Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 03:01 AM

10,203 posts, read 17,801,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by recuerdeme View Post
I would say 2 years should be the max. Anything more and it's just not a real relationship. Or better said the people in the relationship don't actually want to be with the other, as in live together. I couldn't fathom not being able to get together after 2 years someone should be able to move. Whats first love or everything else? I choose love.

Plus I would probably go crazy from anxiousness and doubt. I guess I need a hug and a kiss etc, on a regular basis so that I can feel that things are ok. I need contact and most people do.
I'll never understand people's insistence to impose their own beliefs on other couples. What works - or doesn't work - for you is not necessarily what works or doesn't work for everyone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2010, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
We're most likely a different breed.
And thank God for that.

Old 03-23-2010, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
Yea, LDR are totally unnatural as they are only kept alive through artificial means like cell phones, skype and the internet. The moment that technology fails so will the relationship.
Well, unless the end of the world occurs, I find it hard to believe our internet and phones would fail permanently all at the same time. I can assure you there was nothing "unnatural" about our LDR - for crying out loud, we're married now! lol, obviously something worked and you cynical people can argue all you want, it doesn't change the facts of our relationship.

Old 03-23-2010, 05:53 PM

45 posts, read 78,872 times
not asking about if the LD relationship works. a guy could be f***ing around and the relationship can still work. let's stick to the topic please aha. i do agree that everyone has their own needs, but I'm definitely a creature of contact too... but not to the point to go cheat... but i'm a girl too. so who knows. like some of you said, i guess you just gotta take the plunge and have faith in someone.

Old 04-15-2010, 11:51 AM

2,066 posts, read 4,328,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA2UK View Post
I'll never understand people's insistence to impose their own beliefs on other couples. What works - or doesn't work - for you is not necessarily what works or doesn't work for everyone else.
Different strokes for different folks, but it still stands that if you can't get together after 2 years its because you don't want to.

Old 04-15-2010, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by recuerdeme View Post
Different strokes for different folks, but it still stands that if you can't get together after 2 years its because you don't want to.
Fortunately, your opinion is not fact.

Old 04-15-2010, 01:49 PM

2,058 posts, read 3,298,832 times
It's not "working" if one of them wants to meet and one of them is putting it off. Especially for a long time, like 2 years.

Old 04-15-2010, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsong64 View Post
It's not "working" if one of them wants to meet and one of them is putting it off. Especially for a long time, like 2 years.
I don't think we're talking about 2 years without meeting, we're talking about 2 years until the long distance comes to an end and the couple reside locally. It sounds like you're talking about an internet relationship where the couple have not yet meet in person... that's not what this topic is about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships