Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 05:09 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,157,677 times

Advertisements

Didn't read the whole thread, but it's possible he just doesn't want to risk what usually happens when women who are already in a relationship lose a ton of weight and/or get a boob job.... the women cheat or end the relationship due to the new attention they get and succumb to "grass is greener" syndrome. Happens each and every time I've seen women get a boob job who were already in a relationship or the woman was super obese and got down to a normal weight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2010, 05:19 PM

354 posts, read 616,384 times
I appologize for my previous post. Apparently it was a sorry attempt at homor.

To the OP. Your husband seems to like you the way you are. I wouldn't be worried if he finds well endowed women attractive. The fact of the matter is that he is with you.

Old 03-29-2010, 05:19 PM

1,802 posts, read 2,915,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deja Vu Again View Post
I am 40 years old and things well.... are going a bit south. I have been thinking for the past 5 years or so that at some point down the road I would like to have a boob job. Now, I have not had children so I don't have "saggy" boobs but I have NEVER been fond of their shape. I don't want HUGE boobs or anything like that. It wouldn't look good on me but maybe go one size up mostly to fix their shape. I am currently a B cup.

I have been married for 3 years now. My husband isn't a "gauker" (staring at other women) which is nice but I do get the impression he likes boobs that are larger than mine. I asked him what size boobs he preferred about 6 months into our relationship. He said "rather large"... I left it at that.

He will make small comments here and there about womens boobs. He doesn't say things like "OMG, LOOK AT THOSE KNOCKERS!" but he will say something like "she looks like she is going to fall over with her boobs" It's his way of sort of "noticing" without sounding like a complete pig.

There is this mattress commercial on TV where the woman has large boobs and is complaining that her back hurts but that her new mattress has helped and she sleeps better. Every time the commercial comes on he will say to the TV, "it's your boobs that are giving you a bad back" and then chuckles, looks at me and says "right?"

So the commercial comes on the other day and he says the same exact thing, to which I said "well, hopefully you won't say that when I get my boob job" It's my way of prepping him for what is coming one day. He knows I am only going up one size.

I said "you won't mind since you like big boobs right?" He says "just because I see a Bentley going down the street doesn't mean I necessarily want one in my driveway" This is his analogy for boobs?!?!

Then he starts raising his voice and saying "well, we don't have the money for that right now" (we are currently renovating plus he is cheap by nature) but I told him it was a personal choice and that *I* would pay for it once I go back to work. In general he started discouraging me and saying that "I was being high maintenance" and that *HE* would like to do some some stuff too like getting hair restoration (he did this once but wants to do it again) to which I said "go for it" He has this "yeah but what about me syndrome" every time I bring up something for myself.

My question is, why the Bentley analogy? Why when it comes to me getting a boob job he isn't supportive but he prefers bigger boobs?

What if the table were turned and I was using the analogy about HIS penis? How would that make him feel?

I must say, it doesn't make me feel sexy. My husband isn't one for complements either but all this makes me feel a bit inadequate.

Where is the support? Why is it ok for other women but he discourages me for my own personal choices.

Please don't say "maybe it's because he loves you just the way you are"

That's not the point and if he truly likes bigger boobs, wouldn't he benefit from me getting a boob job?

Also, just for the record, he isn't the jealous type (at least outwardly)

Thanks for any input.
Why are women becoming so obsessed with boobs... would you really want rocks attached to your body, just be thankful that you have healthy breasts. If your self esteem is a bit low at the moment go get a new hairdo and makeup, some new clothes forget about the boob job, or like others have suggested is there another reason you want this done. Remember men are men they will always look at other women it how they are.

Old 03-30-2010, 10:24 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,205,427 times
Haven't read this thread but I feel your pain! My boyfriend's eyes almost pop out of his head if a short skirted girl walks by, but if I ever wore one out in public he'd refuse to be seen with me. Meh.

Old 03-30-2010, 11:01 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,157,677 times
You all need to give this a read!

Love, sex and the male brain - CNN.com

Quote:
All that testosterone drives the "Man Trance"-- that glazed-eye look a man gets when he sees breasts. As a woman who was among the ranks of the early feminists, I wish I could say that men can stop themselves from entering this trance. But the truth is, they can't. Their visual brain circuits are always on the lookout for fertile mates. Whether or not they intend to pursue a visual enticement, they have to check out the goods.

To a man, this is the most natural response in the world, so he's dismayed by how betrayed his wife or girlfriend feels when she sees him eyeing another woman. Men look at attractive women the way we look at pretty butterflies. They catch the male brain's attention for a second, but then they flit out of his mind. Five minutes later, while we're still fuming, he's deciding whether he wants ribs or chicken for dinner. He asks us, "What's wrong?" We say, "Nothing." He shrugs and turns on the TV. We smolder and fear that he'll leave us for another woman.

Old 03-30-2010, 11:11 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,407,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post

Women who "get" this and take it in stride enjoy much happier relationships

Old 03-30-2010, 11:24 PM

7,372 posts, read 15,956,744 times
Go for something a bit understated. Maybe something like this. From certain angles, you can hardly tell she's had any enhancement.

Old 03-31-2010, 02:21 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,903,089 times
That's a pretty well written article, actually.
Pretty much says it all.

Should be a "sticky" on this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post

Old 04-02-2010, 12:45 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,122,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
Go for something a bit understated. Maybe something like this. From certain angles, you can hardly tell she's had any enhancement.
That HAS TO be doctored

Old 04-02-2010, 12:23 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,584,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
That HAS TO be doctored
I can't see enough of her face, but she could be this woman.

Maxi Mounds - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It says she's 34, but she looks about 10 years older than that to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships