Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 07:26 AM

8,942 posts, read 20,367,927 times

Advertisements

Of course this Post is for real! Some guys and ladies have no problem getting around horses and livestock......my wife didn't. But, since this website is called City-Data, I guess there are tons more "city slickers" here than country-farm-ranch folks.
Can a person change from being a "city slicker"......my wife sure did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Is this post for real.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2010, 07:31 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,771,359 times
Well I wasn't a member of the PRCA so I wasn't a professional cowboy... I just did it for a living.

Old 03-19-2010, 07:38 AM

Well, the guys that I knew in the "pro" scene were nice dudes. However, they did look at the "Buckle Bunnies" a lot (you rodeo/former rodeo folks know that name). My wife got introduced to "pro" scene pretty fast. Numerous rodeos and joining the Pro Rodeo Hall of Fame in Colorado Springs, CO when we lived in Denver metro area.
Shoot, I seen ladies/cowgirls that turn a steer, or even heel one, better than some of the cowboys I knew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I did high school rodeo... and most of the 'cowboys' were jerks, so I stayed away from them. Way too concerned with one upping the guy next to them.

Of course, I did date a guy for a little bit who was on the PBR circuit...he was a cutie patootie, but I was only 18 and he was in his early 30s and always on the road, so it didn't work. I wouldn't date one now because I have my very own Air Force man to cuddle up with

Old 03-19-2010, 10:00 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,333,578 times
How about reverse cowgirl?

Old 03-19-2010, 10:01 AM

1,081 posts, read 2,471,216 times
LOL... Living in the suburbs of NYC, I can't imagine any circumstance where I would ever meet a cowgirl! There are no rodeos in this area, and people aren't into country line dancing or square dancing here either. We don't even have a country music radio station here.

Old 03-19-2010, 10:05 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Well, the guys that I knew in the "pro" scene were nice dudes. However, they did look at the "Buckle Bunnies" a lot (you rodeo/former rodeo folks know that name). My wife got introduced to "pro" scene pretty fast. Numerous rodeos and joining the Pro Rodeo Hall of Fame in Colorado Springs, CO when we lived in Denver metro area.
Shoot, I seen ladies/cowgirls that turn a steer, or even heel one, better than some of the cowboys I knew!

Oh, the buckle bunnies...gotta love that.

I stuck with team penning most of the time. The gals on my team were MUCH tougher than the guys, which always made me laugh! The politics of high school rodeo got to be a bit much (same with FFA, so I stuck with 4H) and I started flying around that time so rodeo fell to the wayside. Of course, I kept my rodeo horse (16 hand purebred dapple grey straight egyptian arabian...you don't see those too much in rodeo ) and still did a few things here and there.

Old 03-19-2010, 10:11 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,919,735 times
I dated a gal who did barrel racing for a while, but had given up the sport. SHe had a younger brother who was on the 'weekend circuit'. When he was in town he would ALWAYS have some injury, but was greatful for a hot meal and a bed. Lets just say many live for their sport, which means maybe winning $50 for a weekend. Unfortunately until recently a "champion" rider was lucky to pull 100k a year. Tough sport with no health insurance.

To answer the OP, well if they could do some other job, cause there wont be $$ rolling in for 90% of them. Take the same toughness to the oilfield and you can make better cash.

Old 03-19-2010, 11:02 AM

9,724 posts, read 21,231,509 times
*Scratches head* Well yeah, why not?

Old 03-19-2010, 12:55 PM

1,353 posts, read 3,915,827 times
Of course, a "real" cowgirl. Not a fake that just wears western/cowboy clothing.

Cowboy/Cowgirl - is an animal herder who tends cattle on ranches in North America, traditionally on horseback, and often performs a multitude of other task.

I love a women in jeans.

Old 03-19-2010, 01:20 PM

I had a full-time job during the week, but come the weekend it was time to pick up the rope bag and head to either the rodeo arena or the Jackpot arena. At that time, I lived in So Calif and there were numerous rodeo's going on! I met my wife thru a Personal Ad that I had placed/she read and she knew from the get-go that I was into rodeo a lot. The first time we met in a local restaurant, we both looked like we were headed to a rodeo......minus the ropes, horse and trailer, that is. In fact, our Honeymoon was spent in Las Vegas when the Cope-Skoal Finals were there.
Actually, I think it takes a really special type of man or woman to date/get involved with someone in rodeo. Lucky for me, she was that "really special type"!! Those rodeo days are gone now, but have plenty of photos/video of those great times. Still have our boots, hats, my old ropes and still wear Wrangler jeans often.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships