Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 12:26 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,154,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
paying the the meal is cheap its the drink tab that can get out of hand.
other than 1drink for dinner the gal that wants an open bar tab smoking is the gal not to date.
You touched on a very good point.

Note to men: if you plan on paying for the drink tab, which you should, she probably knows this. If she's ordering top shelf vodka drinks for herself then she probably has no class, unless she insists on splitting the bill at the end. A classy girl, on the first date, will stick to beer. This is because she will know that the drink isn't important, it's just a means to a time to get to know the person she's with, not to get an expensive drink on some other guy's dime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2010, 12:27 AM

19,045 posts, read 25,151,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparksharp View Post
Oh I CAN be snarky...but I actually haven't started yet. Want me too? Perhaps you oughta take cover first though.

By the way, isn't it past your bedtime?

PS. You're dismissed.
LOL You don't even know which poster is saying what as you go along with your silly accusations. Should I take cover from your confusion? I'm not worried about virtual osmosis to be clear, so no worries here. But, feel free to keep up with childish antics. Whatever floats your boat.

Old 03-28-2010, 12:28 AM

1,208 posts, read 1,828,043 times
Quote:
A classy girl, on the first date, will stick to beer.
lololololololololio;!!! Oh my God...this is the funniest thing I've read all night! lolololololol!!!!!

Old 03-28-2010, 12:56 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,622,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
paying the the meal is cheap its the drink tab that can get out of hand.
other than 1drink for dinner the gal that wants an open bar tab smoking is the gal not to date.
Here is a case of age. If they are young, out for a good time...drinks can add up. If they are more mature, and just want to have a drink, over dinner, thats fine.
I still stand by my saying....the guy should pay, unless...they have just recently met, or its just a friends thing.

Old 03-28-2010, 09:28 AM

37,495 posts, read 45,798,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
You touched on a very good point.

Note to men: if you plan on paying for the drink tab, which you should, she probably knows this. If she's ordering top shelf vodka drinks for herself then she probably has no class, unless she insists on splitting the bill at the end. A classy girl, on the first date, will stick to beer. This is because she will know that the drink isn't important, it's just a means to a time to get to know the person she's with, not to get an expensive drink on some other guy's dime.
I totally disagree. I consider myself very classy. I don't drink wine OR beer. And IF I am going to order an alcoholic beverage, it WILL usually be a call liquor. Has nothing to do trying to spend the most money. If I am going to drink, I won't spend my money, or anyone else's either, on something that I don't like.

Old 03-28-2010, 10:27 AM

20,629 posts, read 19,289,703 times
cdubs3201,

Aside from all the off topic what should a modern woman do, which is in a way fascinating to watch, what they say they want is irrelevant. Take your girlfriend out on dates, not women who are not your girlfriend. A man engaging in bonding behavior easily is like a woman who jumps into bed easily. You are better off being an acquaintance and having having contact with several women in the same way. Some men of course are looking for a lay, but its works the same way for LTR hunting. Don't waste money making yourself look like a sucker. Once she looks at you with adoring eyes (if you don't know this look you should immediately increase your circulation because you don't know jack) then you can go ahead and provide. However if she is "dating around", not a penny. Are you really going to drop a $100 on a girl who might be in the back seat with another guy tomorrow?

Be A Pick Up Artist (PUA) - Don't Buy A Woman A Drink At The Bar (http://ezinearticles.com/?Be-A-Pick-Up-Artist-(PUA)---Dont-Buy-A-Woman-A-Drink-At-The-Bar&id=1001738 - broken link)

Old 03-28-2010, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post

Be A Pick Up Artist (PUA) - Don't Buy A Woman A Drink At The Bar (http://ezinearticles.com/?Be-A-Pick-Up-Artist-(PUA)---Dont-Buy-A-Woman-A-Drink-At-The-Bar&id=1001738 - broken link)
That's just great, gwyn. Couldn't get through the first paragraph with out a good laugh. How claims can be made regarding women being illogical coming from the band of brother ninnies I don't know. The continued contradictions and irrational assertions made on this forum every day by PUAs is so cartoonish.

Old 03-28-2010, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
That's just great, gwyn. Couldn't get through the first paragraph with out a good laugh. How claims can be made regarding women being illogical coming from the band of brother ninnies I don't know. The continued contradictions and irrational assertions made on this forum every day by PUAs is so cartoonish.

Hi Braunwyn,

People are not logical. That you imply they are is irrational. I rarely meet people who are fundamentally logical, rational or who have much discipline or self control. Would one find this trait concentrated in young women? I have also explained PUA is simply applied evolutionary psychology. You don't think a bunch of bar flys are behind it do you? I rejected the British school of John Lock, blank slate humanity long ago as abject nonsense. If you wish to champion its defense, I look forward to it. It really could use it.

I guess you disagree with it, but responding with moral apprehension and invectives? That is irrational. For shame.

Old 03-28-2010, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi Braunwyn,

People are not logical. That you imply they are is irrational.
Your article specifically notes that women are illogical, implying that the men that read this article are. Be clear, I'm not the one implying anyone is logical. I laughed at the suggestion.

Quote:
I rarely meet people who are fundamentally logical, rational or who have much discipline or self control. Would one find this trait concentrated in young women? I have also explained PUA is simply applied evolutionary psychology. You don't think a bunch of bar flys are behind it do you? I rejected the British school of John Lock, blank slate humanity long ago as abject nonsense. If you wish to champion its defense, I look forward to it. It really could use it.

I guess you disagree with it, but responding with moral apprehension and invectives? That is irrational. For shame.
Why not take off those colored glasses when reading posts, gwyn?

Regarding the PUA that permeates CD - I'm sorry, but no amount of dreamy/fluffy rhetoric translates to reality. It's not going to make these guys taller, better looking, younger, or better educated. It's not going to manifest the stripper or the physician by day/glamor model by night pre-selection fantasy. It's absurd and simply amounts to internet chatter, nothing more.

Old 03-28-2010, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Your article specifically notes that women are illogical, implying that the men that read this article are. Be clear, I'm not the one implying anyone is logical. I laughed at the suggestion.
Greeting Braunwyn,

Men interested in women should consider the logic of men?

Quote:
Why not take off those colored glasses when reading posts, gwyn?
Cliche's and anecdotes make me sleepy. I feel like I need a swig gamay to cut the turkey gravy.

Quote:
Regarding the PUA that permeates CD - I'm sorry, but no amount of dreamy/fluffy rhetoric translates to reality. It's not going to make these guys taller, better looking, younger, or better educated. It's not going to manifest the stripper or the physician by day/glamor model by night pre-selection fantasy. It's absurd and simply amounts to internet chatter, nothing more.
Once again women, by all accounts, view physical beauty in lower regard than do men which means status and personality. I regard that as a priori. The way a man acts betrays his standing in life. Let me see a woman without make up.

What is absurd is you just keep repeating an opinion as if it has any meaning at all. I am answering the OP per his request.

Using introductory words like 'sorry' into a phrase is an aggressive affectation to alter the frame with an emotive process which is using the same principle you deride. Its not pure argument. That is very amusing to me.

It sounds like :
"Sorry", I am not buying you a drink.

Hardy har, har, yuck, yuck, yuck, I am laughing this up.

As i have said, I like you. You are consistent with your beliefs, and you have a good heart. Being incorrect does not change my high opinion of you. You are just cruelly bound to the blank slate theory of humanity like on a board of floating flotsam from the wreckage of its floundering ship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships