U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-07-2010, 02:50 PM

27,237 posts, read 27,184,694 times

Advertisements

Funny scene in "The Break-Up". After having dinner guests, they leave and the guy goes into the living room to either play a video game or watch TV. She gets mad. He says, "Fine, I'll help." She's still mad, and says she doesn't want the help. He asks if she's mad because he didn't want to do the dishes, and she replies along the lines of "No one wants to do the dishes, but you should want to help me do the dishes."

And over that one incident, they break up--but neither of them want to leave the house, and spent the rest of the movie trying to get the other one to leave.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2010, 03:12 PM

1,087 posts, read 2,029,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
Yesterday i got home and ate dinner, i asked my [s/o wife, sorry need to clarify before virgode sts that im a liar] if she wanted to watch a movie. She was like "yes put it on, ill be going back and forth putting away clothes and watching it, i was like ok cool. So then i see her taking some clothes up stairs and when she comes back, she was in a bad mood? I was like whats wrong, she was like your the mose inconsiderate person i know, you see me carrying the heavy clothes and dont help me!!!!! I was like you should have told me you need help, she was like i shouldnt have to tell you, its common sence!!!!! So after that we argued all night, she got upset because i told her im not a mind reader, that if she needed help, she should have told me and i would have been more than glad to help her! So now shes on this whole kick that im inconsiderate, when every morning i pick up the house and leave it nice and tidy for when she comes home.
It's just one of those things men have to learn to deal with, the female phsyche....

It's like asking what's wrong and she says "Nothing." You know damn well you better probe and get to the bottom of the situation. There's definately something wrong.
If all else fails, I just throw in her face I PAY ALL THE BILLS!

Old 04-07-2010, 03:17 PM

18,303 posts, read 17,669,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Either wait until I'm finished to watch it or help, whatever....but we watch it together.
That's it. Exactly.

Tried to rep you seeniorita...but gotta spread the love.

Old 04-07-2010, 03:20 PM

"I feel awful. But you go out and have a good time, honey."

Don't fall for that one! I did and wound up getting locked out of the house!

Old 04-07-2010, 03:25 PM

How about her asking where you want to go for dinner and you're make every damn suggestion in a 50 mile radius and she rejects every suggestion.

Finally in the end you're like Ok pick a place and she throws out a place where she wanted to go all along.

Old 04-07-2010, 03:29 PM

The way I usually hear that one:

"Where would you like to go?"
"I don't care."

So you go somewhere, and she tells you later how she didn't like it--and is mad at you.

Hey, you said you didn't care, so we went to Hooters.

Old 04-07-2010, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
The way I usually hear that one:

"Where would you like to go?"
"I don't care."

So you go somewhere, and she tells you later how she didn't like it--and is mad at you.

Hey, you said you didn't care, so we went to Hooters.
LOL!!! Yep....

Old 04-07-2010, 07:41 PM

181 posts, read 184,634 times
You know what I LOVE? I LOVE IT when I tell my husband "hey hun, can you take out the trash, it is overflowing?" He says, "ok". The next morning, it is still heaping over. I say again "hey, can you take out this trash?" He says "yeah". When I get home from work, I find that the trash is STILL full. That is when I sit the trash on top of his computer chair and duct tape it there. Maybe THEN he will see it.

See, if men didn't feign acting so dense, we women wouldn't have to act so CRAZY. Men, that isn't crazy, that is call FRUSTRATION. Let me tell you, if you let your wife be frustrated with the chores, it will be you frustrated in the end, in the Bedroom!

Old 04-07-2010, 08:28 PM

15,410 posts, read 14,718,153 times
My husband will say," I`m so glad the weekend is here! Now, we can relax! "I`ll say, yeah...as soon as I can get this house cleaned up."
He will sit there on the couch, and sit there.....until I have to finally say.."I would like to enjoy the weekend as well, and I can`t do it without some help!" (hint, hint!!)

Old 04-07-2010, 09:42 PM

12,660 posts, read 8,437,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Hello, Gwynedd. This may work for you, but I would not advise other men to try this. Mockery and condescension do not have a place in a loving, cooperative relationship.

Hi JustJulia,

If someone is acting childish and playing games, they will be treated as a child. If you are making assumptions and and not asking for what you need, you don't have a loving cooperative relationship. Bear in mind this is with the assumption of taking his claim at face value that he does help around the house.

What did you do to those children anyway? I yell at them when they are being silly.

She knew she had help at anytime she asked, but she decided to make a guessing game out of it. I don't play that game. Though truth be told, I am usually rather helpful already.

If he apologized for it I am certain it would be registered as weakness. That she initiated the test is a sign mistakes were being made.

I have to go, my wife just asked me to feed the cat....See how it works?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships