Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 03:11 PM

191 posts, read 349,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Some guys just get tired of eating Filet Mignon every day, every so often they want a burger or sloppy joe.

I like this, great way to put it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2010, 03:12 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,683,751 times
Quote:
Some guys just get tired of eating Filet Mignon every day, every so often they want a burger or sloppy joe.
Is it okay for girls to feel this way?

Old 03-25-2010, 03:12 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,524,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUINER_SR4 View Post
I like this, great way to put it.
Lol, he got the sloppy part right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
I highly doubt anyone here implied that.

Old 03-25-2010, 03:13 PM

191 posts, read 349,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post

I know how you's kids like 'em shlopppy! /lunchlady from Billy Madison.

Old 03-25-2010, 03:14 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,778,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
So long as it's not sloppy seconds.

Old 03-25-2010, 03:15 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,778,598 times
Quote:
Where did I say it was ok? I'm offering possible explanations to their behavior.

Old 03-25-2010, 03:18 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterprise View Post
JJ is spot on, beautiful often have the behaviour problems. This woman, Nicola, who I was interested in taking out was gorgeous, but her attitude was so bad that she stopped contact with me because she assumed wrongly that my interest in her was for sex and sex only!

Woman are strange creatures, most wrongly believe that all men want to bang them sex ways from Sunday.
Well, I didn't say they often have issues, and I gave gender-neutral examples. I'm not saying that the women the OP mentioned deserved to be cheated on or that they are bad wives. Sometimes the person who cheats is just a scandalous, opportunistic pig of a person. That happens too.

I was just addressing the attitude that being good-looking and successful is all a person has to be to catch a mate and keep him or her.

Old 03-25-2010, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Can't say what goes on in the minds of these men, but as already mentioned, stunning good looks aren't enough to sustain a relationship. Especially if your partner is already prone to promiscuity. Some guys just get tired of eating Filet Mignon every day, every so often they want a burger or sloppy joe. Some may have realized that they married someone who only married them for their fame and fortune and figure it would be cheaper to screw around then to give up half their fortune in a divorce, not realizing that once they get caught they're going to lose more than just half their crap. They lose endorsements and contracts too. There's no one answer that fits all.
As bad as I feel about it...well no, actually I don't give a crap anymore, but I've done this very thing. Sans the whole "high profile part".

My ex was very good looking, and after about 2 years I became un-attracted and disconnected, so to speak. And I was/am immature and I fooled around. Did I learn a lesson? Yes. Is it a genuine feeling some guys will inevitably have to fight, probably for the rest of their lives? Yes.

I just think some people may get whatever they want, but it leaves them feeling like they want something different.

Old 03-25-2010, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUINER_SR4 View Post
I know how you's kids like 'em shlopppy! /lunchlady from Billy Madison.
LMAO!

YouTube - Sloppy Joes! - Billy Madison

Old 03-25-2010, 03:23 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,266,919 times
Quote:
Frankly, I find the whole "trash" metaphor to be dehumanizing.

And also, all of this "justification" about how "beautiful women" can be "vain" and blah, blah, blah, like it is the spouse's fault someone cheated is absolutely disgusting.

When people cheat, it is a sign that something is wrong in the marriage. The person who cheats has needs that aren't being met and should therefore talk to his or her spouse about it. It's a team effort. If, after counseling and so on, the other spouse fails to meet those needs, then the unhappy person should have the self-respect to leave. In the end, the responsibility for cheating falls on the cheater, not the spouse he or she cheated on. They're big boys and girls. They can control their own actions.

So why do they do it? Because they are cowards who don't have the courage to leave. Kids, position, money--none of that is a good excuse for the dishonesty, self-destructiveness, and self-degradation of cheating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships