U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 09:45 PM

90 posts, read 153,600 times

Advertisements

Ok, I'm 24 years old (tomorrow!) And I've never been in a serious relationship. It's starting to become depressing. I've dated several guys, one for almost a year (but he wasn't ready for "labels" or a serious relationship after breaking up with his ex). It's starting to get to me, what is wrong with me that I can't get into a normal, committed relationship? I'm not unattractive, not even close, so I know that's not the problem. I'm not a b****, or maybe I am and just don't realize it. But I really don't think that stops men from pursuing women. Or maybe it's because I'm NOT a b**** and that's my problem, lol.

I keep getting guys who don't want to be in serious relationships (with me or in general..I don't really know). I don't know if its where I live or what. I have one year left of college living in hell (Fort Myers, FL) and then I can move back home to Fort Lauderdale, which seems to have a bigger selection of men. But I'm not sure location really matters either. I'm just looking for some honesty, is it weird that I haven't been in a "real" relationship at my age? Should I even be worrying about something like this right now? It's a lonely feeling, and I don't know how to approach solving this problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2010, 09:56 PM

5,879 posts, read 7,690,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkir386 View Post
Ok, I'm 24 years old (tomorrow!) And I've never been in a serious relationship. It's starting to become depressing. I've dated several guys, one for almost a year (but he wasn't ready for "labels" or a serious relationship after breaking up with his ex). It's starting to get to me, what is wrong with me that I can't get into a normal, committed relationship? I'm not unattractive, not even close, so I know that's not the problem. I'm not a b****, or maybe I am and just don't realize it. But I really don't think that stops men from pursuing women. Or maybe it's because I'm NOT a b**** and that's my problem, lol.

I keep getting guys who don't want to be in serious relationships (with me or in general..I don't really know). I don't know if its where I live or what. I have one year left of college living in hell (Fort Myers, FL) and then I can move back home to Fort Lauderdale, which seems to have a bigger selection of men. But I'm not sure location really matters either. I'm just looking for some honesty, is it weird that I haven't been in a "real" relationship at my age? Should I even be worrying about something like this right now? It's a lonely feeling, and I don't know how to approach solving this problem.
I wish I was still 24!!! Don't worry about it, you have plenty of time. Do you want to get into something really serious at your age or have some fun first? Also after graduating you might want to get started and established in your new job first!

Old 03-19-2010, 09:58 PM

42,837 posts, read 77,132,636 times
No, you're just unfortunate to be young during weird times. And they're only bound to become even more bizarre...

Old 03-19-2010, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
No, you're just unfortunate to be young during weird times. And they're only bound to become even more bizarre...
Well I hope that is the case..

Old 03-19-2010, 10:38 PM

548 posts, read 1,078,800 times
I'm 25 and my first relationship wasn't until i was 23. Going out helps, I realized that you have to gain social energy to pursue dates.

Old 03-19-2010, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYchi View Post
I'm 25 and my first relationship wasn't until i was 23. Going out helps, I realized that you have to gain social energy to pursue dates.
Sometimes I feel like that could be a part of my problem right now, sometimes I'm in the mood to be around people and have a great time and many times I would just rather stay home. Not conducive to meeting people!

Old 03-20-2010, 01:29 AM

548 posts, read 1,078,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkir386 View Post
Sometimes I feel like that could be a part of my problem right now, sometimes I'm in the mood to be around people and have a great time and many times I would just rather stay home. Not conducive to meeting people!
I'm in the same boat and I know that sailing is more comfortable, but we can sail to the shore, get out of that boat and TRY to mingle with those on the sand...

Old 03-20-2010, 04:18 AM

1,368 posts, read 1,627,660 times
True love is not something you look for....it blind-sides you like a freight train when you least expect it.

Old 03-20-2010, 05:46 AM

6,764 posts, read 19,288,837 times
Sometimes you just don't click with people. It means you aren't supposed to be in a relationship right now.

You'd be surprised about life. I was single at 25 then married by 26.

Try to focus on other things. Improve yourself, enjoy being free to do what you want.

There is no 'life time line.'

Old 03-20-2010, 07:23 AM

1,237 posts, read 2,879,616 times
I wouldn't worry about it. Worrying and dwelling on it won't help anything. Plus, if you're always on the lookout for something serious...you'll miss out on the immediate fun. And guys may be able to pick up on your need/want for a serious relationship - probably sooner than they are ready to commit to that.

I don't think it's unusual for someone at 24 to be experiencing what you are. Just roll with it and have fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships