Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 11:30 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,982,720 times

Advertisements

If a person does not ask me directly for my help they will not be getting it.
If I need aid better believe I am going to let it be known clearly.

If she expects to use hints , she might need to be with a different guy than me,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2010, 12:16 AM

1,052 posts, read 1,647,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE PA! View Post
wow..I'm surprised more women haven't said this....it definitely wasn't about the clothes.

you know...sometimes when I have stuff to do...not that I mind doing it...but when the husband is sitting, relaxing while I'm doing it...it just sometimes hits a nerve. I hate cleaning the house with anyone in it while they are relaxing too. Not that I think they should help.....just don't WATCH!
Honestly, I get that from time to time whenever I prep up dinner for friends and what not. I'm male, by the way.

They just stand there watching me. Jeez, I know I'm better than them at cooking (just slightly...), but at least ask if they could lend a help to show me that they care!! >.<;;

Which is what I think the whole entire issue is all about.

The wife was just irked that the husband didn't offer consolation or help when she was feeling a bit used and unappreciated. This really had nothing to do with clothes.

So communication is the key. The wife shouldn't be using these jedi mind things because we all can't read minds excluding a selective few. And the husband should show a bit more affection or appreciation when wife does things.

A little positive reinforcing comment goes a long way

Good luck~

Old 04-07-2010, 03:46 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,326,850 times
Sometimes it takes being a mind reader... or maybe a good guesser.

Old 04-07-2010, 05:57 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,664,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
Yesterday i got home and ate dinner, i asked my [s/o wife, sorry need to clarify before virgode sts that im a liar] if she wanted to watch a movie. She was like "yes put it on, ill be going back and forth putting away clothes and watching it, i was like ok cool. So then i see her taking some clothes up stairs and when she comes back, she was in a bad mood? I was like whats wrong, she was like your the mose inconsiderate person i know, you see me carrying the heavy clothes and dont help me!!!!! I was like you should have told me you need help, she was like i shouldnt have to tell you, its common sence!!!!! So after that we argued all night, she got upset because i told her im not a mind reader, that if she needed help, she should have told me and i would have been more than glad to help her! So now shes on this whole kick that im inconsiderate, when every morning i pick up the house and leave it nice and tidy for when she comes home.
I am like this with my husband too. I don`t point out what needs to be done because I figure he has a set of eyes, and common sense.

Old 04-07-2010, 07:46 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,108,085 times
Why is it that your personal issues or your wife's personal behavior becomes an ALL WOMEN do this issue?

Why not ask, why does MY wife/so do this?

As for the specific topic, maybe you need to TRY to read her mind. My husband reads mine.

Old 04-07-2010, 07:47 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
Why is it that your personal issues or your wife's personal behavior becomes an ALL WOMEN do this issue?
Yeah, totally.

Old 04-07-2010, 07:50 AM

37,611 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
I am like this with my husband too. I don`t point out what needs to be done because I figure he has a set of eyes, and common sense.
Exactly.

Old 04-07-2010, 08:30 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Yesterday i got home and ate dinner, i asked my [s/o wife, sorry need to clarify before virgode sts that im a liar] if she wanted to watch a movie. She was like "yes put it on, ill be going back and forth putting away clothes and watching it, i was like ok cool. So then i see her taking some clothes up stairs and when she comes back, she was in a bad mood? I was like whats wrong, she was like your the mose inconsiderate person i know, you see me carrying the heavy clothes and dont help me!!!!! I was like you should have told me you need help, she was like i shouldnt have to tell you, its common sence!!!!! So after that we argued all night, she got upset because i told her im not a mind reader, that if she needed help, she should have told me and i would have been more than glad to help her! So now shes on this whole kick that im inconsiderate, when every morning i pick up the house and leave it nice and tidy for when she comes home.
LEVOW, First Id like to say you must be very very strong!

Yankeegirl made an excellent point. You saw your wife was going back and forth with the laundry, did you actually need her to tell you "help me put this away then we can sit down together and watch the movie"? Somethings are very obvious if you have at least one eye, and an adult should not have to be asked over and over to do the obvious. The I didnt do the dishes right, so now I dont do them anymore. Come on, we all know that trick. My kids use to try to pull that one on me to get out of doing anything.
That said I still have to to point out when the trash can is full and have regular refresher courses on how the laundry hamper works, raise the lid, put the dirty clothes IN the basket, close the lid. Perhaps I need to make a video.

Old 04-07-2010, 08:39 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,162,802 times
Quote:
Men and Women are DIFFERENT. Seriously, women just act differently, they read into body language, tone, and other intangibles. Guys on the other hand respond better to direct communication, they need someone to spell it out for them. This is why men and women claim the other species to be "crazy" or "messed up". We're just different so it's hard to communicate and understand each other.

Another example for this is when a girl goes out with a guy 5 times, realizes she's not into him so she doesn't tell him, she ignores him, or she tells him she's busy each time he asks her out. Well a guy thinks she's still in the game because "she's talking to me, and she says she's just busy" where a girl will think he's crazy because "I haven't gone out with him in weeks and I'm blowing him off with the busy excuse every time, why doesn't he get it that I'm not interested??"

Men and Women are Different, get used to it, it will never change. Just do your best to communicate.

She may have something else about you that's bothering her, but she doesn't want to fight about THAT, instead she's trying to create another heated argument about something else to let her disgust or negative feelings out. I'd ask her if something else is wrong, because it might be.

Old 04-07-2010, 08:54 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,325,557 times
Quote:

You got it ALL wrong!! I'm surprised no one said this so far but here goes....

When you offered to watch a move and she said "I'll be be going back and forth putting away clothes and watching it" and you said "cool".....that's where you went wrong. YOU should have said "Baby, leave the clothes, it can wait. I want us to watch the movie together." She would have given you the biggest smile because it would have shown her that you wanted to spend time with her and doing household chores were not nearly as important as that.

Do I need to give a class or something??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships