Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 07:58 AM

382 posts, read 758,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklyWonder66 View Post
Don't do this. Not only is it disgusting. You catch something and you aren't going to pick up tips in the back ally of a Mcdonalds! Awful advice!
Good grief, I'm not speaking about that kind of prostitute. I'm speaking about the ones you book over the phone and meet up in an hotel, etc.

He would learn a lot with it, not having the pressure to do well with a woman he'll barely see again. That would be a great way to get experience.

Old 04-05-2010, 08:03 AM

261 posts, read 527,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyscrapercrazy View Post
Good grief, I'm not speaking about that kind of prostitute. I'm speaking about the ones you book over the phone and meet up in an hotel, etc.

He would learn a lot with it, not having the pressure to do well with a woman he'll barely see again. That would be a great way to get experience.
Well that wasn't clear from your post. Besides the OP has already said he doesn't want to visit a prostitute he just wants the best advice now he has started dating.

I however see your point, but think if he continues to date and finds someone with the same interests as he has. The sexual side will follow and the inexperience won't be as important as it seems right now.

Old 04-05-2010, 08:10 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,162,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ny101 View Post
I'm a 37 year old virgin in New York City. I got picked on relentlessly in school and went into a shell and gave up any hope of marriage and children or even a relationship until last December.

I worked up the courage to join an internet dating website late last year and finally got the courage to ask some women out. The three dates I've had did not work out. Two ended with them complimenting me but not wanting to see me again.

I'm of average height 5-10.5, dress decently, have no missing teeth, have a decent job and a few friends. The lack of any type of sexual experience stands out I know.

I just read some posts about women not wanting to date virgins and see someone said the age of no return for a male virgin is 30 which was 7 years ago for me. Is that true? Am I too late? I will not go to a prostitute under any circumstances no matter how horny I feel so don't ask.

I dream of having a family and moving out to Long Island. Please be honest. Is it realistic?
The only advice I can give you is to change your mindset and attitude into one that says "I'm confident, I have sexual experience, women want me, if this woman doesn't work out I KNOW I will find another."

Now don't be a cocky arrogant jerk, but have some swagger, convince yourself you're better than what you think of yourself now. Women are easily fooled with confidence. Wait until you've gotten to know each other and been a little more intimate before you spill the virgin beans on her, she'll think it's cute by then, not weird like if she found out first date.

As for no success, dude, you've been on 3 dates, thats NOTHING. I've been on a dozen at least and I think I just maybe found someone I get along with really well. Give it time, keep at it, grow some balls. Watch some James Bond movies and take on his persona and attitude. It'll make the world of different. If you think highly of yourself, other women will too.

Old 04-05-2010, 08:16 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,678,559 times
My guess is you are being too needy as in you need a relationship so bad that you are trying to hard on your dates and the women are picking up on it. You are probably being too nice. And 3 dates is nothing. Dating is a numbers game. How many times must someone play bingo before they pick the winning card. Dozens, hundreds? Sometimes they never win but they keep trying. Also I wouldnt tell anyone you are a virgin on your dates. You can come clean after you start to actually have some form of relationship with the person.

Old 04-05-2010, 08:17 AM

20,716 posts, read 19,360,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyscrapercrazy View Post

Hi Skyscrapercrazy,

You do have a point. He does not have to have sex. He could go on a mock date and even ask for feedback. Its extreme but look at the situation.

Old 04-05-2010, 08:18 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,674,189 times
If I went out with someone who was a virgin, I'd find it a bit odd but I'd still give him a chance. It would probably be nice to date someone knowing from the start that there would be no sex unless something serious develops. I don't think you should sweat it - just keep dating and don't worrry about it.

Old 04-05-2010, 08:21 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,162,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
If I went out with someone who was a virgin, I'd find it a bit odd but I'd still give him a chance. It would probably be nice to date someone knowing from the start that there would be no sex unless something serious develops. I don't think you should sweat it - just keep dating and don't worrry about it.
The thing is, these women should NOT know he's a virgin. That's none of their business. If they are suspecting it, then it's his fault and he needs to fix his attitude. If he's telling them in emails or something or on the first date, then he's shooting himself in the foot each time. They should not know in any way.

Old 04-05-2010, 08:24 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,006,998 times
Quote:
I'm a 37 year old virgin in New York City. I got picked on relentlessly in school and went into a shell and gave up any hope of marriage and children or even a relationship until last December.

I worked up the courage to join an internet dating website late last year and finally got the courage to ask some women out. The three dates I've had did not work out. Two ended with them complimenting me but not wanting to see me again.

I'm of average height 5-10.5, dress decently, have no missing teeth, have a decent job and a few friends. The lack of any type of sexual experience stands out I know.

I just read some posts about women not wanting to date virgins and see someone said the age of no return for a male virgin is 30 which was 7 years ago for me. Is that true? Am I too late? I will not go to a prostitute under any circumstances no matter how horny I feel so don't ask.

I dream of having a family and moving out to Long Island. Please be honest. Is it realistic?
Don't sweat it! It's only been 3 dates, the ocean is quite large, keep fishing. The first thing that is most important is that you have confidence in yourself and it shows. If you are a nervous nelly throughout your date, it will show, most women will pass on a second. Imagine each date as a commercial that you use to sell yourself - would you be saying?, Hi - I'm 37, looking to get married, move to Long Island and btw, I'm a virgin. No. Focus on what you can offer your potential date - ex. love to travel, love to play chess, wine-tastings, big chocoholic, museums, beach, hiking, playing sports, running, etc. If she likes what you potentially can offer, it's on to date #2, if not, keep looking. If she is interested in you, don't forget to kiss her - before date number 3 or you will either be relegated to the dreaded "friend zone" or completely eliminated.

What site are you using?
You may have more success using a religious themed one, or if you are non-religious, you might join one of those " social meet-up" groups that focus on a particular hobby of yours. If you are in NYC, with all the nice weather we've been having, there are plenty of places to go to make your date more "fun". Where are you taking your first dates?

Old 04-05-2010, 08:24 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times
Quote:

Best advice I can give you, is actually from Mooj. Its not about sex, its about LOVE, PASSION, that is whats important.

YouTube - 40 Year Old Virgin - Mooj Advice Scene (Extended/Unrated Version)

Old 04-05-2010, 08:25 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,006,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
The thing is, these women should NOT know he's a virgin. That's none of their business. If they are suspecting it, then it's his fault and he needs to fix his attitude. If he's telling them in emails or something or on the first date, then he's shooting himself in the foot each time. They should not know in any way.

More like shooting himself in the head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships