Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2010, 02:53 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,017,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I don't know - I think it is much more sexually acceptable now so more will experiment and be open about there interests.

As a girl I like women, they are in some ways more aesthetically pleasing, soft, smell good...

I would be totally bi until faced with the journey of going south of the Mason-Dixon line....

So I have to surmise that I am quite hetero...
Whats south of the Mason-Dixon line ?

Old 06-18-2010, 05:04 AM

1,589 posts, read 2,681,526 times
The Mason-Dixon line usually refers to the cultural boundary between northern and southern states in the US. It has played several key roles in US history, one being that it designated the boundary between free states and slave states.

My textbook understanding is that eastern states south of Maryland are considered "the south". Then there is the "deep south". Granted, I've never lived in that region so local perception of the boundary between north and south may be different. I think being southern is more of a state of mind, than a mere geographic line drawn in the sand. Southerners have a reputation for being more conservative and less accepting of alternative lifestyles than other parts of the US.

I'll let others who actually live along the Mason-Dixon line jump in to correct me if my perceptions are off base.

Last edited by boodhabunny; 06-18-2010 at 05:18 AM..

Old 06-18-2010, 10:57 AM

3,440 posts, read 5,716,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua0 View Post
I agree. There definitely seems to be more lesbians and bisexuals in America than other countries and cultures. Could be the openness and freedom to be able to explore and express oneself, along with encouragement by pop culture. Whether it is done for fun or seriously, it is definitely a behavioral trend that is going on.

A lot of women have experimented with each other before all of this (e.g., Marilyn Monroe with Joan Crawford -- eww). Just it wasn't being talked about as much as today. Today it is definitely more talked about, shown, and done than ever in the past.
Yes, you are right.

America encourages more bisexuality than most places in the world.

Well there have always been bisexual men and women before the 90s, just not in the numbers in America as there are today.

The female bisexual movement really exploded at around 1992, as it started to become popular with the MTV generation and it took off from there.

Go back to 1984 and there really were hardly any bisexual women in America. I was only 2 years old then.

Old 06-18-2010, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I don't know - I think it is much more sexually acceptable now so more will experiment and be open about there interests.

As a girl I like women, they are in some ways more aesthetically pleasing, soft, smell good...

I would be totally bi until faced with the journey of going south of the Mason-Dixon line....

So I have to surmise that I am quite hetero...
You're bisexual, you are just not totally open about it. Not saying that there is anything wrong with you.

If you were a total straight woman, you would not have said that you are "quite" heterosexual.

Old 06-18-2010, 11:07 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,686,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle7 View Post
Whats south of the Mason-Dixon line ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by boodhabunny View Post
The Mason-Dixon line usually refers to the cultural boundary between northern and southern states in the US. It has played several key roles in US history, one being that it designated the boundary between free states and slave states.

My textbook understanding is that eastern states south of Maryland are considered "the south". Then there is the "deep south". Granted, I've never lived in that region so local perception of the boundary between north and south may be different. I think being southern is more of a state of mind, than a mere geographic line drawn in the sand. Southerners have a reputation for being more conservative and less accepting of alternative lifestyles than other parts of the US.

I'll let others who actually live along the Mason-Dixon line jump in to correct me if my perceptions are off base.
Uh, no. In the context she was saying it, she meant below the waist.

Old 06-18-2010, 11:18 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,815,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
You're bisexual, you are just not totally open about it. Not saying that there is anything wrong with you.

If you were a total straight woman, you would not have said that you are "quite" heterosexual.
/lol

No. I have a tendency towards hyperbole is all. I would have no problem if I viewed women in a sexual way, I have friends who are bi and gay. I'm all for opening up the dating pool. Only sexual feelings towards men though.

Thank you JustJulia - that's EXACTLY what I meant. Just trying to be discrete-ish.

Old 06-18-2010, 11:22 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,833,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post

LOL. Yeah, the downstairs. hoodhabunny, thanks for the detailed explaination and the giggle.

Old 06-18-2010, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
boodhabunny was being sarcastic.

Old 06-18-2010, 11:44 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,686,307 times
But "those who live along the Mason Dixon line" sounds so naughty!

Old 06-18-2010, 04:20 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,797,648 times
Some women just like attention from men in general for whatever reason so they will try to play the bisexual card because they think that's what guys want to hear. That's really all there is to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships