U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 04:19 PM

12,569 posts, read 9,500,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
Has a penis.
The Crying Game...LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2010, 04:44 PM
Cow

153 posts, read 93,841 times
Exactly what I was thinking Bobman!!

The real question is, did she become ttZ's ex GF upon discovery of said organ or was it sometime after......? He could be a little kinky.

Old 04-08-2010, 05:16 PM

1,125 posts, read 1,243,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post
Mostly male friends and says she doesn't get along with other women.
That is a huge red flag. Not that having male friends is bad, but when she goes on about that "she doesn't get along with other women" and "I hate other women cos they are XYZ".. those are red flags. These days many women wear the "I hate other women and I got more male friends than females" tag as a badge of honour. It's such a turn off.

Old 04-08-2010, 05:51 PM

5,890 posts, read 4,684,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
Has a penis.
Damn guys, This should be rule #1!LOL....... Red flags for me would be not accepting me for who I am and constantly trying to change me to her idea of what I should or shouldn't be. Another big one is if she has a criminal record that makes her a felon. If she throws trust issues up immediately after we met and don't know each other very well yet. Some other good ones are how long has it been since she was in a serious relationship and were there any guys in between them? If she has children how does she take care of them? If she has pets how does she take care of them? How many times has she been married if any? If she uses illegal drugs? Has she moved all over the country? If so, can that reason be easily explainable? What type of guys has she dated or been married to? Hopefully they aren't all a bunch of cons. What kind of job does she have? Is it legal? Does she spend large amounts of money without giving much thought to it? I could go on but these are some big ones.

Old 04-08-2010, 06:29 PM

25,241 posts, read 27,352,041 times
From my dating days. These were pretty much foolproof:

1) Multiple cats, as in more than two. And two is pushing it. What's more, if she starts ascribing human characteristics to her pets, speaking of them as if they were little kids, RUN.

2) Check out her bookshelf. If she has one or two relationship or self-help books on it, no problem. If she has three or four, proceed with caution for she is struggling in life. Five or more, RUN.

3) If she uses the terms "Prince Charming," "Knight In Shining Armor," or "Mr. Right" without at least a hint of facetiousness, then you are dealing with someone still mired in a childhood fantasy world. RUN.

4) The waiter test. On your third or fourth date, about the time she is getting comfortable around you, take her to a nice restaurant and watch how she treats the waiter. In six months, that's how she'll be treating you. And if she talks about him/her after they leave or treats him/her like a piece of furniture, RUN.

5) If a woman calls her parents more than three times a week on average, then it means she can't cut the cord they will be in every part of your relationship for its duration. It means they will be offering opinions on how the two of you will run your life together. Everything the two of you will do will be done with her looking over her shoulder wondering what her mother will think. RUN.

6) The Princess Act is kind of cute for a few dates. But once you're becoming a couple it really becomes a massive pain in the ass. RUN.

7) If she looks at your shirt when you're going out and asks, "That might not be the best choice," it's one thing. If on the other hand, she tries to change your personality, your choice of friends, your chosen career, your hobbies or anything else that makes you you, RUN.

8) If she starts checking up on your after the third date, RUN.

9) If she insists on having everything her way all the time, RUN.

10) If she talks about her battle with alcoholism and substance abuse non-stop, RUN.

11) If she talks about herself non-stop without showing the least bit of curiosity about you, RUN.

12) If she can't occasionally handle going to a baseball game or playing pool with your friends, RUN.

13) If, by the tenth date or so, she's keeping secrets from you, RUN.

14) If her life before you was one awful boyfriend after another, it just means that she specializes in dysfunctional relationships. RUN.

15) If she has constant drama in her life such as credit card, employment, and friendship problems, and especially if it's ALWAYS SOMEBODY ELSE'S FAULT, then you're dealing with a nitwit who can't manage her life and will make your life miserable as a result. RUN.

16) If she's jealous of every other woman in your life, from colleagues to old college friends to the cashier you chitchat with for twenty seconds at the coffee shop, RUN.

17) If every single disagreement you have winds up with her crying, she's just using emotional blackmail. RUN.

18) If she seizes on every innocent remark you make, and asking "And just what do you mean by THAT?" then you're dealing with someone who walks through life permanently affronted by everything, and every conversation you ever have will be the equivalent of tiptoeing through a minefield. RUN.

Last edited by cpg35223; 04-08-2010 at 06:42 PM..

Old 04-08-2010, 08:24 PM

851 posts, read 2,038,530 times
Not married by the time of 35
Always talk bad about her EX
Think I am cheap if I don't pick up the tab
Have too many shoes > 20 pairs
Have too many purses > 5
Wear more/better jewelry than I am

Old 04-08-2010, 08:59 PM

5,755 posts, read 7,293,280 times
If she asks you if you ever think genital warts can look attractive.
If she bets you she's had more STD's than you.
If she tells you that she's hidden your wallet on her person and won't give it back until you find it yourself.

Old 04-08-2010, 09:10 PM

910 posts, read 948,712 times
  1. Has no hobbies or personal interests
  2. Sets no goals
  3. Always blames others (me) for the little stuff that goes wrong
  4. Does not think she has to contribute to finances, household chores
  5. Says "I can't" when she really means "I won't"
  6. Princess in waiting
  7. Wakes me up when I am sleeping b/c she wants to know why I am tired
  8. Does not get 'to whom much is given much is expected"
  9. Won't break a sweat going out of her way for anyone, let alone me
  10. When spoken to gently ignores issues, when spoken to with direct and considerate but focused clarity, cries
  11. Spends $200 on haircuts
  12. Spends $40 on a dozen "really cool" cupcakes
  13. Raids my stash
  14. Then eats the cupcakes
  15. Sees love as a static thing and not based on actions and deeds
  16. Takes all she can without thinking there are limits without reciprocity
  17. Mistakes me for a sugar daddy
  18. Thinks fishing trips couldn't possibly last more than an hour
  19. Wonders aloud why her past relationships eventually lacked intimacy
  20. Is always without exception late for everything no matter how far in advance the plans were made
  21. Makes simple, everyday tasks into monumental quests for personal achievement
  22. Has a brother who is really without question, an idiot
  23. Never makes breakfast
  24. Won't do the Wild Thing in the morning

Do you know my ex wife? Now you do!

Old 04-08-2010, 09:26 PM

851 posts, read 2,038,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwaggy View Post
  1. Has no hobbies or personal interests
  2. Sets no goals
  3. Always blames others (me) for the little stuff that goes wrong
  4. Does not think she has to contribute to finances, household chores
  5. Says "I can't" when she really means "I won't"
  6. Princess in waiting
  7. Wakes me up when I am sleeping b/c she wants to know why I am tired
  8. Does not get 'to whom much is given much is expected"
  9. Won't break a sweat going out of her way for anyone, let alone me
  10. When spoken to gently ignores issues, when spoken to with direct and considerate but focused clarity, cries
  11. Spends $200 on haircuts
  12. Spends $40 on a dozen "really cool" cupcakes
  13. Raids my stash
  14. Then eats the cupcakes
  15. Sees love as a static thing and not based on actions and deeds
  16. Takes all she can without thinking there are limits without reciprocity
  17. Mistakes me for a sugar daddy
  18. Thinks fishing trips couldn't possibly last more than an hour
  19. Wonders aloud why her past relationships eventually lacked intimacy
  20. Is always without exception late for everything no matter how far in advance the plans were made
  21. Makes simple, everyday tasks into monumental quests for personal achievement
  22. Has a brother who is really without question, an idiot
  23. Never makes breakfast
  24. Won't do the Wild Thing in the morning

Do you know my ex wife? Now you do!
You just described half of the women in the world!

Old 04-08-2010, 09:29 PM

910 posts, read 948,712 times
hope you clicked me for a reputation enhancement!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships