Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 10:28 PM

942 posts, read 2,583,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl View Post
Its my decision and my choice. The choice makes sense in my head. Who are you to tell me how to feel, think and judge? Have a little respect, please. And I'm not Christian.

Sorry about the Christian part I read KayKays post and thought it was an addition to yours and found it a little contradicting, thats why I added it after reviewing my mistake; I apologize.

As for my post .... I stand by it. That is also MY OPINION. I am NOT telling you how to feel or think that is totally up to you, I am just adding that in that situation I would pick my child and you are probably the FIRST mother I have heard say they would pick their husband because they could always have more children. It just seemed very disposable to me. Just my opinion, you are also entitled to yours, that is what this forum is all about.

Old 06-05-2007, 10:38 PM

Smerkygirl, I just saw in the relationship thread under the post "personal question" that you are not even married and your saying you'd save your imaginary husband before your child??? Disregard everything I have said, this has been a waste.

Old 06-06-2007, 01:59 AM

14,229 posts, read 30,019,975 times
Almost all the women I know are all about the kids. But the happiest women I know strive for balance. They work at being great moms but their relationships also remain a priority. I think these are the women with the best kids too. The kids grew up knowing they were loved and important but they also knew they couldn't be number one all the time.

Old 06-06-2007, 05:30 AM

1,942 posts, read 8,488,979 times
My relationship-marriage, is a priority. So is my job. So are my parents, grandparents and other family. So are my children.

As a mother, I could NEVER say that I would save my husband first because I can always have more children. NO YOU CAN NOT. You can NEVER have another child like the one you lost. I don't care if you can have 50 more children. Not ONE of them will be the same as the child you lost. Every child is different-has a special trait, personaility about them. If I lost my Zachary, no matter if I had more children, not one of them would be like him. You can't substitute children with another child. IMO, that's a crazy notion.

Can't we get another husband? People get other husbands/wives all the time-it's called divorce and remarrying. Of course, some people might think that was a crazy notion.

When you made the choice to become a parent, you made the choice to be responsible for that child for the rest of your life, even when he isn't a child anymore. The child didn't ask to come into this world, therefore it wasn't his choice. It was yours, and your responsibility. My children will always, always, always come first....within reason.

Keeping a happy balance with a relationship/marriage is putting the children first too...as they will have a happy homelife. In that respect, all things should be even. life or death matter....spouse who isn't ready anymore to be a parent...see ya.

Old 06-06-2007, 07:57 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,263,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Dust View Post
Smerkygirl, I just saw in the relationship thread under the post "personal question" that you are not even married and your saying you'd save your imaginary husband before your child??? Disregard everything I have said, this has been a waste.
Yes, it also occurred to me that Smerkygrl might not actually be a mother yet. The fact is that the instinctual drive a mother has to protect her child is very, very strong and it's difficult to even comprehend that totally until you have experienced it first-hand. And really a father's is too. As some have pointed out, in this hypothetical "drowning" scenario, they said their husband would also say save the child and my husband would have said that too.

Old 06-06-2007, 10:14 AM

2,267 posts, read 3,295,611 times
I suspected Smerky had no children when I read that comment...

Husbands are replaceable...children are not.

Old 06-06-2007, 10:33 AM

After further evaluating the situation and reading other threads posted by her, it appears she doesn't have children.

What the statement reminded me of was a few years back; the young mother that put her kids in the car and dumped them out into a body of water and then said someone hijacked the car. Cant remember the girls name but I think it was in Oklahoma. She had everyone searching for the kids all becuase she wanted to start anew with her new boyfriend. I dont know why but thats the mental image I got when reading the post.

Last edited by Pixie Dust; 06-06-2007 at 10:57 AM..

Old 06-06-2007, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Dust View Post
After further evaluating the situation and reading other threads posted by her, it appears she doesn't have children.

What the statement reminded me of was a few years back; the young mother that put her kids in the car and out them into a body if water anf then said someone hujacked the car. Cant remember the girls name but I think it was in Oklahoma. She had everyone searching for the kids all becuase she wanted to start anew with her new boyfriend. I dont know why but thats the mental image I got when reading the post.
I think her name was Smith...

Old 06-06-2007, 10:39 AM

2,482 posts, read 8,730,791 times
Impressive. Last time I checked, the OP was asking what "you" would do and what your opinion was. I gave my opinion. Do I have children? No. Am I married? No. Is that how I feel? yes and really, its quite rude of you to insinuate that I am wrong in how I feel. Perhaps that'll change over the years. Perhaps not. But the funny thing is, this thread isn't even about me. So let's not make it so with the personality analysis and gossip, mmkay?

Old 06-06-2007, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl View Post
Impressive. Last time I checked, the OP was asking what "you" would do and what your opinion was. I gave my opinion. Do I have children? No. Am I married? No. Is that how I feel? yes and really, its quite rude of you to insinuate that I am wrong in how I feel. Perhaps that'll change over the years. Perhaps not. But the funny thing is, this thread isn't even about me. So let's not make it so with the personality analysis and gossip, mmkay?

Whether you want to believe it or not, having a child changes you...AND I hope for your childs sake, your attitude will change on this subject once you have a child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships