U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 12:21 AM

12,335 posts, read 9,070,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Ok let me clear this up.

I was saying it looked ODD on a busy downtown street during rush hour. It's nothing wrong with it at the

Beach
Waterfront at Night
Park

You know, in a ROMANTIC ATMOSPHERE!!!!!!!!!!
The human touch can be fleeting and sometimes you have to embrace and enjoy it when you can get it. If it bothers you so, look elsewhere; I'm sure there are dark, dank, and dusty corners where you can devote your attention.

Old 04-10-2010, 01:30 AM

1,779 posts, read 1,338,736 times
Quote:
Ok let me clear this up.

I was saying it looked ODD on a busy downtown street during rush hour. It's nothing wrong with it at the

Beach
Waterfront at Night
Park

You know, in a ROMANTIC ATMOSPHERE!!!!!!!!!!
TVSG, When you care about someone, you're always romantic with them. Why should love/romance be limited to such places. Why cant it just... well happen. I know that sometimes when I reach down for my GF hand while downtown or at the store, Its better than a kiss, hug or an I love you. Holding hands in a setting outside of the places you described as ok places is like a silent I love you.

Old 04-10-2010, 08:01 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

33,674 posts, read 22,922,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fractured_kidult View Post
TVSG, When you care about someone, you're always romantic with them. Why should love/romance be limited to such places. Why cant it just... well happen. I know that sometimes when I reach down for my GF hand while downtown or at the store, Its better than a kiss, hug or an I love you. Holding hands in a setting outside of the places you described as ok places is like a silent I love you.
Well holding hands in a Mall or Supermarket is dumb and I will stand by that statement

Old 04-10-2010, 08:04 AM

10,310 posts, read 11,000,566 times
I guess my ex was a total retard because we would even hold hands in the car or laying in bed in together..

Old 04-10-2010, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I guess my ex was a total retard because we would even hold hands in the car or laying in bed in together..
It's nothing wrong with doing it in THE CAR OR BED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I said the

mall
supermarket

Old 04-10-2010, 08:18 AM

458 posts, read 409,160 times
Quote:
I don't think any man should hold hands with his girl in public because he doesn't look as masculine. What was supposed to happen was the girl was supposed to put arm through his arm as they were walking down the street.

Any Guys agree that holding hands looks weird for a guy????

I wanted to laugh so bad when I saw this-lol
My wife and I hold hands or she'll but her arm though mine, as you stated, all the time. In the car, bed, mall, hospital, front yard, parties, restaurants, funerals or anywhere we are. Sometimes we will just stop and kiss or hug at any given moment.

In my opinion;
PDAs (public displays or affection) are sorely needed in our society. If my wife and I show affection it in a respectable way in public and someone gets offended then too bad. Don't pee on my wheaties just because you're unhappy or lonely. Maybe its that attitude that has so many people starving for affection, they deny themselve affection when they have the chance have it. Happy on the inside = happy on the outside.

Last edited by mrmikeman; 04-10-2010 at 08:27 AM..

Old 04-10-2010, 08:41 AM

21,696 posts, read 25,307,163 times
Quote:
It's nothing wrong with doing it in THE CAR OR BED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I said the

mall
supermarket
No you didn't, Grasshopper.

You first said it was weird to do that, "in public" which you then amended to, "a busy downtown street on a bright sunny day" and then went on to OK spots being, "Beach, Waterfront at Night, Park" and then decided several pages later that malls and supermarkets were also on the forbidden list.

And what if the car is in a public parking lot where people might walk by and see (gasp) some hand-holding? What if the bed was in a communal space where room-mates might pass by and see (gasp!) two people holding hands. Oh dear, the trauma is too much to even think of...

Methinks Grasshopper protests too much and is having another dateless and boring weekend holed up with his internet drivelings, Froot Loops, TV sports and take-out ... God forbid a breath of fresh air should pass across his chubbiness!

Old 04-10-2010, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post

You first said it was weird to do that, "in public" which you then amended to, "a busy downtown street on a bright sunny day" and then went on to OK spots being, "Beach, Waterfront at Night, Park" and then decided several pages later that malls and supermarkets were also on the forbidden list.

And what if the car is in a public parking lot where people might walk by and see (gasp) some hand-holding? What if the bed was in a communal space where room-mates might pass by and see (gasp!) two people holding hands. Oh dear, the trauma is too much to even think of...

Methinks Grasshopper protests too much and is having another dateless and boring weekend holed up with his internet drivelings, Froot Loops, TV sports and take-out ... God forbid a breath of fresh air should pass across his chubbiness!
I don't have to play your silly little games

Old 04-10-2010, 09:20 AM

19,081 posts, read 12,013,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post

he he he

It's your own fault, TV&SG

Old 04-10-2010, 09:26 AM

1,897 posts, read 2,003,694 times
Quote:
I don't have to play your silly little games

You already have. And you lost the game way back there. But thanks for playing. I've enjoyed the pure inanity of this thread!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships