Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 11:49 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
This is almost a certainty. Normal open minded, even very Liberal women, suddenly become very close minded when they think their man may have been with another man. I hear it over and over again almost exclusively from women "I'm so open minded and have so many Gay, Lesbian and TG friends. But No, my man could never be interested in another man.

I on the other hand will admit that I am not so open minded and like my women to prefer men. For some reason I have been running into the 'I can easily go either way' type of woman lately. Thats fine for them but not my cup of tea!
I'm liberal and open minded and I prefer to be with someone who is not bisexual. I don't think that what you prefer in your personal sex life makes you open minded or closed minded or liberal or not liberal. That's sort of like saying only gay or bisexual people are liberal and open minded.

I've been with a bisexual man but we weren't in love. I'm not saying that I never could have fallen in love with someone bisexual - but it wouldn't be my preference. I'm also not usually attracted to bisexual men. But like I said - I don't think this has anything to do with being liberal or open minded - it's my own sexuality.

Old 04-26-2013, 11:50 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,268,127 times
Quote:
This is almost a certainty. Normal open minded, even very Liberal women, suddenly become very close minded when they think their man may have been with another man. I hear it over and over again almost exclusively from women "I'm so open minded and have so many Gay, Lesbian and TG friends. But No, my man could never be interested in another man.

I will admit that I am not so open minded and like my women to prefer men. For some reason I have been running into the 'I can easily go either way' type of woman lately. Thats fine for them but not my cup of tea!

If I really liked a guy and he had experimented but decided he was straight then I wouldn't mind.

Old 04-26-2013, 01:54 PM

30,997 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
Do you have citations for any of these "statistics" you keep sloshing out all over CD?

Not necessarily.
Like in the case where she was just experimenting with it?

Old 04-26-2013, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I'm liberal and open minded and I prefer to be with someone who is not bisexual. I don't think that what you prefer in your personal sex life makes you open minded or closed minded or liberal or not liberal. That's sort of like saying only gay or bisexual people are liberal and open minded.

I've been with a bisexual man but we weren't in love. I'm not saying that I never could have fallen in love with someone bisexual - but it wouldn't be my preference. I'm also not usually attracted to bisexual men. But like I said - I don't think this has anything to do with being liberal or open minded - it's my own sexuality.
I don't exactly get your post. And here's my rationale. I'll plug in Race as a comparison since the comparison is done in many post. By the way i do not feel this way at all but this is what I hear when you wrote the above.

I'm liberal and open minded and I prefer to be with someone who is not Asian.

Ive been with an Asian man but I wasn't in love. I'm not saying that I never could have fallen in love with someone whose Asian-but it wouldn't be my preference. I'm also not usually attracted to Asian men. But like I said - I don't think this has anything to do with being liberal or open minded - it's my own preference.

Old 04-26-2013, 02:11 PM

855 posts, read 1,383,887 times
Quote:
I read your silly little post. I have no problems in my marriage. Neither one of us wears the pants in our family and your term "daddy mom" is very offensive. My husband works, I stay home and raise our son - but we are EQUAL partners. Do you not know what wearing the pants means? It means that the husband is the boss. He is not my boss. He is my partner. We are a team. We make decisions together.

I don't know what kind of people you know and I can't even imagine to think how you seem to view the world - but all I know is that I have a great marriage and a great family. So did my parents and my husband's parents.

And what any of this has to do with bisexuality is beyond me. And no - the media is not trying to force women into becoming lesbians. That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. I don't know any woman that decided to become a lesbian because she couldn't stand men. I do know some women who are truly bisexual that fell in love and married men - and I know one woman that thought she was a lesbian until she met her husband.

All you guys who think that women hate men so much that they only see them as sperm donors - well, I think you have it wrong. And I think you'll be much happier when you figure that out.
OK. Now you are just getting offensive and angry. OVER AND OUT.

Old 04-26-2013, 02:12 PM

Quote:
I don't exactly get your post. And here's my rationale. I'll plug in Race as a comparison since the comparison is done in many post. By the way i do not feel this way at all but this is what I hear when you wrote the above.

I'm liberal and open minded and I prefer to be with someone who is not Asian.

Ive been with an Asian man but I wasn't in love. I'm not saying that I never could have fallen in love with someone whose Asian-but it wouldn't be my preference. I'm also not usually attracted to Asian men. But like I said - I don't think this has anything to do with being liberal or open minded - it's my own preference.
Race and sexuality aren't interchangeable like that. A person's sexuality and what they prefer sexually are in a whole different ballpark. But if you want to think I'm a bigot because I'm attracted to straight men instead of bisexual men, gay men, or women - that's fine.

Plug in "gay man" or "woman" into the above post. Once again, apples and oranges.

Old 04-26-2013, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortnblack View Post
OK. Now you are just getting offensive and angry. OVER AND OUT.
Offensive and angry? Hahaha! That made me laugh! Thanks!

Old 04-26-2013, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Race and sexuality aren't interchangeable like that. A person's sexuality and what they prefer sexually are in a whole different ballpark. But if you want to think I'm a bigot because I'm attracted to straight men instead of bisexual men, gay men, or women - that's fine.

Plug in "gay man" or "woman" into the above post. Once again, apples and oranges.
I would not call you a bigot, thats not me, just a little hard to follow with the examples you used. You usually are very clear and concise. I completely agree that race is not analogous to sexuality, but there's plenty of people that use the parallels between interracial marriage and Gay marriage that it isn't an apples and oranges situation.

Old 04-26-2013, 02:44 PM

Quote:
I would not call you a bigot, thats not me, just a little hard to follow with the examples you used. You usually are very clear and concise. I completely agree that race is not analogous to sexuality, but there's plenty of people that use the parallels between interracial marriage and Gay marriage that it isn't an apples and oranges situation.
I agree with the interracial and gay marriage situation - but what we are talking about is different. Like I said - plug in gay man or woman into my post and you'll see how it's really not comparable.

I'm attracted to really straight men. I like hairy chested, gassy, manly men. I've never met a bisexual man that fit that mold. And to be honest - I can also be really insecure in relationships. I'm over that now but I used to have self image issues. I know that I wouldn't have been able to handle my own trust issues with someone who was attracted to both men and women since I already had to curb my insecurities about other women. That is about me and not anyone else - but I know that about myself. Because of these reasons - I prefer straight men. However, I never made it a deal breaker or anything since it never came up. The one bisexual guy that I slept with was never a relationship option to me - and not because of his sexuality.

Old 04-26-2013, 02:47 PM

Let me add this - I know that bisexuality in a relationship is more accepted by straight men than by straight women. To be honest - most of my female bisexual friends have ended up with men and most of my male bisexual friends have ended up with men. But I don't think this has to do with being accepted - I think it's really what they ultimately preferred. One of my gay friends told me that both he and his husband were about 60/40 gay to straight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships