Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 09:25 PM

355 posts, read 615,636 times

Advertisements

I had this argument with two beautiful women about what women actually want in their lives. I say that it’s natural that the prime desire of any woman is to feel like and be treated like a woman. It’s the same thing that men want to feel like and be treated like men. However, the only ACTUAL and SIGNIFICANT two roles that ONLY women are fit to play are a daughter and a mother. In everything else a man can replace a woman. Say, a nurse is usually a woman, but not always. A stewardess is usually a woman, but not always. A daughter is ALWAYS a woman. A mother is ALWAYS a woman. So every woman wants to be one or the other. It's been like that for centuries.
The ladies said that, well, I am wrong and it’s not 1940 anymore.

I know it’s kinda stupid for a guy to argue with women about what they want. They know themselves better. But my point of view – is the one from the side. My judgment is not clouded by feelings/emotions. So if I am wrong, please let me know how and why.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2010, 09:27 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,959,362 times
A male doctor can be replaced by a woman too... A male engineer can also be replaced by a woman. What's your point?

Old 03-30-2010, 09:28 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shkumat View Post
I had this argument with two beautiful women about what women actually want in their lives. I say that it’s natural that the prime desire of any woman is to feel like and be treated like a woman. It’s the same thing that men want to feel like and be treated like men. However, the only ACTUAL and SIGNIFICANT two roles that ONLY women are fit to play are a daughter and a mother. In everything else a man can replace a woman. Say, a nurse is usually a woman, but not always. A stewardess is usually a woman, but not always. A daughter is ALWAYS a woman. A mother is ALWAYS a woman. So every woman wants to be one or the other. It's been like that for centuries.

I know it’s kinda stupid for a guy to argue with women about what they want. They know themselves better. But my point of view – is the one from the side. My judgment is not clouded by feelings/emotions. So if I am wrong, please let me know how and why.
What if your mother gets a sex change? Yes she will always be your mother, yet not a woman anymore.

Old 03-30-2010, 09:28 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,959,362 times
Oh and btw I am not a "daughter" (I cut contact with my family years ago). And I don't ever want to get married or have kids (I dislike children). So what does that make me?

Old 03-30-2010, 10:11 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,558,074 times
And actually, what is your question and/or your point? Do you want to know if all of us women only aspire to be a daughter and a mother?

Old 03-30-2010, 10:18 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,212,230 times
Quote:
I had this argument with two beautiful women

Old 03-30-2010, 10:34 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:

Well, the only ACTUAL and SIGNIFICANT two roles that ONLY men are fit to play are a son and a father

Maybe it's just a cultural thing (since it appears you are posting from Russia?) but your views on women seem a bit narrow and dated.

Old 03-30-2010, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
What if your mother gets a sex change? Yes she will always be your mother, yet not a woman anymore.
Well, yeah. There's always psychological disorders. And posters who use them as arguments.
C'mon, let's talk normal people here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie100 View Post
Oh and btw I am not a "daughter" (I cut contact with my family years ago). And I don't ever want to get married or have kids (I dislike children). So what does that make me?
It makes you sweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
And actually, what is your question and/or your point? Do you want to know if all of us women only aspire to be a daughter and a mother?
I want to know if women acknowledge it

Old 03-30-2010, 10:37 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Well, yeah. There's always psychological disorders. And posters who use them as arguments.
C'mon, let's talk normal people here.

It makes you sweet.

I want to know if women acknowledge it

You want to know if women acknowledge that only we can be mothers and daughters?

Well sure we do - we learned that in sex education back in our school days! (Just like we learned that only men get to be daddies and sons)

Old 03-30-2010, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Well, the only ACTUAL and SIGNIFICANT two roles that ONLY men are fit to play are a son and a father
I wouldn't say so. Men are not really fit to play any roles that are MEN ONLY these days. Except, maybe, for male organ donors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Maybe it's just a cultural thing (since it appears you are posting from Russia?) but your views on women seem a bit narrow and dated.
Ah, the stereotypes. You know, the internet i am using right now runs on vodka and is connected by bears.
C'mon. Don't be like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships