Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 03:23 PM

548 posts, read 1,251,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carra View Post
So, while many of us are on a long dry spell you complain that you have guys over you? is that all? I wish you now had a couple of years with absolutely NO men approaching you. With that attitude, and since you don't value the opportunities you have, it's what you should get.

Wow is this why i'm being attacked?! You should move to NY quickly, because your dry spell would cease as soon as you step out of the door. trust me.

Old 03-27-2010, 03:23 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,399,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYchi View Post
Yes they do, and I think most of the female population here in New York. If you would read the article, you would understand.
I'm from the area and I won't dispute that it doesn't happen, but it's your frequency that makes me question whether you should re-evaluate yourself.

Old 03-27-2010, 03:24 PM

235 posts, read 355,965 times
Move?

Old 03-27-2010, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalker425 View Post
Try 28 years! LOL

It seems like a silly thing to complain about, but to each their own. I guess those of us who don't live in NYC just don't understand anything....

I must be in the twilight zone, harassment is a silly thing to complain about? lol

Old 03-27-2010, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray34iyf View Post
Move?
I'm in medical school so I can't just pack up and move, besides apart from this, New York is a great city.

Old 03-27-2010, 03:26 PM

29 posts, read 112,772 times
NYchi is more likely than not, non-white. Culturally, Black men and Latino men are much more aggressive when it comes to approaching women. With them, more often than not, it IS a numbers game, and they do it for sport. It is not always respectful or tasteful, like a said, it's a sport for them, and more often than not, they REALLY don't want anything. If you do happen to stop and give any one of them your phone number, they are usually more surprisedd than anyone, and probably won't even call.
It's not about her being shallow, or about her hanging out in the wrong places, because it could happen every time she steps out her door, goes to the grocery store or shopping mall, on the way to work, etc. Men are everywhere, duh.

If you don't live that life, of course you won't understand where she's coming from. A cultural standpoint can make all the difference. I've noticed that a lot in regards to this board, which is why I choose not to post often. Our realities, perspectives, and experiences are very different depending on WHO we are dating (or in this case, being approached by) CULTURALLY.

Old 03-27-2010, 03:27 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,184,275 times
Quote:
Hmmm, it really does not matter how a woman acts. Harassment is harassment. You are the type who would ask a rape victim how she acted. Women in New York are harassed for just walking down the street, minding their own business.
No, I'm not the type that would do that so, don't say such things as fact. We are not talking about women in general we are discussing you and your specific situation so let's not over generalize here. And I just told you I took a case to court for harassment and what they do isn't pleasant - so I'm not the type of person to blame the woman - we are just examing YOUR situation based on what you are saying.

Old 03-27-2010, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettywings View Post
nychi is more likely than not, non-white. Culturally, black men and latino men are much more aggressive when it comes to approaching women. With them, more often than not, it is a numbers game, and they do it for sport. It is not always respectful or tasteful, like a said, it's a sport for them, and more often than not, they really don't want anything. If you do happen to stop and give any one of them your phone number, they are usually more surprisedd than anyone, and probably won't even call.
It's not about her being shallow, or about her hanging out in the wrong places, because it could happen every time she steps out her door, goes to the grocery store or shopping mall, on the way to work, etc. Men are everywhere, duh.

If you don't live that life, of course you won't understand where she's coming from. A cultural standpoint can make all the difference. I've noticed that a lot in regards to this board, which is why i choose not to post often. Our realities, perspectives, and experiences are very different depending on who we are dating (or in this case, being approached by) culturally.

I am a black woman, but was raised in the suburbs, but thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Old 03-27-2010, 03:29 PM

404 posts, read 701,579 times
Quote:
I must be in the twilight zone, harassment is a silly thing to complain about? lol
As far as I know, just approaching a woman does not qualify as harassment. So, unless some of these men are more hostile than just trying to speak with you and ask you out then yes, it's a silly complaint. This is a natural thing to happen and you should learn to live with it.

Old 03-27-2010, 03:31 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,555,667 times
Quote:
The OP said nothing about harassment. I read it as complaining that you literally have to turn down 8 to 10 guys a day.

It's kind of like the size 2 beauty queen whining about being fat. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships