Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 01:34 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,307,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
What if you marry the wrong person?
Well Lucario, sadly, alot of people end up in this situation. You have to do what is best for you and your family. I don't advocate divorce but I'm not against it either. I believe if you have truely done everything you can do to save the marriage and it still is not working out, then you can move forward with no regrets.

I wish you the best my friend and hope you find happiness!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2010, 01:35 PM

20,058 posts, read 18,235,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Ok, it's time to fess up guys and gals! How many of us has encountered someone we thought would be a fantastic lover only to be sadly disappointed?

I once dated a guy who was a State Trooper. A man in uniform...mmm...mmmm and he was built very nicely. Just a well dressed, had his s*it together kinda guy. Well of course, I had imagined "the moment" so many times over in my head and when it arrived... Well, call me shallow, whatever, we were just not compatible that way...no training/teaching to be done on this one.

We ended up dating for a few months more but it just fizzled out. So, have any of you been through this? How did it end up? Did you work it out, stay together or move on?

PS. For the PC people out there. This is just a phrase to say things are not always as they seem. I am not calling anyone a fool NOR am I comparing sex to gold...however at the rate of gold these days...it's a close runner up!
Two encounters stick out in my mind:

#1- A super sexy person I knew in jr. high and high school, and had fantasized about, decided to take it further and go out with me. When the opportunity came for a simple lip lock, there was nada, zip, zero chemistry there. That fact, really shocked both of us

#2-This one happened many years later, but sort of with the same result. I was head-over-heels at the time with the person, too! I could not get past their personal BO when it came time to get intimate. They had funky breath and personal odor. Even after, I tried to get past it. I dropped HUGE hints about dentist visits, etc. I guess everyone can imagine how that one ended-LOL!

Old 04-09-2010, 01:36 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,227,801 times
Quote:
Ok, it's time to fess up guys and gals! How many of us has encountered someone we thought would be a fantastic lover only to be sadly disappointed?

I once dated a guy who was a State Trooper. A man in uniform...mmm...mmmm and he was built very nicely. Just a well dressed, had his s*it together kinda guy. Well of course, I had imagined "the moment" so many times over in my head and when it arrived... Well, call me shallow, whatever, we were just not compatible that way...no training/teaching to be done on this one.

We ended up dating for a few months more but it just fizzled out. So, have any of you been through this? How did it end up? Did you work it out, stay together or move on?

PS. For the PC people out there. This is just a phrase to say things are not always as they seem. I am not calling anyone a fool NOR am I comparing sex to gold...however at the rate of gold these days...it's a close runner up!
Yeah, and when it got to that she said "OMG...um ok"LOL....... Without going into too much detail I can say it was a challenge and she did not enjoy it. That kind of killed the moment and the mood!

Old 04-09-2010, 01:50 PM

1,034 posts, read 4,383,358 times
A friend of mine set me up with a guy she had dated years prior. Said he was a nice guy, owned his own home, had a very large.....you get my drift. We went on several dates, all the while I kept wondering really how large it could be. Let's just say the time came for me to find out and I was sadly disappointed. Just proof that size can be many different things to many different women.

Old 04-09-2010, 03:04 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,231,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
A state trooper...are you serious? Anyone who is a law enforcement agent of any kind weather it be the CIA, FBI, a cop, or a trooper has extreme issues. Almost all of them got their ass kicked and picked on their entire life then simply put on the uniform to get some proverbial payback. This is common knowledge.
In my humble estimation, which is based on experience, that generalization bears no truth.

Old 04-09-2010, 03:14 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,632,208 times
its not common knowledge, its an immature ASSumption. some cops i know (including a cousin of mine) have been the tough guy bully type. others are the very helpful kind. people get into law enforcement for lots of reasons. not for some type of payback.

as for the cops i have bedded...

chemistry is very important, including sexual chemistry. if it aint there, it aint there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
A state trooper...are you serious? Anyone who is a law enforcement agent of any kind weather it be the CIA, FBI, a cop, or a trooper has extreme issues. Almost all of them got their ass kicked and picked on their entire life then simply put on the uniform to get some proverbial payback. This is common knowledge.

Old 04-09-2010, 03:16 PM

7,372 posts, read 15,952,551 times
Quote:

You were expecting a 45 and he pulled out a 22 (a Saturday Night Special)?

Old 04-09-2010, 03:18 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,341,596 times
Quote:

Well, you know how I say that "size matters"? Although I still believe it, it's not always the case... if you catch my drift.
I never knew that an 8 incher can feel so dead inside. That was a big disappointment and surprise. He was just bad. There is no way to sugarcoat it.

Old 04-09-2010, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
You were expecting a 45 and he pulled out a 22?
LOL.....no actually the calibur of the gun wasn't the problem. Well, let's just say there is some truth to "how" you use your gun and making sure it doesn't fire off prematurely

Old 04-09-2010, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Well, you know how I say that "size matters"? Although I still believe it, it's not always the case... if you catch my drift.
I never knew that an 8 incher can feel so dead inside. That was a big disappointment and surprise. He was just bad. There is no way to sugarcoat it.
............... What a waste!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships