Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 08:42 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,635,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
Considering that most men take all the risk in modern marriage, it might be enlightening for some women to see what those who are paying the tariff really are willing to settle for.
All the risk? I wouldn't go that far. A woman takes some pretty big risks too. She could marry some guy who cheats on her and passes on an incurable STD to her. She could marry a guy who decides to be a lousy father to their kids after the divorce. Sure the law may force him to pay alimony and child support. But she's still stuck with him in her life and the lives of her kids.

Old 03-24-2010, 09:17 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,161,082 times
Alright, here's my MUST HAVES as I'm extremely picky about the women I show interest in, and they must have all of the things I list here if I am ever to be in a relationship with them:

1. Must have a vag, plain and simple, no vag = no sex = no fun
2. Must NOT have the other sex organ
3. All limbs and body parts must be in place, fully developed, and operational. Vital organs like heart, liver, kidney are also a must.
4. Must speak English. I speak English, and I find it difficult to communicate well with someone who doesn't.
5. Must be born and from this planet. If they were conceived some other way that would make them immortal or alien in some form I just don't think I can handle it at that point.
6. Must breathe air. Again, this may fall into the alien category, but breathing air is essential to daily life here on this planet, and I figure it's the most common activity we can share as we would both be doing it all the time.
7. Must wear clothes. I like girls who dress well, low cut tops, tight jeans, boots, etc, but it's not a requirement to dress that way: but having some clothes on and not being naked in public is a must. Side note: being naked all the time in the confines of your home is ok.

Call me picky or pretentious, but that's just what I look for in a potential mate. Maybe I'm too harsh or need to tone it down a little?

Old 03-24-2010, 09:56 AM

3,486 posts, read 5,682,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
Call me picky or pretentious, but that's just what I look for in a potential mate. Maybe I'm too harsh or need to tone it down a little?
So if she wears her hair in a buzz cut, that would be okay with you? How about a bad case of acne? Rotten teeth? A drug habit? A homicide conviction? It's so refreshing to see someone who doesn't care about any of that unimportant, trivial stuff.

Old 03-24-2010, 10:06 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,296,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
"If you want to be happy for the rest of your life..."
..."never make a pretty woman your wife..."? LOL!

Funny thing about that is how many people I know married the good-looking and not so good-looking ones and ended up with an ugly, "Big Bertha" in the end anyways.

Marry someone with good genes. Someone who eats like a horse, but has a metab of a humming bird!!

Old 03-24-2010, 12:47 PM

951 posts, read 1,810,523 times
Trying to find a woman who has it together and is interested in any man other than the top 10 percentile almost makes list making redundant.

What I'd like to see is the list making women list what they have to offer in return!

Old 03-24-2010, 12:51 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,130,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyShouldIWorry View Post
Trying to find a woman who has it together and is interested in any man other than the top 10 percentile almost makes list making redundant.
Sounds to me as if you're also looking at the top 10 percentile. Why wouldn't women do the same again...?

Old 03-24-2010, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
So if she wears her hair in a buzz cut, that would be okay with you? How about a bad case of acne? Rotten teeth? A drug habit? A homicide conviction? It's so refreshing to see someone who doesn't care about any of that unimportant, trivial stuff.
Ok, I'll play this game...

The question isn't whether "I" would be okay with those things....the question is "would any normal person" be okay with those things about a woman.

I'm just trying to make a funny point that I don't have a list of requirements written down somewhere that I need to have from someone or they need to be, but I have expectations that I feel fall in line with that of an average hetero male, which really aren't many things outside the norm.

Some women have expectations and lists that are just plain unrealistic.

Old 03-24-2010, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Ok, I'll play this game...

The question isn't whether "I" would be okay with those things....the question is "would any normal person" be okay with those things about a woman.

I'm just trying to make a funny point that I don't have a list of requirements written down somewhere that I need to have from someone or they need to be, but I have expectations that I feel fall in line with that of an average hetero male, which really aren't many things outside the norm.

Some women have expectations and lists that are just plain unrealistic.
Have you actually seen a single written list that a woman consults to remind herself what she is looking for? Because I sure haven't.

Also, you avoided my question. Basically, what you are saying "normal" hetero males have certain requirements that aren't "on the list" -- but they are requirements nonetheless, which we distinguish by calling them "expectations". Well, in that case, your hypothetical non-existent woman with 500 requirements can claim that only five of those requirements are real requirements and the rest are "expectations". Bottom line is, you don't just want the things that you listed. As I recall you once said that you absolutely wouldn't date a woman with short hair. I'd venture a guess you also wouldn't date a drug addict, a murderer, or someone whose face looks like the surface of the Moon on fire. In other words, it's clear your real list -- even if you don't have an actual, physical list -- is quite a bit longer than you claim.

Old 03-24-2010, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
Have you actually seen a single written list that a woman consults to remind herself what she is looking for? Because I sure haven't.

Also, you avoided my question. Basically, what you are saying "normal" hetero males have certain requirements that aren't "on the list" -- but they are requirements nonetheless, which we distinguish by calling them "expectations". Well, in that case, your hypothetical non-existent woman with 500 requirements can claim that only five of those requirements are real requirements and the rest are "expectations". Bottom line is, you don't just want the things that you listed. As I recall you once said that you absolutely wouldn't date a woman with short hair. I'd venture a guess you also wouldn't date a drug addict, a murderer, or someone whose face looks like the surface of the Moon on fire. In other words, it's clear your real list -- even if you don't have an actual, physical list -- is quite a bit longer than you claim.
Nope, it's not. I'm pretty open minded and have dated a good variance worth of women. I've dated women from all physical builds (a little bigger, big, small, average) to varied personalities (book worms, party girls, sporty girls, prudish girls). Based on the NORM, meaning she wouldn't turn heads in a negative manner while walking down the street and everything is there physically (including their hair) then I really don't have requirements.

Old 03-24-2010, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Nope, it's not. I'm pretty open minded and have dated a good variance worth of women. I've dated women from all physical builds (a little bigger, big, small, average) to varied personalities (book worms, party girls, sporty girls, prudish girls). Based on the NORM, meaning she wouldn't turn heads in a negative manner while walking down the street and everything is there physically (including their hair) then I really don't have requirements.
Again, you are avoiding the issue Of course everybody has a range of what they like. But you still have many more expectations than you put on that list. Of course, you are trying to be cute by lumping many of those expectations into "not turning heads in a negative manner". Nice try.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.