Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 07:55 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,005,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLucky View Post
Women are not attracted to men with money but rather the ones who are confident, successful, ambitious, mentally stable, and in control of their lives. It just happens that most men who have all these criterias are also doing very well financially.
Now I know why my wife married me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2010, 07:56 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,520,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
Ivorytickler,

Men aren't shocked that women like money; that wasn't the bit men got excited about with the video.

It's because it's so politically and socially "incorrect" for women to ADMIT it, to admit the very things you did in your post -- SO incorrect, in fact, that women will go to great lengths to vehemently deny that finances or success play any meaningful part in their selection of a mate -- because we all know "what's inside is what REALLY matters", right?

To actually capture any form of proof on video and show it to women -- it's not like "here, you all are being WRONG about it, you all are evil"; no, in fact it's more of a "Here's some proof for you -- now STOP pretending it's otherwise and that this somehow makes you more enlightened than I simply by walking around saying it all the time!"

FACTS don't bother men unless they're at a distinct disadvantage because of said facts, and even then men will work at other ways of overcoming any given obstacle. PRETENSE irritates the bejeezus out of us and wears thin, rubs raw, gets so amazingly old. It's like a large-breasted woman wearing a loose-fitting blouse slit down to her navel while going bra-less venturing on an outing with you and then becoming irate because "you're not taking the time to see the real 'her'."
Well, I've never denied this nor have any women I know. What we deny is being gold diggers. It's not the bigger the paycheck the better. It's basic success and qualities that result in success. Hard working blue collar works too. Lives with mom at 40....not so well

Yes, we expect men to have a plan and be working on a plan and the plan can't be find a woman to support you, unless we're rich and you're good looking then the tables are turned .

Seriously, what attracted me to my husband first was that he was hard working and a single father to two boys. He didn't need much beyond that, but I was really young back then. I would have looked deeper had I been in my late 20's instead of late teens when we met. For example, I might have looked at the failure of his first marriage and not assumed it was all her....

Old 04-09-2010, 07:58 AM

4,533 posts, read 8,337,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
Wow, women like money ?

Damn !! There's a result I never expected.

Next thing, you're gonna blow my world and tell me that they like shopping, and shoes, and fluffy little kittens !!

But, wait, no, that can't be true..............

Can it ?................................................. .........
Noooooo!!!! Say it ain't so!!!!

Old 04-09-2010, 10:09 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,999,259 times
Why do some act like this has been a well kept secret? Until recent years (and still now really but you just don't admit it b'c it's so politically incorrect ) it's just how things were, women wanted a good provider with whom to start a family. Even certain species of the animal kingdom do this; the male will show off his house building skills and she'll choose the male who displays the best skills with the best house. LOL

Old 04-09-2010, 10:11 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,263,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
watch this and decide for yourself...
Then you'd best stop complaining and get back to work.

Old 04-09-2010, 10:16 AM

622 posts, read 1,279,574 times
Reason 1,000,001 why I have no interest in remarrying.

Old 04-09-2010, 10:19 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,263,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameribull View Post
Reason 1,000,001 why I have no interest in remarrying.
And that's okay.

Old 04-09-2010, 10:26 AM

622 posts, read 1,279,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
And that's okay.

Well thank you

Old 04-09-2010, 10:31 AM

181 posts, read 322,664 times
I fully admit I like a man who has his act together and can dress appropriately and have a steady job that leaves him financially stable. Women don't necessarily want piles of money. We DO want stability. If we are to settle down and raise children, we want to do so with a man who can provide for his offspring and not let them starve.

I think we need to appreciate the inherent differences between men and women. Women want a stable man. Men, you want a woman who is physically appealing who isn't crazy and will have sex with you a few times a week.

First impressions mean a lot. We could have put a woman in that glass with sweats on, no bra, and a messy ponytail for you all to rate. Then, we could have put her in a wonderbra and cleavage showing top, put on celebrity status makeup and spent two hours on hair and put her back into the glass. Wonder what the men would do then?

Old 04-09-2010, 10:39 AM

2,115 posts, read 5,028,639 times
FYI, money and success aren't bad things. Let's look back at the title: Women are attracted to men with money. It doesn't say women are attracted to men solely for money, does it? Sure, there will always be the ones for whom money is the only variable in their equation, but those women are not as widespread as paranoid men like to believe.

In addition, like IvoryTickler mentioned, money is a visible sign of certain traits. With the exception of family money and "lucky" money (lottery, etc.), it's a pretty fair sign that the guy is good at something, which is always an attractive thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships