of hand. Got what doctors call, "a little bit of a drinking problem". lol[
Alcohol. The only bad amount is none.

Quote:
When you heading back, anyway?
I'll be applying at OPD next year (unless they **** me, again) but I'm probably going to swing by in the summer for a few days at least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships