Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 12:24 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,114,593 times

Advertisements

Gosh, I guess was in a better dating pool back then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2010, 01:11 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,009,043 times
CESpeed, I know exactly what you mean. There are certain people and threads here that are dismissive of single people and suggest that we must all be doing something wrong if we're not in a relationship.

Granted, there are some tales of singlehood woe that the usual suspects post continually that indicate they have "issues," but the rest of us are just doing the best we can to navigate the often-choppy waters of dating. The accusations of a few of the "smug marrieds" aren't helpful and I don't know what they get out of making them. Perhaps they're not really happily married? I dunno.

Old 03-20-2010, 01:15 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,260,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
Gosh, I guess was in a better dating pool back then.
LOL...nah...every one get a spell of crap sorting. I guess its your turn. I would say have fun because its is fun when its good. But for now, just laugh....thats what I did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQOJY4NXYzM

Old 03-20-2010, 01:15 PM

2,058 posts, read 3,304,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Jason I just met you today and I LIKE YOU!!!-LOL

OMG, are hitting every single dating nail on tne head and It's so funny. I never understood when woman made that dumb statement about if they really wanted sex they could call someone. I DON"T NEED TO KNOW THAT SILLY?NASTY SH*T-lol

Jason you rock
SHE SAID THAT BECAUSE HE SPECIFICALLY STATED THAT HE BELIEVES SHE ISN'T GETTING ANY, not just for fun or to brag. yeesh. Jason does not rock. He started an arguement with the OP completely unrelated to this thread then threw in a bunch of reasons why he was right from a different (also unrelated) thread.

Old 03-20-2010, 01:27 PM

147 posts, read 296,644 times
I think people in relationships (happy ones) realize that neither they or their partners are perfect and yet they came together in perfect harmony. If we can do it other people can, too! I don't have anything special going for me that a single person doesn't necessarily!

Old 03-20-2010, 01:37 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,528,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
Yes but the longer you are away from the dating scene the harder it is to relate to what others are going through. And dating now is a lot different than 5 - 10 years ago.

The dating scene may be different today, but people are still people. What used to "sell" still does: character, trustworthiness, humor, honesty.

Old 03-20-2010, 01:46 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,383,328 times
meh, people have worse problems.

Old 03-20-2010, 02:01 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,071,618 times
I remember being very single and very lonely. I wasted a lot of time from my mid-teens on wishing to be part of a couple, having someone LOVE me to the point that getting As and Bs and having fun was not enough.

I never felt complete without a relationship. Like something was wrong with me. I was always chasing guys, the wrong guys, married guys, and never had a real relationship until I met my husband. I dated people for a few dates, I felt major rejection from the guys I really liked and so on.

Some of us have been there, done that. I know how hard it is to find the right person. I just feel like I wasted a lot of time obsessing about 'how wonderful' being in a couple would be instead of just 'living my life.'

Old 03-20-2010, 04:09 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,114,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
I remember being very single and very lonely. I wasted a lot of time from my mid-teens on wishing to be part of a couple, having someone LOVE me to the point that getting As and Bs and having fun was not enough.

I never felt complete without a relationship. Like something was wrong with me. I was always chasing guys, the wrong guys, married guys, and never had a real relationship until I met my husband. I dated people for a few dates, I felt major rejection from the guys I really liked and so on.

Some of us have been there, done that. I know how hard it is to find the right person. I just feel like I wasted a lot of time obsessing about 'how wonderful' being in a couple would be instead of just 'living my life.'
Exactly. Thank you for getting it.

Old 03-20-2010, 09:19 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,513,908 times
Some are just status symbol oriented, and their marriage is part of the whole deal. It really isn't about you as much as them going on about how great they have it. But many times, the ones talking loudest about how great their lives are...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships