Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 10:42 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,797,076 times

Advertisements

We all have what I call "The Princess and the Pea Syndrome." For some people it will be clicking shoes, and for others it will be whump-whumping flip flops. (Good one Avienne, tried to rep you for that, but I must spread the love.) For me it's not being able to walk around the house barefoot--I can't stand the feel of carpeting on my feet and I have really tender feet anyway. Or maybe your friend had a really horrible teacher once who had clickety shoes. That would be my guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2010, 04:49 PM

45 posts, read 78,938 times
it's only annoying when a girl doesn't know how to wear heels and they make an annoying click noise... if you can't wear the heels don't buy them! it's annoying to watch--almost like a girl is trying too hard or trying to show off. nope don't like. but if a woman knows how to control the heels it doesn't bother me.

Old 04-03-2010, 04:58 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,623,378 times
Philosophers, scientists, poets and other great thinkers have pondered the clicking shoe question for thousands of years. I realize that it's one of life's great mysteries but I'm just too shallow to even comprehend the meaning of it.

Old 04-03-2010, 05:23 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,190,600 times
Clicky shoes I don't notice. Banging, OTOH, annoys me. I share a lab with another group and one of them tends to bang quite often. I don't know what they're doing since I'm usually not looking, but it gets on my nerves.

Old 04-03-2010, 05:31 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,132,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
I have been told by (my boss) this his girlfriend hates other woman that has shoes that click on the floor. This seems like a really odd reason to get all pissed off at other woman for. I do have to add that this is just one thing of many that annoys her. I just happen to have very loud clicky shoes I am seriously wondering if this woman has a large stick that has become somehow lodged in her rather large redneck backside
You could wear slippers.

Or maybe talk your boss into carpeting the office.

Why is his girlfriend there anyway?

Sounds like she has "other" unspoken issues with you. Feeling a little threatened, perhaps. (not justified, of course, just her neurosis).

20yrsinBranson

Old 04-04-2010, 03:30 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,959,676 times
Women hate other women for everything. Women just hate other women naturally without you even needing to click your shoes. Lots of females are just catty for no reason and it's very common. I've had women hating on me just for being there and for no reason.

Old 04-04-2010, 04:19 AM

261 posts, read 527,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Well....I would just tell her to go buy herself a pair!
Me too. I love the sound. I walk through the marble lobby at work and it's the best sound ever. Women in stilettos should strut and walk talk. "Clicky shoes" are a woman's secret weapon. They are sexy and powerful.

I think she hates them because usually well dressed women with confidence wear them and she is unhappy about another aspect of her life. Women that hate on other women for no "apparent" reason (...such as a noise their shoes make) do so because they have their own insecurities.

Really you should feel sorry for her and take her shoe shopping. A nice pair of louboutins might cheer her up!

Old 04-04-2010, 04:37 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,184,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Philosophers, scientists, poets and other great thinkers have pondered the clicking shoe question for thousands of years. I realize that it's one of life's great mysteries but I'm just too shallow to even comprehend the meaning of it.
Typically the click you hear is the heel itself with the heel taps missing or worn. The more spiked the shoe the more it's due to this reason. It's bare metal touching the floor. This can be corrected with a simple trip to the shoe repair place or you will find replaceable heel taps wherever shoe laces or shoe polish is sold. I used to have mine replaced almost every 6 months.

Old 04-04-2010, 04:45 AM

261 posts, read 527,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Typically the click you hear is the heel itself with the heel taps missing or worn. The more spiked the shoe the more it's due to this reason. It's bare metal touching the floor. This can be corrected with a simple trip to the shoe repair place or you will find replaceable heel taps wherenver shoe laces or shoe polish is sold. I used to have mine replaced almost every 6 months.
I know what you mean when the heal has worn down and you can see the silver metal. time for a visit to the "shoe repair man". I do however have some more expensive shoes and the bottom of the heals of these are actually metal. They are supposed to make that sound. It's what you pay for.

Thinking about it if she can hear them coming before they even get there. She should leave the room - away from the "clicky shoe women - Problem solved! She has a warning to scarper. I wish there was a warning for people with ugly shoes! No such luck.

Old 04-04-2010, 04:53 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,184,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklyWonder66 View Post
I know what you mean when the heal has worn down and you can see the silver metal. time for a visit to the "shoe repair man". I do however have some more expensive shoes and the bottom of the heals of these are actually metal. They are supposed to make that sound. It's what you pay for.

Thinking about it if she can hear them coming before they even get there. She should leave the room - away from the "clicky shoe women - Problem solved! She has a warning to scarper. I wish there was a warning for people with ugly shoes! No such luck.
I used to be a guest speaker at a lot of schools and there was nothing worse than leaving and having to walk down those empty hallways, which were like an echo chamber, by myself - how could you not hear it or hear me coming.

I believe if they were made to sound like that then they were made by men so they can always tell when you're coming
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships