U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 01:37 PM

30,939 posts, read 19,169,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Oh jeepers. Thank you for gracing this Earth with your presence.

This is so bizarre. If a new person signed up to post this...they'd be crucified as entitled, selfish and plain *****y. But if they are in the Good Ol' Boys club, bad behavior is just simply encouraged. You guys are not doing "friends" any behavior by kissing their butts and telling them they are awesome. Quite frankly, you've been going running every night for a reason. And only the "weirdos" are contacting you...because that's all you attract.
JSizzle, I have known Tropical for quite a while on here and she is a pretty cool, down to earth person. We all have our flaws <raises hand> and the reason she runs is that she likes it and it's her exercise of choice.

In short, I have been here for two years or so and I think when you get to know Trop better you may find she's allright.

Frankly, she and I have exchanged advice on a number of topics and not always agreed....some of the BEST advice on here is people making you look at things from different angles. (Sierra is one of the best for this.)

In fact, I think your post is great. I might disagree with it knowing trop a bit better but I LIKE the fact that we can have some differing viewpoints that aren't intended to make our *friends* happy.

P.S. you are full of crap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2010, 03:14 PM

22,498 posts, read 27,103,596 times
Just waded through the whole thread and it does sound as though this man is a little off kilter. I find it particularly disturbing that he's shown no interest in TT as far as her job or her travels are concerned. Communication is a two way street and his lack of interest strikes me as very self-centered. He sounds a little controlling and humorless and would probably be a very boring date! Good luck anyway!

Old 03-28-2010, 05:47 PM

2,144 posts, read 2,588,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
JSizzle, I have known Tropical for quite a while on here and she is a pretty cool, down to earth person. We all have our flaws <raises hand> and the reason she runs is that she likes it and it's her exercise of choice.

In short, I have been here for two years or so and I think when you get to know Trop better you may find she's allright.

Frankly, she and I have exchanged advice on a number of topics and not always agreed....some of the BEST advice on here is people making you look at things from different angles. (Sierra is one of the best for this.)

In fact, I think your post is great. I might disagree with it knowing trop a bit better but I LIKE the fact that we can have some differing viewpoints that aren't intended to make our *friends* happy.

P.S. you are full of crap.

Thanks MG.

I haven't written the guy back and don't plan to at this point. He hasn't expressed any real interest, and seems a bit too arrogant for my tastes. Confidence is great, but not when you go overboard with it.

Old 03-28-2010, 09:22 PM

18,291 posts, read 17,657,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post

Thanks MG.

I haven't written the guy back and don't plan to at this point. He hasn't expressed any real interest, and seems a bit too arrogant for my tastes. Confidence is great, but not when you go overboard with it.
I agree TT. His last emails are really off-putting. I'd fahgetabout him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships