Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 07:45 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,065,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
The first thing you need to do is lose the "all NY'ers are players" mentality. Especially since you have a boyfriend that you cheated on to be with him. You're upset because you have no control over the situation that YOU created.
That's a good reply. I know many decent people from NY.
Players are all over, not 'just in NY.' I'd describe the OP as a player because she has a boyfriend, yet chose to cheat on him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2010, 07:56 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,422,144 times
Which player? Derek Jeter?

Old 03-18-2010, 08:22 AM

851 posts, read 3,625,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
That's a good reply. I know many decent people from NY.
Players are all over, not 'just in NY.' I'd describe the OP as a player because she has a boyfriend, yet chose to cheat on him.
Excuse me? What's wrong with being a player? You are implying players are not decent people.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:32 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,773,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStupid View Post
Excuse me? What's wrong with being a player? You are implying players are not decent people.
The issue here is that the OP is accusing this guy of being a player while she herself is out there playing behind her boyfriends back. It's the hypocrisy of it all.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:33 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,065,882 times
Quote:
The issue here is that the OP is accusing this guy of being a player while she herself is out there playing behind her boyfriends back. It's the hypocrisy of it all.
Exactly...

Old 03-18-2010, 08:42 AM

3 posts, read 3,536 times
okay okay okay okay. thanks everyone for giving me the beat down on cheating on my boyfriend and pointing out the obvious. and honestly putting things in perspective for me. don't make the assumption that i don't know what i did was wrong and that this is something i do everyday. there are other factors that you don't know about that contributed to my decision to act as i did. it still doesn't excuse my behavior, i'm not saying that. i'll make it short: i found out that my boyfriend has a relationship with a girl that has gone beyond friendship. whether there's a physical connection, i'm not 100 percent sure, but it's definitely looking that way. and i know that there's definitely an emotional one.

we've worked through things and we've decided to stay together. but for whatever reason, i did what i did as an act of rebellion and because it felt right. if that makes me an immoral person that doesn't care about another person's feelings than fine. but i'm in the school of thought where i feel like you only live once and when you have that emotional charge and connection with someone, you should just act. because you never know if you'll get to be in that same place again.

of course the argument against that is if everyone acted like that our world would be complete and utter chaos.

truthfully, it's not so much that i'm beating myself up--more so that i didn't have anyone to talk to about it. it's not something i'd want to go broadcasting to those in my world, both professionally and friendship-wise.

Nala8, seriously, thank you for your comments and for trying to understand. they truly are helpful.

Coolhand68, your last comment also put things in perspective for me, so thank you. you're right, that's why i'm upset. i created a situation and Mr. Bronx is not letting me have control.

End of the line here, i'm going to let this go and move on. it was fun while it lasted and a connection i don't regret. sometimes things aren't always so black and white.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:43 AM

851 posts, read 3,625,620 times
Quote:
You are right. :-) I missed that part.

Old 03-18-2010, 12:57 PM

994 posts, read 1,681,433 times
Oh boohoo cry me a river

Old 03-18-2010, 08:33 PM

442 posts, read 1,296,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carra View Post
With all the good men out there craving for some attention from women, it's sad that the men that have such attention use it like that.

But I guess it's logical. One only values what takes effort. Those guys often attract women so easily and therefore they don't value that.

i just had to respond to this one, its too funny

its not my fault that girls dont want these lame dudes "craving" for attention from women. Its too easy. i tell girls the same thing and they all eat it up. dont act like dudes who like getting different women are breaking the law, theres no rules to life. besides women like settling down too much, ill let the other guys marry her

Old 03-18-2010, 08:34 PM

442 posts, read 1,296,611 times
and this is not a regional thing either, so please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships