Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 08:45 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by J'aimeDesVilles View Post
Do I sense a Control Freak?

Ya think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2012, 09:26 AM

837 posts, read 1,287,520 times
Of course he can. If his wife isn't okay with that, she can file for divorce. I'm sure he would be better off without a possessive psycho.

Old 11-21-2012, 10:17 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
Why not?

Old 11-21-2012, 07:45 PM

1,549 posts, read 2,583,412 times
Of course, my husband is out having beers with one or two of his female friends right now. He invited me, but I have to be up early to run a 10k Turkey Run tomorrow, so I'm sipping a glass of wine or two and going to bed early. I'm just glad he has friends!

Old 11-22-2012, 10:09 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,107,360 times
Default Can a married man have a female friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Opposite-gender friendships or interaction (non-physical) creates a lot of insecurities in relationships. I'm speaking from experience.

Speaking from experience.huh? Then I pity you! You have a lot of insecurities only if you or your wife is super jealous. I too speak from experience. I have both married and single female friends and my wife could care less. Some of them are also her friends and some of them are not, but she knows none of them are going to run off with me. She doesn't own me, and she knows that. If she didn't trust me explicitly she wouldn't be married to me in the first place. It works both ways, I trust her also. Like I said, I pity you.

Old 11-22-2012, 10:14 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
No- a married man has but one friend in the world- his wife..other females are associates...when people are in high school they have "friends" - when they are mature adults they have a thing called family...they don't need friends...when a person becomes involved with a friend that is of the opposite sex...it takes away some of the emotion that should be spent on his or her spouse...and that emotional wealth ends up with strangers...You don't share your bank account with strangers nor do you share your heart with them- there is a thing called total loyalty..

Old 11-22-2012, 11:04 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,057,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
Speaking from experience.huh? Then I pity you! You have a lot of insecurities only if you or your wife is super jealous. I too speak from experience. I have both married and single female friends and my wife could care less. Some of them are also her friends and some of them are not, but she knows none of them are going to run off with me. She doesn't own me, and she knows that. If she didn't trust me explicitly she wouldn't be married to me in the first place. It works both ways, I trust her also. Like I said, I pity you.
No need to pity me. I don't have female friends for reasons other than the insecurity issue. If I ever talk to a woman, it's mostly if I'm looking for directions or at the customer service.

If a man is dealing with an constant insecure girl, it's probably best to let her go. Imagine how dramatic things would turn out if they got married.

Old 11-23-2012, 03:02 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,153,262 times
A friend is a friend, gender is irelevant. To me anyway.

I have female and male friends, my wife has male and female friends. We have friends.

Old 11-23-2012, 05:10 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times
just like the men love to say: a female friend is a woman he hasn't f*cked yet. They can't even stop cheating with the women they work with......

....so good luck with that.

Old 11-23-2012, 12:41 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
I eat lunch with a married guy at work. We are work friends...I don't hang with him outside of work. But we do go on work trips together. He has a wife...he does not talk about his personal life, but he seems pretty content. She has had health issues though...

Of more concern would be if a man is carrying on online, chatting with women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships