Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 09:42 AM

1,679 posts, read 2,542,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
I doubt it, this has been a belief of Christianity and other religions for centuries. It's the main reason why sex is to be reserved for marriage. It's believed that once two people have sex their souls are "married".

I am actually shocked so few people have heard of this.
I am not shocked because many people Christians or not have not heard of this. I was taught from my grandmother also and teachers of the bible. I was also told about a ritual that some females will go through to rid the different spirits from the men they slept with prior to marriage. Sex is a very intimate and spiritual act and we have to remember that it is one of the greatest gifts we can provide to our mates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2010, 12:18 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Boy i am hoping that this is not the case, and Grandma is wrong. Otherwise, i snore, badly, and my nose is singing horribly.

Old 03-30-2010, 12:29 AM

2 posts, read 5,377 times
With all due respect to your grandmother, that is just plain stupid. Sounds like one of those ridiculous old wives tales. Guess that means that Sandra Bullock and Elin Nordegren are now ruined doesnt it? They are now serial cheaters.

Why would you even bother to start a post on such a ridiculous old wives tale? Stupid. That was very disrespectful what you said about the person's grandmother. How do you dis someones grandmother and say no disrespect? I guess you don't have one so you don't respect anyone elses. very tasteless!

Old 03-30-2010, 12:31 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,852,845 times
Default When you sleep with a man you take on their spirits!

When he moves in, he brings his liquor cabinet?

Nice.

Old 03-30-2010, 12:54 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,423,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
To the OP your grandmom has some truth to what she is saying. As if you sleep with him, you are sleeping with all his previous ladies, same goes for the men. There was a commercial like this.
Oh no! Does that mean that if I sleep with a man, and give up my virginity, I will become a lesbian?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
When he moves in, he brings his liquor cabinet?

Nice.

I think that granma meant that us women develop a drinking problem.

Old 03-30-2010, 06:13 AM

19,603 posts, read 12,206,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaveno View Post
I am not shocked because many people Christians or not have not heard of this. I was taught from my grandmother also and teachers of the bible. I was also told about a ritual that some females will go through to rid the different spirits from the men they slept with prior to marriage.
Please post the ritual.

Old 03-30-2010, 07:44 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,653,909 times
I think your Gramma knows exactly what she is talking about but may have had trouble expressing her knowledge.
She loves you and doesn't want your spirit damaged in any way, shape or form.
She doesn't want you to be used and one with what she knows could be an evil spirit.
I don't know how to explain it either but I know it is true.
There are what we consider to be nice people but thay carry around evil spirits.

Old 03-30-2010, 10:06 AM

1,203 posts, read 1,982,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Mmm no I'm pretty sure that the core of the belief is exactly what she is saying. It's called "soul ties" and it happens whether there is an emotional connection, or not.

I'm not saying it's true, just that I've heard of it before.
I have a coworker who always speaks of soul ties during sex.
Which is why as cool as a person I think she is, even if I left the company I would not ever ask her out.

Old 03-30-2010, 01:33 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYchi View Post
I just talked with my grandmother and I love her dearly, but according to her, she believes that when a woman allows a man to enter them, "they are receiving every aspect of them." This was followed by, "be careful who you lay down with baby."

If this is true, this would explain a lot, but does anyone else believe this?
Is your grandma a Scientologist or Taoist? I ask because this is similar to what Scientologist believe with "spirits" being present with people. Also, some schools of Taoism believe that men and women are healthier and live longer by exchanging/joining each others "essence" (yin and yang) from making love (not orgasming - men).

Old 03-30-2010, 01:49 PM

11,758 posts, read 14,644,267 times
No such thing as spirits. This is just a nonsensical superstition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships