U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-17-2010, 07:18 PM
 
3,284 posts, read 2,428,479 times
Reputation: 1832

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Alcohol. The only bad amount is none.

I'll be applying at OPD next year (unless they **** me, again) but I'm probably going to swing by in the summer for a few days at least.
If nothing else, you could apply at Pott or Douglas County Corrections. They start off well in pay, great benefits and it's good for your OPD resume.

Pott County preferably, then you can skip all the racial BS.

Sorry, Mango, back to hot gym guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-17-2010, 07:22 PM
 
3,622 posts, read 6,208,881 times
Reputation: 2515
Mrs. TVSG?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2010, 07:22 PM
 
Location: Tampa, Florida
13,523 posts, read 16,775,970 times
Reputation: 8474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
If nothing else, you could apply at Pott or Douglas County Corrections. They start off well in pay, great benefits and it's good for your OPD resume.

Pott County preferably, then you can skip all the racial BS.

Sorry, Mango, back to hot gym guy.
I'm in the application process with a couple sheriffs departments down here for the same reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2010, 07:26 PM
 
3,284 posts, read 2,428,479 times
Reputation: 1832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
I'm in the application process with a couple sheriffs departments down here for the same reason.
I may be able to put in a word for ya up here. I know an unusual amount of people in law enforcement. Unfortunately, I burned my best bridge last spring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2010, 07:28 PM
 
5,148 posts, read 3,763,875 times
Reputation: 2865
These people are giving you terrible advice, I'm sorry. Terrible advice is telling you what you want to hear. What the guys said, that you didn't hear, is they laughed at your immaturity to just say something. People don't give guys any credit...we know what we are surrounded with and can hunt just fine. The only possible thing you can do in a gym, is go ask for help. Now you can't do that, because it will be awkward. Time to move on.

I'm not meaning to harp on you. It's just pretty obvious that this guy is taken. He should have the common courtesy to approach you though, tell you you are a great girl, but he has someone. It sounds like it's pretty obvious you are crushing. And if he's not taken, and just wants you to do everything...why would you want a guy like that? He obviously is not "all that" if he's that socially awkward.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2010, 08:08 PM
 
Location: Tampa, Florida
13,523 posts, read 16,775,970 times
Reputation: 8474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
I may be able to put in a word for ya up here. I know an unusual amount of people in law enforcement.
That would be great if you could.

Quote:
Unfortunately, I burned my best bridge last spring.
What happened? PM it to me if you don't want to post it on the board.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2010, 08:10 PM
 
Location: The Mango Tree
2,115 posts, read 4,134,670 times
Reputation: 2624
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
These people are giving you terrible advice, I'm sorry. Terrible advice is telling you what you want to hear. What the guys said, that you didn't hear, is they laughed at your immaturity to just say something. People don't give guys any credit...we know what we are surrounded with and can hunt just fine. The only possible thing you can do in a gym, is go ask for help. Now you can't do that, because it will be awkward. Time to move on.

I'm not meaning to harp on you. It's just pretty obvious that this guy is taken. He should have the common courtesy to approach you though, tell you you are a great girl, but he has someone. It sounds like it's pretty obvious you are crushing. And if he's not taken, and just wants you to do everything...why would you want a guy like that? He obviously is not "all that" if he's that socially awkward.
I want to make sure we're both clear on a few things:

1. The guy I asked to put my weights on the squat machine for me works there and I always ask him to put the weights on for me because I am literally unable to do it myself. It's his job to help those who need help and I ask him even if there's no one else in the gym.

2. I act like he doesn't exist. I never have. No eye contact, no smiles, nothing. I'll be standing four inches near him and it's like he's not even there. I'm friendly with everyone else though.

3. My natural expression is that of a beyotch.

4. Now that I remember it, he actually has tried to talk to me once when I was leaving the gym and he was putting on his gear before getting on his motorcycle and I said "bye" without a smile and kept walking to my car.

Don't I sound like an absolutely lovely person?

Sure, he may not be into me, but I figure I should at least try being friendly first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2010, 08:15 PM
 
921 posts, read 1,233,965 times
Reputation: 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
I want to make sure we're both clear on a few things:

1. The guy I asked to put my weights on the squat machine for me works there and I always ask him to put the weights on for me because I am literally unable to do it myself. It's his job to help those who need help and I ask him even if there's no one else in the gym.

2. I act like he doesn't exist. I never have. No eye contact, no smiles, nothing. I'll be standing four inches near him and it's like he's not even there. I'm friendly with everyone else though.

3. My natural expression is that of a beyotch.

4. Now that I remember it, he actually has tried to talk to me once when I was leaving the gym and he was putting on his gear before getting on his motorcycle and I said "bye" without a smile and kept walking to my car.

Don't I sound like an absolutely lovely person?

Sure, he may not be into me, but I figure I should at least try being friendly first.
That's fine, as long as you're not trying to convince yourself the guy isn't a jerk because you have the hots for him. You know better than we do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2010, 08:20 PM
 
5,148 posts, read 3,763,875 times
Reputation: 2865
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
I want to make sure we're both clear on a few things:

1. The guy I asked to put my weights on the squat machine for me works there and I always ask him to put the weights on for me because I am literally unable to do it myself. It's his job to help those who need help and I ask him even if there's no one else in the gym.

2. I act like he doesn't exist. I never have. No eye contact, no smiles, nothing. I'll be standing four inches near him and it's like he's not even there. I'm friendly with everyone else though.

3. My natural expression is that of a beyotch.

4. Now that I remember it, he actually has tried to talk to me once when I was leaving the gym and he was putting on his gear before getting on his motorcycle and I said "bye" without a smile and kept walking to my car.

Don't I sound like an absolutely lovely person?

Sure, he may not be into me, but I figure I should at least try being friendly first.
You might want to find out why that is, and work on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2010, 08:23 PM
 
3,284 posts, read 2,428,479 times
Reputation: 1832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
That would be great if you could.
Cand do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
What happened? PM it to me if you don't want to post it on the board.
Lol - I'll PM ya.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top