Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 02:23 PM

332 posts, read 642,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Does anybody feel like "cat people" are weird? Would you date a "cat person" by that I mean you have more than one cat, you dote on them like your children,etc...
If she was attractive I would. But I noticed that most women who own too many cats 9 times out of 10 are butt ugly in the looks department. Most women who own too many cats rarely look like Jennifer Connelly, most of them look more like Janet Napolitano.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2010, 11:01 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,237,828 times
I could never date anyone with multiple cats, not because cat people are weird--they're not--but because I have multiple birds.

In fact, I blame my multiple birds for meeting my guy, who also has multiple birds, because we were on the same bird bbs and look what happened. Here we are, nearly four years after that fateful message.

Cat people are normal. Dog people are normal.

Bird people? Not so much. Trust me.

Old 03-22-2010, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
One must really be almost OCD to not have a least one of these problems in their home stemming from their indoor pets.
I vacuum, scrub bird cages, and do laundry every single day.

*twitch, twitch*

Old 03-22-2010, 11:08 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,878,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky_topaz View Post
How do you feel about dating people with multiple cats?
Dont feel much at all about it. Hate cats and never "dated" a chick who was a cat person. The "crazy ol cat lady" stereotype exists for a reason - ITS TRUE!!

There was always something strange about every woman I ever met who owned more than one cat. They didnt know it themselves because they couldnt see it. But they were definitely strange.

I also find it to be a turnoff when any woman says things like "Come to momma" or "do you love momma?" to their animals (be they dogs or cats).

Old 03-22-2010, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdRedRain View Post
Many people are allergic to dogs too, and dog feces also carry many other diseases too. It's just that cats bury theirs, dog's don't. They even eat their own feces.
But dogs got personality. Personality goes a long way.

Never mind me. It's late, I'm tired...

Old 03-23-2010, 12:17 AM

830 posts, read 2,706,265 times
Quote:
Oh man, she was one of those "cat rescuers".
Oh yes, those horrible cat rescuers.

I'm a cat lady - cat rescuer. Oh well. The boyfriend has a couple of his own too. We're not weird. Or if we are, it has little to nothing to do with the cats.

Would never date anyone who didn't think a cat's life is valuable or begrudged them a home to live in. Too sociopathic for my taste.

Would never date anyone who thought animals were dirty either. Too ridiculous for my taste.

Old 03-23-2010, 05:59 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,558,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
I could never date anyone with multiple cats, not because cat people are weird--they're not--but because I have multiple birds.

In fact, I blame my multiple birds for meeting my guy, who also has multiple birds, because we were on the same bird bbs and look what happened. Here we are, nearly four years after that fateful message.

Cat people are normal. Dog people are normal.

Bird people? Not so much. Trust me.
Dog people normal? Not if she's a "hoarder". This woman in Highlands County had 50 dogs, and the place where they stayed was filled ankle deep in feces.

Old 03-23-2010, 10:21 AM

19,441 posts, read 12,083,255 times
Look at their facebook page. If it is 90% cat photos, you got yourself a cat nut. There are a lot of photos of cats out there, pages and pages and pages, oh my.

Old 03-23-2010, 10:31 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,349,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcats View Post

I'm a cat lady - cat rescuer. Oh well. The boyfriend has a couple of his own too. We're not weird. Or if we are, it has little to nothing to do with the cats.

Would never date anyone who didn't think a cat's life is valuable or begrudged them a home to live in. Too sociopathic for my taste.

Would never date anyone who thought animals were dirty either. Too ridiculous for my taste.
I never said a single bad word about cat rescuers, so please kindly don't put words in my mouth.
I was just telling about the unusual situation when a woman had 47 cats.

Good for you for rescueing animals. I see nothing wrong with it.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:05 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,127,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Dont feel much at all about it. Hate cats and never "dated" a chick who was a cat person. The "crazy ol cat lady" stereotype exists for a reason - ITS TRUE!!

There was always something strange about every woman I ever met who owned more than one cat. They didnt know it themselves because they couldnt see it. But they were definitely strange.
Strangeness can be cool. It can be bad, but it can also mean a person is simply more interesting. I'd prefer someone offbeat to perfectly "normal".

If we're making generalizations, I find people who own cats over dogs to be more intellectual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcats View Post

It's been my observation that MOST people who own more than 1-2 cats have rescued the majority, and it was something that happened gradually over time (cats can live 15-20 years after all). I had a teacher in elementary school who had 9 cats (and she was very, very pretty - for the record!); she ended up with that many because she kept finding strays, or people would give her strays because they knew she loved cats. If you take them to the pound, they get put to sleep, and she didn't have the heart to do that.

All of the cats I've ever had were rescued also. Since I know I don't have the time/resources to care for more than one, I find them other homes. It's not hard to do with the internet - craigslist is a pretty good place, especially if the cat is young.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships