Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 12:22 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
This is retarted. Women have equal opportunities to earn money these days. You think it's just women that can't support the kids by themselves these days? Last time I checked all the people I knew needed 2 people to support their kids unless they were living with family or on welfare. Women always say well men want us to look good, so why can't we be able to look for guys with stability?

Well you know that just like a man that you have to be attracted to the the man to be serious with him, so just like men you women look at men's bodies to when finding the person you want to date or be with. Men don't usually put that many expectations on a woman like worrying about if she only works at fast food or a grocery store. Men are just happy to see you are working. In that way women are hypocrites. You act like a man doesn't think about his future kids either.

For me as a man I don't sit there and say well my woman is working at a laundry mat so therefore I should find someone better to have kids with...someone with an ability to hold up her end of the bargain. You see how selfish that sounds. It is supposed to be that you find that someone that is important to you, and you build your life together.

You don't judge someone based on what they are now...That just proves your lack of faith that men can achieve more later on down the road. We aren't all at our peak when you meet us, so don't judge us unless you wanna be judged after you lose your high paying job and have to start over in ife. 30 years old still flipping burgers....Wow you really narrowed it down and judged the guy's entire life before you met him at that moment as if you knew he went to college before but had to quit due to someone in his family getting sick.

You really don't know what the person's goals are as they have to make money to pay bills for now at White Castle. Maybe they have better plans, but you are too impatient to find out because you don't actually care what the person's heart has inside until you see how much stability he can provide for "you" without questioning what that guy might want when looking for a woman. This is kind of why I am single because I meet plenty of girls who could give a damn about what kind of person I am after they find I'm starting my life over again. It's pretty selfish in my view.

I only expect a woman to be unselfish, have a good heart, and get my humor when I meet a potential partner, and someone I personally am attracted to. Nothing more, but go on and defending your selfishness and closed mind/heart by saying it's "stability" that you look for in a man. You will get what you're looking for, and I hope I don't find someone who is looking for that as the main thing they want because I can do without all the arguements and name calling after I lose my job after being successfull after I meet a woman like that who wants stability.

What will you do when the man with stability comes along and after you get married he someday loses his job, or your house burns down? You'll probably blame him or divorce him when you see that you haven't got the resources to get back to where you started with him. I hope you get what you ask for.
I grew up lower middle class and as child had all the basic necessities and more as did my other brothers and sister... i wasnt starving

Allot of this is womenspeak because it sounds better to say you're thinking about your future kids then the fact that you want that third house in Miami and 800 dollar manolo shoes..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2010, 12:30 PM

29,743 posts, read 34,376,832 times
Quote:
Allot of this is womenspeak because it sounds better to say you're thinking about your future kids then the fact that you want that third house in Miami and 800 dollar manolo shoes..
And all of this is assuming that women can't provide for themselves and are looking for a man to spoil them. I won't deny that there are women out there like this, but in real life, all of the women in my acquaintance have their own jobs and their own money. Like attracts like. We've educated ourselves and have a good jobs and are stable, responsible, and live a comfortable lives. Why is it so out of the question that we expect the same from the men that we date and marry?

Old 04-09-2010, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
And all of this is assuming that women can't provide for themselves and are looking for a man to spoil them. I won't deny that there are women out there like this, but in real life, all of the women in my acquaintance have their own jobs and their own money. Like attracts like. We've educated ourselves and have a good jobs and are stable, responsible, and live a comfortable lives. Why is it so out of the question that we expect the same from the men that we date and marry?
I didnt say all or even most just said that sometimes it can be womenspeak in terms of the thinking about my kids thing..

Not that women arent thinking about their kids at all but you dont need a guy who makes 6 figures to feed your kids and make sure they have schooling food water and shelter..

Old 04-09-2010, 12:38 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,787,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
Yes, and thus many women try to make the most stable choice when it comes to a husband. No one can tell the future (except Madame Cleo ) and there's no way to tell if the guy making six figures now will lose his job in two years and the guy making a pittance will be a millionaire. Everything is a gamble. That gorgeous guy may get in a car accident the day after you marry him and be deformed for the rest of his life. Life - IT HAPPENS!

The idea is to look for a guy that has potential to be successful. The guy with no real plan isn't real attractive because many women don't want to spend their life meandering about waiting for their husband to get his $hit together. While he may end up becoming a fantastically rich entrepreneur, there's no way for a woman to see into the future and know that. If she wants children (which are really expensive, if you didn't know) and a comfortable, stable life, she's going to seek a guy that can provide that for her. Why do some men have such an issue with that? "Oh my, a woman actually wants a comfortable life to raise her family in. How dreadfully shallow of her." Give me a break. The desire to have a nice life is NOT a bad thing! Do I need to repeat that? If you're willing to sell your soul to the devil to get said nice life, that's a different story. However, most people want to attain the best possible life they can for themselves and their children. That's normal.

So men, get over the fact that women want a successful guy. It's become one of those pitiful whines where the only men griping are the ones who aren't XYZ. This is the equivalent of girls complaining that men only want blondes. If it bothers you that much, then get off your a$$ and buy a bottle of bleach (figuratively)!
I have learned not to complain about what a woman wants, but I do get frustrated in statements like this. Basically this whole idea of a woman wanting this or that doesn't matter because for me I would rather find a woman who also thinks of what I may want, so I don't need to waist my time with people who only think of a "comfortable life" for themselves instead of a full life with whatever God gives us. It's fine to want, but it's better to take the gift that God gives you or the man that he puts in your path regardless of your wants. A man with faith in God is all you need because God provides food and shelter no matter wht toys you want or how many rooms your house has....take the rooms and the toys. I'll settle for being truly happy without all that no matter if it's me by myself, or me with someone who thinks the same.

Old 04-09-2010, 12:42 PM

Quote:
because for me I would rather find a woman who also thinks of what I may want
Good luck finding that

Old 04-09-2010, 12:46 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,573,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
THIS is why you can't get a girl. Your attitude is bitter, judgmental, quick to assumptions, and places the blame away from you.

News flash: Girls don't want to be with guys that don't like girls (I don't mean in the sexual sense)!

We get it. You've been burned multiple times by girls. Now be an adult and GET OVER IT and continue on with your life. If you want to lug around your self-pitying baggage, go right ahead. Just remember - the constant variable is you. Yes, there are rude and self-centered hot girls in this world, but it takes two to tango.

And by the way, as an attractive girl, I am offended by your blanket statement that hot girls are rude, self-centered, and stupid, especially as I am none of those things.
Fire in this young lass there is!

My attitude is bitter and judgmental, it wasnt always this way. Remember mango hate bounces. How can a woman expect me to love them if they have treated me so badly. Women didnt make me acquire the view I have about them, but the way I have been treated hasn't helped either

Hot girls are self centered and rude, the ones who aren't rude directly will hurt men in a subtle way which IMO is worse then being direct and rude to somebody

I am going to be single forever. The universe has spoken I suppose. There is somebody for everybody except me, betamanlet, and TVandSportsGuy apparently. Though the difference is they get dates I dont

I am too busy working making money.

Its Firday today and once again I am only one of 3 PPL in town who wont have a date or get laid tonight. And Im fine with that. The one thing I know girls are good at is making once good warm kind hearted men like me feel absolutely worthless by ditching us to go binge drinking and having sex with the bad boys

Old 04-09-2010, 12:50 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,778,598 times
Quote:
I have learned not to complain about what a woman wants, but I do get frustrated in statements like this. Basically this whole idea of a woman wanting this or that doesn't matter because for me I would rather find a woman who also thinks of what I may want, so I don't need to waist my time with people who only think of a "comfortable life" for themselves instead of a full life with whatever God gives us. It's fine to want, but it's better to take the gift that God gives you or the man that he puts in your path regardless of your wants. A man with faith in God is all you need because God provides food and shelter no matter wht toys you want or how many rooms your house has....take the rooms and the toys. I'll settle for being truly happy without all that no matter if it's me by myself, or me with someone who thinks the same.
Next time you have trouble paying your rent, ask God to cut you a check. Let us know that goes, but you may have to do it from a computer at the public library, because I don't think homeless shelters have internet access.

If she's looking for potential husband material to start a family with, she needs to know that he will be able to provide if and when she gets pregnant and can no longer work, even if just for a few months. That's why it's important to find someone with his act together. I'm not saying there aren't women out there who want all the toys too, but you can't fault a woman for choosing a man who has the potential and ambition to be a good provider.

Old 04-09-2010, 12:56 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,249,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Fire in this young lass there is!

My attitude is bitter and judgmental, it wasnt always this way. Remember mango hate bounces. How can a woman expect me to love them if they have treated me so badly. Women didnt make me acquire the view I have about them, but the way I have been treated hasn't helped either

Hot girls are self centered and rude, the ones who aren't rude directly will hurt men in a subtle way which IMO is worse then being direct and rude to somebody

I am going to be single forever. The universe has spoken I suppose. There is somebody for everybody except me, betamanlet, and TVandSportsGuy apparently. Though the difference is they get dates I dont

I am too busy working making money.

Its Firday today and once again I am only one of 3 PPL in town who wont have a date or get laid tonight. And Im fine with that. The one thing I know girls are good at is making once good warm kind hearted men like me feel absolutely worthless by ditching us to go binge drinking and having sex with the bad boys
That isn't necessarily true either. Some bad boys have a warm and kind heart and still get ditched! Plain and simple IMO, they want a "yes" man. If you are the type of guy that has the balls not to let them boss you, you are forever screwed!LOL.........

Old 04-09-2010, 12:58 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,006,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Next time you have trouble paying your rent, ask God to cut you a check. Let us know that goes, but you may have to do it from a computer at the public library, because I don't think homeless shelters have internet access.

If she's looking for potential husband material to start a family with, she needs to know that he will be able to provide if and when she gets pregnant and can no longer work, even if just for a few months. That's why it's important to find someone with his act together. I'm not saying there aren't women out there who want all the toys too, but you can't fault a woman for choosing a man who has the potential and ambition to be a good provider.
Agreed. Here I'll share with you what I think from a man's point of view what you need a minimum:
1) A job
2) Health insurance - without it, your hospital bill will exceed $50K - no joke. Add in all those baby well-care visits, vaccinations, you name it.
3) Shelter - a home.
4) At least a year's worth of monthly expenses tucked in a super-safe bank account.
5) A safe motor vehicle - if you do not live in a major metro area, even then you need a car.
6) What am I missing ladies?

Old 04-09-2010, 01:02 PM

302 posts, read 885,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrmlyBklyn View Post
Take two guys - one in jeans and a t-shirt, take the other guy - slick his hair back, put on a dark blue suit, polished black shoes, a french blue shirt and a snazzy tie. Now go in a social spot - a bar, guess who gets most of the attention?

Women pick up on the suit and say "he's working, he's a go-getter, he's got the moola for me to continue on with my "retail therapy sessions".
I would prefer the guy with jeans and a t shirt

I would rather a man that will take me fishing on the weekends than stuck behind his desk. To me, clothing shows your style, which usually equates to hobbies, not his financial status. There can be some correlation, but I'm also a gal that wouldn't know a designer shirt from an old navy one! There can be some truth to your statement, but only for some women...not all.

Yes, being with a man who is financially stable is nice. It is nice because I don't have to worry about my careful financial planning being affected by his carelessness. I also like a man that enjoys his work and is intelligent enough to do something that requires a higher salary for compensation. By that, I also mean all the different kinds of intelligence. Whether it be a genius with an engine, computers, law, biochemistry, etc....a skill at something is pretty darn sexy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships